Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

kiko - gma9xxx - by that i mean that after reboot I get a black screen with a mouse, and nothing move ....

Replace your open gl framework with the one from 4.7,should work after that.Try booting -v -x and do the work in safe boot.

Good luck

JaS,

to replace the frame work can i just copy the opengl.framework folder to say 'desktop' update to 10.4.8 and then boot into safeboot, copy the opengl.framework folder on 'Desktop' back to its original location ?

thanks ....

Hey nearly done, just need one thing, What reports the Processor Type? i.e is it a framework, if so which one?

Can i use the GMA kexts and the ogl framweork form 10.4.8 together?

EDIT: I think its system Profiler

Kiko just a question: when your new release will be out Can we install it over the old one? I´m actually workin´in 10.4.8 with your release, the only problem I have is I need to boot with -v mode, but the rest is fine I even got QE / CI with the usual AtiRadeon 9700.kext edit

just one simple question: for us ati users (1600 etc) - all we have to do is to update? we all should have the 10.4.7. ati kext installed already - and the new opengl framework which installs with the update should work with it?

so simply in one word: ati users can just upgrade and have the new opengl plus qe? i dont want a black screen after upgrading...

if not, would someone please post a how-to for ati users?

by the way: does the new opengl-framework have any speed differences?

whats the status for 10.4.8.s ati driver, new kernel and/or r2d2s friend?

Thank you.

Yep, its done, on eor two probs which i cant fix is that the insatller sets the wrong permissions, to fix these boot in -s and -v and run diskutil repairpermissions

but otherwise its alll working ;)

Ont he pirate bay now

Great work guys...

As far as I understand as of yet there are no plans on releasing 10.4.8 update with 10.4.8 kernel, newer rosetta etc. and it will not happen until someone patches the new kernel.

Also very important is the whole SSE3/SSE2 thing - I have SSE2 (iTunes 7 not working, QT 7.1.3 problems); somewhere I heard that the SSE3 emulator (from maxxuss) is not fully complete or sth. Anyway someone needs to fix SSE2 support soon,if possible (i do not have the knowledge to do so), otherwise no more osx86 updates for SSE2 people - today starting with 10.4.8 frameworks, tomorrow who knows what.

note to posts above: reestablishing support for GMA900 - reinstall the GM900 driver package from JaS 10.4.6 DVD (?)

I think ive fixed the gma issue in this update,

Aboutt he kernel it wouldnt work on ur cpu anyways youd need HPET,

update works for sse2 and sse3 on me

My Upload is terribly slow, so sorry about it

hey Kiko :2cents: , why don't you make a ppf from Combo1 to ComboRC2 and post the link in the new thread you opened at the bay? Much less MB, and I could share the full RC2 with full speed from here. Just upload the ppf at some public filehoster.

Cheers,

Bugs.

well it isnt just a little patch its basically a whole new installer and system + extra packages so the ppf will be quite big. My upload is fine now so it will be done in 4-5 hrs :), just seed once ur done.

He i might be getting my new adsl2+ service tommorow so who knows :2cents:

Thanks anyway for the recommendation

and ttyseven, i tested it on a sse2 kernel and it worked. no guarantees,

/downloading now, and will help seed.

im going to see what posts roll in and then maybe try the update :). not that i dont trust your work kiko, i just dont want to install again :D

thanks a ton bud ... great work :2cents:

JaS, this hasn't been an easy update for me for some reason. must have had a stroke or something. excuses, excuses. :poster_oops:

Accelerate. CoreServices. CoreFoundation.frameworks etc, just break it for me.

when i've gotten it working, Mail.app and Spotlight, Finder etc are snail-slow.

i'm hitting irc tonight. :)

Guest goodtime
yah if r2d2 is freezing, type in exit. I will remake a patch which will encompass all the chagnes so it should work. I am working on file sharing and a amd update. Sorry for all the problems but its the first release with r2d2 so it is to be expected i guess

Kiko,

Not a problem. We appreciate your hard work.

This has been a good thread full of great info.

Can you confirm that File Sharing is working on both client and server sides?

To others,

Has anyone tried the new 10.4.8 update from Piratebay updating from 10.4.3. For some reason my SSE3 Desktop wouldn't be me reboot from a fresh 10.4.6 JaS install. 10.4.3 worked fine. I plan on trying 10.4.8 again soon but if I can skip 10.4.6, I may just do that.

Goodtime

Ok So I thought I would post back on my progress,So I have my 4.8 Intel update pkg working perfect.

SMB / CIFS / APF working fine after reboot,everything boots up fine with a clean install from the iso also.

Here are a few pics

Quixos,I need an sse2 tester ...

Looking good JaS :poster_oops:

Kiko, JaS you guys are great. I just want to give you a brief synopsys of what my experiences were with Combo Update 10.4.8 from Kiko.

Since the machine on my sig is my primary machine, I decided to try the update on another machine before I did anything on this machine. The specs of the test machine are as follows.

ASUS Intel 955x Motherboard. P5WD Premium (Have to disable Audio)

Intel Pentium D 840

2 GB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz

250 GB WD SATA-II HDD.

Radeon x1600xt

Fresh install of JaS 10.4.6. - Works but in SATA mode set to IDE, borisdev method for QE/CI, Res.

JaS Patch to 10.4.7 - No problems there, fixed a bunch of stuff, now SATA works in AHCI Native mode. No problems

Now applying Kiko update version 1-

Works when SATA is set back in IDE mode.

Used 10.4.8 Kext for Video

--- ATINDRV.kext Version 10.4.7

--- ATIRadeonX1000.kext Version 10.4.7

--- ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle Version 10.4.7

--- ATIRadeonX1000GA.Plugin Version 10.4.8

--- ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle Version 10.4.8

Frameworks:

OpenGL.framework used was from 10.4.7

When I tried the ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundble version of 10.4.8 I got a blue screen with the mouse but that moves but nothing after that. Also it seems that this file is responsible for the new blueish color profile.

Also another thing is that when I click on the Go Menu on the finder and select network, it opens the window for a split second and closes it. Then I cannot do that anymore. I can however access the network when I open a window manually. I dont think it is related to the 10.4.8 update as it was happening on the 10.4.6 but not on 10.4.7.

Again thanks folks for all your help and contributions. Let me know if there is any more I can provide.

Also can someone summerize what Kiko update 2 does.

Guest goodtime
Looking good JaS :thumbsup_anim:

Jas,

If you need another SSE2 tester, I have an SSE2 laptop.

GT

Edit the /etc/rc file.

Find the line near the bottom with the kextload of r2d2.

Copy the line. Delete the line.

Paste the line after the Safeboot if - fi statement block higher up in the file (after this block) as shown:

if [ "${SafeBoot}" = "-x" ]; then
echo "Configuring kernel extensions for safe boot"
touch /private/tmp/.SafeBoot
kextd -x
else
echo "Configuring kernel extensions"
kextd
fi

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/r2d2.kext  <====

Save the file.

Thank you!

Guys I'm trying to patch my 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 with 10.4.8 combo update from apple but I've heard some people saying that /etc/rd is not used anymore so why are you saying that place the r2d2 part into /etc/rd when 10.4.8 doesn't uses this anymore?

So resuming this tread what we need to backup before 10.4.8 is

- 10.4.4 kernel

- kexts

- kernel.framework

- rosetta

do we need something else?