Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

cd /usr/sbin

ln -sf /System/Library/CoreServices/AppleFileServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AppleFileServer .

Done.

since you use aperture, is there any way to get aperture to NOT copy all the images to its lib? There is a setting in iPhoto to do this. I have not seen it in aperture as of yet. Big turn off. Since I like to organize the photos folder structurally myself (good for dvdr backups).

-Victor

cd /usr/sbin

ln -sf /System/Library/CoreServices/AppleFileServer.app/Contents/MacOS/AppleFileServer .

Done.

since you use aperture, is there any way to get aperture to NOT copy all the images to its lib? There is a setting in iPhoto to do this. I have not seen it in aperture as of yet. Big turn off. Since I like to organize the photos folder structurally myself (good for dvdr backups).

-Victor

lamer0: talking about Aperture is off-topic but I believe the newest Aperture 1.5 allows you to not copy images into it's library and have them located whever you want so you might try upgrading to the latest version of Aperture.

Guest goodtime
cd /usr/sbin

Done.

-Victor

Victor,

Thanks.

About Aperture, I will check once I get my Desktop backup. That used to really bother me, one reason why I never used iPhoto 1.0, but Aperture's features were so good for my Digital Photography, especially when printing and cropping photos at 4x6 ratios, I overlooked its organizing tyranny.

Cheers,

GT

hows the reinstall Gt? got any good news for us heheh ... im impatiently waiting, watching the darned clock slowly move. i really want to see if the update does as its posted to 'update broadband performance' ...

anywho back to work .. :thumbsdown_anim:

Guest goodtime

Does anyone know if R2D2 has a cache or stores any temporary files?

When I tried to copy a new framework and after a reboot R2D2 went bonkers. I even tried removing the Framework and it still went crazy.

Can Frameworks be modifed one at a time and work inconjuction with R2D2?

Any specifics about R2 would be super.

GT

Guest goodtime
Also move up kextload r2d2.kext line after the safeboot if statement. That enabled me to boot into multiuser properly from a normal boot (non-verbose). I am guessing it loaded the kext to late and it started executing encrypted binaries before it had a chance the load the tpm emulator.

-Victor

Victor,

I hate to ask you this, but how do you move up kextload r2d2.kext after the safeboot if statement?

GT

lamer0: talking about Aperture is off-topic but I believe the newest Aperture 1.5 allows you to not copy images into it's library and have them located whever you want so you might try upgrading to the latest version of Aperture.

I was the first to mention Aperture in this thread, so that's my fault. And BTW, thanks for the tip LedY. :):thumbsdown_anim::)!

GT

Edit the /etc/rc file.

Find the line near the bottom with the kextload of r2d2.

Copy the line. Delete the line.

Paste the line after the Safeboot if - fi statement block higher up in the file (after this block) as shown:

if [ "${SafeBoot}" = "-x" ]; then
echo "Configuring kernel extensions for safe boot"
touch /private/tmp/.SafeBoot
kextd -x
else
echo "Configuring kernel extensions"
kextd
fi

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/r2d2.kext  <====

Save the file.

yah if r2d2 is freezing, type in exit. I will remake a patch which will encompass all the chagnes so it should work. I am working on file sharing and a amd update. Sorry for all the problems but its the first release with r2d2 so it is to be expected i guess

Guest bikedude880

This is a fairly stupid question, but once all the wrinkles are worked out of this update, do you think that someone might make an installer DVD out of it? I haven't had any luck with updates on top of working 10.4.5 and 10.4.6 (both JaS releases.)

Colonel is already making one he is just waitng for the final package with all the fixes to be ironed out, i already have one at home, and victor JaS didnt find all the fixes, there is actually a file called hints.plist with all the fixes :censored2:, so yeah

I patched my 10.4.7 Server with this, the patch went fine but same issues were encountered like the blue login screen and freezing boot panel progress bar.

I was able to work around these issues using the steps mentioned on previous posts here, however what bothers me the most is that after the patch the About This Mac still shows up 10.4.7.

Oh well ... I know I'm not supposed to use this on 10.4.7 Server but this is just to inform those who are wanting to install the pre-patch against their 10.4.7 Server installation.

Lastly, and most importantly ... thanks to all those who made this pre-patch possible and to people who tested it and gave support.

i know this is a newb question but wth is r2d2 :censored2:

i dont remember any talk of this in the 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 updates. maybe im just missing something.

or and just for a heads up. when i updated to 10.4.8, the marvell yukon driver went belly up. when we get everything smoothed out, there might need to be an update for that.

rack those brains guys :D

i had a list but i lost it so for now it is 10.4.7 kexts. Also 10.4.8 ati kexts still dont give QE/CI

Ok can we all stop posting probelsm now as im making a new one, can somebody post a list of the things to fix and i will read it just in case i missed anyhting

Kiko, you might want to make sure that people understand that they'll need SSE3 for this update.

p.s. i've updated apps, spotlight (faster even on SSE2) and other bits and pieces. but it's just not an update without Frameworks! :D

SSE3 works for me and for JaS and for some others and so does sse2

Ok im making the package now, im just waitng to see what is making memebrd to hang

EDIT: Ok it looks like no AMD for now

Ok So I thought I would post back on my progress,So I have my 4.8 Intel update pkg working perfect.

SMB / CIFS / APF working fine after reboot,everything boots up fine with a clean install from the iso also.

Here are a few pics

Quixos,I need an sse2 tester ...