How to patch kernel (haswell)

Kshishiu

11 posts in this topic

Hi! 

I have a problrem - I want to patch kernel becouse I have haswell. I have app for show hidden files, but i don't see the kernel file.

I use this to patch kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

You should find mach_kernel in the root... eg. at /mach_kernel on the USB and on your final install on HDD.  Unless you didn't place it there (when making your USB).

But I don't have it :/

How did you create your USB?  And really, you should check in Terminal:

# assuming you called your USB installer, 'Installer'
ls -l /Volumes/Installer

I created USB with this tutorial: http://cloverboot.weebly.com I'm sure I checked it few times :/ I create that USB few times too :/

For Clover, you probably used 'createinstallmedia'.  In this case the mach_kernel is tucked away and hard to reach.  It is not recommended you attempt to patch it in this case anyway.  Just use the KernelPm (and KernelLapic) option in config.plist.  Clover will patch it for you as it is loaded.

hi RehabMan, he only want to change the original kernel for the pached, but not see the kernel in the USBInstaller because the kernel is hidden, ocult, try app Show Hidden Files , run the app and open your USB and you can see the original kernel and change for the pached

For Clover, you probably used 'createinstallmedia'.  In this case the mach_kernel is tucked away and hard to reach.  It is not recommended you attempt to patch it in this case anyway.  Just use the KernelPm (and KernelLapic) option in config.plist.  Clover will patch it for you as it is loaded.

@RehabMan You are master :) Thanks :) One more question: Where can I found kexts??? Most wanted for me is kext to Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 or alternatively to Killer® E2205??? Thanks one more time! You are Master!!!

@RehabMan You are master :) Thanks :) One more question: Where can I found kexts??? Most wanted for me is kext to Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 or alternatively to Killer® E2205??? Thanks one more time! You are Master!!!

Intel Centrino WiFi is not supported -- replace it with a compatible card.

Not sure about the Killer...

hi RehabMan, he only want to change the original kernel for the pached, but not see the kernel in the USBInstaller because the kernel is hidden, ocult, try app Show Hidden Files , run the app and open your USB and you can see the original kernel and change for the pached

No, the OP used createinstallmedia to create a USB installer for use with Clover. In that case, the kernel is hidden away inside a DMG if I remember right. That kind of install works a bit differently than the traditional "restore BaseSystem.dmg" kind of install.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to write here again. Google took me here.

I've the same problem as the OP.

I used the createinstallmedia method to make the USB drive, then i installed Clover with legacy options.

Clover boots and run quite perfectly but i can't find a way to replace the stock kernel with the patched one (i need and AMD kernel) OR to tell Clover to load a different kernel from a different path (that would fix the problem too)

I read about kernel=mach_kernel but can't find how (o where) to use it.