Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

After some trying i have successfully build my bios with ozmosi stuff, but i have a little problem, the installation not know my ethernet card  :huh: i use all the kext from ozmosis bios, i think it's here the problem, cai have to use smc disabler and injector for my specific chipset? 

my board is GAZ87N-WIFI with intel I3-4130 

many thanks

After some trying i have successfully build my bios with ozmosi stuff, but i have a little problem, the installation not know my ethernet card  :huh: i use all the kext from ozmosis bios, i think it's here the problem, cai have to use smc disabler and injector for my specific chipset? 

my board is GAZ87N-WIFI with intel I3-4130 

many thanks

upload your current ozmosis bios to see what u make.

here is it my bios, al the things runs well installation goes very well with usb key builded for mac.

i had to use F2 version, with F5 version, last, cant be possibile free needed space even delete tcpip6 and stuff like this.

Thanks 

GZ87NWIFIF2.zip

Hi, in my bios ( GAZ87NWIFI.F2) i have myoemlogo1 and myoemlogo2, as far someone knows, can be safely deleted to gain space? 

Many Thanks

hi all

get Bios GUI from QOU Successfully!!

just replaced this module .

Good Hack

sorry for the bad quality

Hi do you replace EFCB2FDB-0662-4A59-A5D7-03033EA97CAE with what? 

Hi, in my bios ( GAZ87NWIFI.F2) i have myoemlogo1 and myoemlogo2, as far someone knows, can be safely deleted to gain space? 

Many Thanks

this can be deleted but then u dont see messages when booting like press del to enter setup etc...

Hi do you replace EFCB2FDB-0662-4A59-A5D7-03033EA97CAE with what? 

this its not tested for series 8 boards just series 7.

To gain space for additional kexts modules your in your bios u can delete unneeded oproms for lan cards.

u have realtek efi and legacy modules in your rom but u dont have realtek lan.

U have 2 legacy oproms for atheros lan cards but only one atheros card.

U need to find your device id of LAN card and delete one that u dot have.

Thats way u can make space in f6 version too to make space for ozmosis.

Other than this u can use http://rghost.net/users/LongSoft/releases/UEFI-BIOS-Updater

To update CPU codes and that will gain u free space too and all oproms that u use u can update using this tool.

In my testing all legacy oproms can be safe deleted except VGA one and OSX will work just fine and windows 8 UEFI too, i dont kow if legacy OS will work like windows 7.

• Like 1

Hi, with version f5 efi-biosupdater dont work, no more space, the gui doesent work in z87 bios, i cant see choice menu if i replace EFCB2FDB-0662-4A59-A5D7-03033EA97CAE with ozmosistheme, i have to use F2 Version

For your information, ozmosistheme dont prevent booting and installing, it's around 150 kb space saved :D the only problem still persist is network card, i had to install ketx in post installation configuration, AppleIntelE1000e even if i put kext in bios.

nvram works very well i have changed mac type and serial number via nvram command, and the changes  still persist after power off/power on, i think there is no such possibilities to work with builtin wficard, centrino card 

For your information, ozmosistheme dont prevent booting and installing, it's around 150 kb space saved :D the only problem still persist is network card, i had to install ketx in post installation configuration, AppleIntelE1000e even if i put kext in bios.

nvram works very well i have changed mac type and serial number via nvram command, and the changes  still persist after power off/power on, i think there is no such possibilities to work with builtin wficard, centrino card 

Already know that.

For lan to work from bios it must have ionetworkingfamily kext in bios too.

• Like 1

Assuming you're running a 64-bit system, you can also save space by stripping 32-bit code from the AppleIntelE1000e kext with lipo before converting it to a UEFI module. I did this with AppleIntelE1000e and mXHCD for my Z68 (I have plenty of space but like to keep things as optimised as possible).

Assuming you're running a 64-bit system, you can also save space by stripping 32-bit code from the AppleIntelE1000e kext with lipo before converting it to a UEFI module. I did this with AppleIntelE1000e and mXHCD for my Z68 (I have plenty of space but like to keep things as optimised as possible).

Excuse my lacks of knoweledge, lipo is a osx command like strip on linux? 

Already know that.

For lan to work from bios it must have ionetworkingfamily kext in bios too.

I have to try, i dont know howto to gain space, i have already deleted tcp stuffs, upgrade microcode, it's' my intention still to use windows in the same machine.

Excuse my lacks of knoweledge, lipo is a osx command like strip on linux? 

Sorta. Universal binaries are basically binaries of each architecture that are then stitched together into one file. So by removing the 32-bit code you can almost halve the size of the kext.

lipo -remove i386 /path/to/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelE1000e /path/to/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelE1000e-stripped

Will give you a 64-bit only binary called AppleIntelE1000e-stripped. Delete the original one, rename this one to AppleIntelE1000e and build the ffs file with FredWst's kext2ffs script. A lot of recent kexts (like kozlek's FakeSMC) are 64-bit only but some still have 32-bit code as well and if space is tight this can help. Use lipo -info on a binary to see the architectures it has.

As xpamamadeus said, another option is to compile a 64-bit only kext from source. But if you don't have the source (like with mXHCD) then lipo is there.

• Like 2

Rev 894M is available.

Thanks for the heads up FredWst

Working fine here.

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0894 RELEASE (2013-12-09 21:54:35 VS2013x86) on 2014-03-12 22:54:57
00:000 00:000 Found Firmware UEFI Spec  :2.31:
00:000 00:000 Found Firmware Vendor     :American Megatrends:
00:000 00:000 Found Firmware Revision   :4.651:
00:000 00:000 Detected Aptio 2.x firmware enabling fixes
00:000 00:000 Embedded Mode Detected
02:497 02:497 BootOrder 0C 0A 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0D (12)
02:501 00:004 Found Boot000C "UEFI: USB USB 2.0 Flash " (0x32)
02:501 00:000 Found Boot000A "Hard Drive " (0x18)
02:501 00:000 Found Boot0001 "MainSystem" (0x16)
02:501 00:000 Found Boot0002 "Recovery HD" (0x18)
02:501 00:000 Found Boot0003 "OSX_Virgin_ML" (0x1C)
...blah

I've tried to make a bios using 894M and kernel panics.

Anyone else tried ?

Can you give more details? How did you update?

KP here too. Updated by replacing the Ozmosis module with the latest one (as usual).

Edit: OzmosisDefaults has been updated and now contains the default SMBIOS info. I guess it might be required now. Gonna put that in and reflash.

Nope. Still panicked. Reflashed my previous bios with 828M and all is well again.

KP here too. Updated by replacing the Ozmosis module with the latest one (as usual).

Edit: OzmosisDefaults has been updated and now contains the default SMBIOS info. I guess it might be required now. Gonna put that in and reflash.

Nope. Still panicked. Reflashed my previous bios with 828M and all is well again.

I also replaced ozmosis,ozmosis defaults & theme but kp same as above.

I also tried and create new bios from scrach using newer gigabyte bios but also gave me kp.

With 828 everything is fine

Hi folks, i have successfully modified my bios with 828 stuffs, but i have a strange behavior, i would line to di a clean installation, i mean on a new disk, but i try to start with usb stick i het Kernel panic and i dont know why, some has already encounterd thi kind of problem?

If i use a disk with already installed Mavericks, i can boot with usb stick without kernel panic

Many thanks

For ref, I didn't use the new OzmosisDefaults and retained the previous one without the SMBIOS definitions.

Hi folks, i have successfully modified my bios with 828 stuffs, but i have a strange behavior, i would line to di a clean installation, i mean on a new disk, but i try to start with usb stick i het Kernel panic and i dont know why, some has already encounterd thi kind of problem?

If i use a disk with already installed Mavericks, i can boot with usb stick without kernel panic

Many thanks

How did you create the USB stick?

Besides, for a new install can't you just double-click the Mavericks install app from your existing install, then when it reboots select the installer from your BIOS boot menu? You have added fakesmc to your BIOS?

For ref, I didn't use the new OzmosisDefaults and retained the previous one without the SMBIOS definitions.

How did you create the USB stick?

Besides, for a new install can't you just double-click the Mavericks install app from your existing install, then when it reboots select the installer from your BIOS boot menu? You have added fakesmc to your BIOS?

Hi, i have used this tutorial http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18081307&postcount=3 and it worked very weel, but now i cant install a clean OSX on a new disk, yes, i have fakesmc from ozmosis in bios, now i have only conncted new disk and still get Kernel Panic

As you’ve disconnected your other HDD’s then you will need to install from a USB, but why bother? Just boot from another HDD with Mavericks already installed and double click the Mavericks Install app, point it to the new disk, let it reboot and select the new disk from your osmosis-enabled BIOS boot menu. You may not be able to boot the new install until you satisfy any requirements for your board, DSDT for example but you should be able to install it.

What does your kernel panic read?

Hi, thank you, now i cant install, i'm just trying but i dont understand why i cant install if i dont have another disk already prepared and connected.

It seems that the installer looking for a mac partition and stop if you dont have any one, but if i have to install new system, for example for disk failure, i cant if i dont have any other disk mac prepared