Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

So to summarize, new in this 10.4.8 update for hackintoshes:

1) x1300 supported?

2) Rosetta improved?

3) Kernel update?

Am I wrong?

I would encourage people to read the thread for Kiko's comments. Here they are summarized up to this point:

Its a combo update and i succesfully updated from 10.4.5 to 10.4.8
Yeah no rosetta as of yet but i'll be working on it when i get time

For me this is a non-starter. I still use apps which require Rosetta.

you might have one or two issues where you hang at boot, i dont know what cause these and they are random, but boot in -v then when it hangs type in exit and press enter, then it will continue booing
THIS UPDATE DOES NOT WORK WITH AMD -----> I havent patched it for MAD, if any1 is up to the task they can do that but i cant

Edit: from hackint0sh.org:

(referring to AMD...) kiko told me it was working, but i advice u to install it via pacifist and unselect OPENGL.FK else u wont get OPENGL!

ok, i added no 10.4.8 kexts, you use the kexts that are on ur system. some 10.4.8 kexts are working but i lost my list of the ones which work and it took me a long time to get those so i cant do it again.

10.4.7 kernel work, well as far as i know the kernel isnt quartz friendly so windowserver doesnt run.

I think we'll need clarification as to whether he included the 10.4.7 kernel on which "windowserver doesn't run" or whether he put the 10.4.4 kernel in this.

Guest bikedude880

Agreed. Even if only one other person makes it all the way, it would be a big help. I want to install this and see what can be fixed.

cuz i will be 1 more to seed.

As long as you are downloading, you are "seeding" whatever you have. It just isn't called "seeding" until you achieve 100%.

If you are at 99.9%, you are seeding that 99.9%. When you get 100%, you are seeding 100% and you get the grand poobah title of "seeder". Big whoop.

i replace this itens on 10.4.8 to 10.4.7 jas:

- /System/Library/Extensions (entire folder)

- /System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework (entire folder)

- /mach_kernel (replace ownership and permissions to delete 10.4.8 version and install a 10.4.7 version)

pretty much the same here- im using an intel 915- its boots up good, decryption with no problem howvever after the log in window app starts- i get a blue screen- the hard disc not functioning (its like how laptops boot up without the wire trick..)