Mac OS X 10.4.8

calmesal

468 posts in this topic

Somewhere back quite a few posts someone mentioned that Safari closed right after opening after 10.4.6 > 10.4.8 upgrade. I have the same issue. Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I booted from a disk and ran Repair Permissions, but with no change in status. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you use JaS's Patch? as his isnt a combo update even tho it works on some 10.4.5 installs. I am making a combo (any os x version) install pkg which i will relase tonight

Did you use JaS's Patch? as his isnt a combo update even tho it works on some 10.4.5 installs. I am making a combo (any os x version) install pkg which i will relase tonight

No. And unfortunately I read that bit of information after I applied the patch. Will I be able to just re-apply with yours, or will I need to go back to 10.4.6 completely before applying your patch?

Hi Kiko,

I will hold on a bit longer for your patch.

I am curious if you will be able to get more updated kext's for ati x1000 series...

I am currently still using JAS 10.4.7 and it is working very well with Intel SSE3...

Thanks very much for your efforts.

Cheers

Yes mine comes with ati kexts form 10.4.8 (mainly) a atindrv from 10.4.5 and a atix1000.kext from 10.4.7, this combo should give you qe/ci. There should be no need for full reinstall just becuase safari isnt working, maybe the webkit.framework si to new--

Hi Kiko,

I will hold on a bit longer for your patch.

I am curious if you will be able to get more updated kext's for ati x1000 series...

I am currently still using JAS 10.4.7 and it is working very well with Intel SSE3...

Thanks very much for your efforts.

Cheers

If your using my 4.7 just grab my 4.8 update from demomoid,why wait.

Hi :)

Enrich: Nothing for AMD so far.

Does any of you plan to release a 10.4.8 SSE2 update excluding frameworks that won't work ? 10.4.8 SSE2 Update excluded Frameworks list

I did try to install JaS update, saved 10.4.7 frameworks, installed update, repaired permissions and copyed back frameworks to 10.4.7 versions. The system hanged up at dmesg end with WindowLogon supposed to be launched.

I just came back to 10.4.7 ...

2 dumb questions; dont want to read the whole thread:

1. with the JaS .4.8 update is there the new rosetta with it, or isnt it fixed at this time (im a photoshop user and)

2. are radeons x1600 working yet with .4.8 kexts?

thanks for the answers and the hard work to keep OSX alive on Hackintosh :)

I've read the comments in the bay, and posted this:

You both should not fight. Should work together and break all encrypted files to make a REAL 10.4.8 update for the community and show your power to apple developers.

But, after all, thanks for your efforts, JaS and Kiko.

fter the update with the updater-package from JaS i´ve some problems!

Sometimes the dock freez after rebooting!

The system doesn´t recogniced my DVD-writer (NEC-3550i)!

I couldn´t play video-dvd´s !

Toast show "no recorder" to me!

Now i will switch back to 10.4.7 !!

Somewhere back quite a few posts someone mentioned that Safari closed right after opening after 10.4.6 > 10.4.8 upgrade. I have the same issue. Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I booted from a disk and ran Repair Permissions, but with no change in status. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

that was me, i started off at 10.4.6 and what i should have done was apply the 10.4.7 then the 10.4.8. whatever i tried, i was not able to get safari nor few other apps to work again. so i resorted to fresh install of 10.4.6 and then applied the patches as stated above 4.7 > 4.8 and everything is working great now EXCEPT samba.

Ok.. i had an perfectly good version of 10.4.6 running..

i installed aperture... it said it didn't work because he needed 10.4.8 (the 1.5 update)

so.. i downloaded 10.4.8 JaS from demonoid. and installed it

after the reboot, i couldnt open safari, because it would crash..

so i take a look here... at other problems, simular to this..

and so i installed 10.4.5 over it.. so i could install 10.4.8 after that...

no it did NOT, after the reboot.. i had an distorted mac os.. is could see some things, and popup screens..

but i could not control it.. so i'm stuck with my mac..

i cannot believe this.. i finally had a GOOD installation.. and then POOF! away...

i really would appreciate some help

oh, and if i cannot repair this.. i would like to have an program to backup my harddisk to my windows xp partition thx you :blink: