Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

My GMA 950 isn't capable of Quartz @D Extreme anymore after updating to 10.4.8 with ComboUpdate from Kiko RC1 fixed. I can't explain this. In 10.4.6 Quartz 2D Extreme worked fine!. Anyone ?

Dopamine

I have the same issue. Is there a way we can replace the new kext with the old ones?

Cyclonefr - I get blue screen with no mouse when I use your fix.

Victor - In order to fix the rosetta in 10.4.8 we need to replace the libstdc++ from 10.4.7 ?

I am asuming rosetta works fine if you are using the 10.4.7 version of translated.

Also what impact does this have on any other binaries if we swap the libstdc++

I have the same issue. Is there a way we can replace the new kext with the old ones?

i did the same thing, but i just reinstalled the GMA900 from my JaS DVD install ... and poof, fixed .. no biggy ...

Kiko - Just looking through the RC2 Package.

It seems that there is no Quartz.framework or QuartzCore.framework from 10.4.8. Both seem to work fine on my system. I have an issue with OpenGL.framework in combination with ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle.

What does work for me is:

ATINDRV - 10.4.5

ATIRadeonX1000.kext - 10.4.6

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle - 10.4.6

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle - 10.4.8

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin 10.4.8

Frameworks

OpenGL.framework 10.4.7

Quartz.framework 10.4.8

QuartzCore.framework 10.4.8

Thanks

Just updated with kiko rc2. all seems to work, have not tested everything yet.

Two things.

1. When I go into Single User Mode using -s at boot, mount -uw / . Then I use diskutil repairPermissions /

Nothing happens..it hangs there.

2. When I do repairpermissions in GUI mode, I get a whole bunch of errors saying permission denied and the thing completes...but each time it still does the same. in essence it is not repairing the disk permissions. Some files should be UID 0 when they are UID 501 or something.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Thanks

Thanks skeewiff, I read your post after I did that...all fixed now.

Kiko - I think the problem seems to stem from the installer..for some reason it installed all the files using my user UID which was 501 and not root (UID 0). Although it authenticates, it does not run or install files as UID 0. Also the diskutility itself was owned by UID 501, which caused it to fail to repair, even when in single user mode.

Anyhow, all well. Just some notes so if you decide to do a RC3 a few things you should consider.

Cool thanks tsun, i'll give it a bash. Just need to find the damn disk..... ;)

My processor also shows up as 2x4GHz Unknown. Wierd.

do you have HT proc ? cause if you do it views your processor as 2. virtually of course :D same with windoz, if you open up the task manager and go to performance you should see 2 graphs instead of the regular 1 for a non HT proc.

hope that helps....

THanks to all contributors :) who work so hard and care for us who can't be builders!! THanks for moderators :whistle: who help us remember to be civilized and appreciate those who lead the way!! You make this forum a great place and making Hackintosh almost the most fun you can have with a computer!

PROPS madly to all!! (hope to have time for 10.4.7/8 soon!)

Jas just released his own installer for 10.4.8, SSE3 Intel... it is up on Demonoid... was posted just under an hour ago from the time I am posting this.

He states:

"This update is for INTEL users with SSE3,It will install os x 10.4.8 on your pc. Just run this from your existing os x install.Reboot and enjoy."

SSE2 users,

using the JaS 10.4.8 update you can boot to desktop by replacing 10.4.8 /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework with the 10.4.7 framework.

everything works, there are some problems.

i've started a thread for SSE2 users who are interested in figuring out how to update successfully to 10.4.8.

don't waste space asking questions. if you find something, post it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29225

:blink: Hi cyclonefr, but this is old. Did you experience networking problems after applying the 10.4.8 update? What do you mean by "u'll need the 10.4.8 SMBFS.kext" :) ? Extract that via pacifist into the Extensions folder, then in Terminal

diskutil repairpermissions /

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

then run {censored}-X's patch? (mind, that was not JaS but {censored}-X who figured out those solutions).

I'm having the same problem with Windows File Sharing/SMB. The link Bugs posted appears to be a corrupted DMG file. From what I'm reading I need the 10.4.8 SMBFS.kext. Where can I get this? I opened Kiko's package using Pacifist but I can't seem to find it in there....

Many Thanks.

I'm having the same problem with Windows File Sharing/SMB. The link Bugs posted appears to be a corrupted DMG file.

The board appends ".txt" to the name of the file. Delete the ".txt" to make it a .dmg and it will work fine.

Message from JaS in another thread:

did you read this in the torrent description?

Ok I just noticed that the postflight for this package is not in the resources folder of the installer.It is in the contents folder.

So when your done downloading this right click on the package and pick show contents.then it will open the package as a folder.

Next open contents and you will see the postflight script.Just drop it in the resoures folder then run the package and everything will install without a hitch.

Sorry about that guys,if you forget to do it the install will be fine, still boot up and run, you will just have to manually repair permissions and fix smb.