Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

It might be worth noting that there is a kiko package out there now, so maybe specify which pkg &/or technique you are using.. this package includes the edited /etc/rc, amongst other things..

This is also what I was referring to when I mentioned the openGL problem with gma900/950.

It seems that installing just the gma900 support pkg from the JaS DVDs fixes this, as mentioned by tsun.

Guest goodtime
yah i saw that... i posted the same thing 3 posts up or so <_<

ill read through and see if i cant figure it out. thats for the reply bud

Sorry. I didn't realize it was an unrelated problem! Have you've tried flushing your kext cache using -f and repair permissions?

GT

boot in -v, then when it hangs type exit and press enter

This isn't working in my case.

Let me give you somw infos I found out:

decrypts everything -> stops at "loginblabla" thing, ok no possibility to enter Exit, the whole Box hangs.

so I reinstalled an decrypted "loginblabla" app file -> ok it loades it correctly but now tries to decrypt somethign else -> fails and HANGS... I can move the mouse around in normal mode, in -v ... nothing happens on "exit" ... it hangs completly.

Guest goodtime
I would encourage people to read the thread for Kiko's comments. Here they are summarized up to this point:

For me this is a non-starter. I still use apps which require Rosetta.

Edit: from hackint0sh.org:

I think we'll need clarification as to whether he included the 10.4.7 kernel on which "windowserver doesn't run" or whether he put the 10.4.4 kernel in this.

Kiko is using the old Rosetta, and it works fine. I think Kiko's quote is referring to the new rosetta.

GT

Ok reinstall -> upgrade without Quartz and OpenGL Stuff

Result:

fails .... r2d2 is still turning around aroudn around and ... same as above :-/

^^^^^same problem

nah im talking about just going back to 10.4.7 ..

Guest goodtime

The 1st time I ran kiko's update. It got a kernel panic. Reboot to safe mode. Rebooted again. Crazy black and blue artifacts. Rebooted in safe mode. Installed GMA900 package. Rebooted. Everything for except filesharing works fine. :)

Was running 10.4.7. :)

Aperture 1.5 crack from Demonoid works under 10.4.7 and Kiko's 10.4.8 Installer.

GT

New problem with 10.4.8.

Personal File Sharing will not start up? Any ideas?

GT

So does this update work or not?

According to most of the posts here it is very problematic. How convenient is it to upgrade to 10.4.8? Is it worth all this hassle? Unless the patch is made so it will install seamlessly, I don't think is worth it. If I knew anything about how to get it working flawlessly, I'd do it myself, but the case is I've no idea how to.

Edit: Therefore, I won't {censored} about it... :)