OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

I just updated to and tested DP2.

It works but I can confirm the black background in that options screen.

I also decided to try and patch the new AppleHDA.

It works fine so the patching method is still the same. :D

• Like 1

Is anyone experiencing P-Stepper error when booting Maverick (DP1 & DP2) on i7-2630QM processor? I tried to use a patched AICPUPM.kext and the non-patched one with a patched BISO for MSR 0xE2.

Is the DP2 downloadable in full dmg like DP1? Or DP2 is only an update and can't do a clean install of it?

Because DP2 fails badly for me... DP1 was ok.

This is an easy fix just go to the library folder and look for updates within the folder and find there the OSXUpd10.9.pkg just run it. worked for me

I just updated to and tested DP2.

It works but I can confirm the black background in that options screen.

I also decided to try and patch the new AppleHDA.

It works fine so the patching method is still the same. :D

Thanks for your confirmation, in appleHDA you have some sound assertion errors?

I have been running DP1 & DP2 as my main OS for a while now and have nothing to contribute towards glitches, freezes, black screens or anything that anyone else is experiencing. In fact, both DP versions have given nothing but solid stable performance. Boot time has decreased to the point of the spinning wheel not having time to display... from the Chameleon menu, OS X loads in under 3 seconds which is 2 seconds faster than ML on my SSD. The only issues I have had was with some CS5 apps like Photoshop and InDesign which have erratic behaviour and crash sometimes. Other than that ... perfect. Apps will have DP issues as these get ironed out before release, but the main function of OS Mavericks is near perfect on my setup. Easiest install ever, with no tweaks, no patches or fixes other than the usual DSDT, FakeSMC and patched AppleHDA. The rest is untouched. Kind of boring when everything works. I miss the challenges. :)

In what areas specifically have you seen performance improvements on Geekbench?

In almost everything that works. In fact, even with the "this app must be moved to the trash" bug, the system runs so smooth that i'm choosing it over Mountain Lion most of the time.

In almost everything that works. In fact, even with the "this app must be moved to the trash" bug, the system runs so smooth that i'm choosing it over Mountain Lion most of the time.

Hi, the reason I think you see that message "this app must be moved to the trash" because in Security&Privacy it's not set to "Anywhere"

Regards ---

• Like 1

Lol, perhaps? I cannot test it right now because I'm not home - answering from my iPhone. If this is the cause, shame on me, because this is one of the settings I use to check in the first place. Thank you, man! Anyway, I'm dodging the issue by starting the affected files from the Terminal.

All the best.

• Like 1

This is an easy fix just go to the library folder and look for updates within the folder and find there the OSXUpd10.9.pkg just run it. worked for me

Thanks for your confirmation, in appleHDA you have some sound assertion errors?

Yes but I have them in ML too.

Realtek ALC887 which is far from perfect.

No assertion errors on ATI HDMI though.

May i ask you (all of you) a question?

Why do you care about benchmarks in a beta environment? i would (and do) care more about apps and kexts compatibility, testing new xcode DP's (even though it can be done in ML too) and other stuff..

Don't ban me now please :angel::lol:

Maverick DP2 runs pretty well and no issues of any kind on the old, reliable XW8400, I don't want to try it on the real iMac which is sacred, Lol, btw, the only not-working thing is Safari Flashplayer on Youtube and Vimeo, it stops playing after 7-10 sec and needs a new click to start again, I've tried some settings with no result, any idea?

And yes, the nice thing expected, the menu bar on secondary monitor is there!

Whoa, the "Ink" system preferences option, which was on DP1, is now disappeared

Oh, here's it, simply, sound card wasn't connected, now flash player works fine too

the best news is fullscreen on secondary monitor leaving the primary usable, that was much waited!

Hi all :-)

A few days ago I wrote about a lot of issues with Mavericks I have.

I had my system extremely unstable. That was because of some old stuff in Extra/modules I forget about. My fault. I had many applications that wasn't worked properly. With DP2 all of them works back :-) +developers add Mavericks support to their apps (like the last version of parallels, and little snitch nightly builds). Multi-monitor support is a great feature and DP2 fix small but annoying bugs it had at start.

Now I use Mavericks DP2 as my main system, and have not (almost) problem with it.

• Like 1

@Mr.Graphic, yes if I rollback the problem is gone, but I think fakesmc in connection with applesmc, or maybe I'm too worried about excludelist.kext.. So smc error likes endinng story for hackintosh. Btw thanks mr graphic

/Extra/Extensions loads before /System/Library/Extensions.

Take out sensors kext from FakeSMC,

and put them in /System/Library/Extensions.

Put now lighter FakeSMC in /Extra/Extensions.

Fix everything with Kext Wizard.

T  -.-

/Extra/Extensions loads before /System/Library/Extensions.

Take out sensors kext from FakeSMC,

and put them in /System/Library/Extensions.

Put now lighter FakeSMC in /Extra/Extensions.

Fix everything with Kext Wizard.

T  -.-

Why not entirely dispense with the redundantly obsoleted /Extra/Extensions directory and simply place all of the kexts, including the complete FakeSMC.kext with all of its plugins, into the appropriate /System/Library/Extensions directory?

• Like 1

Im wondering if power management is still not functional because Apple does not have all the specs for the Ivy Bridge E series Xeon which is the one that will go into the Mac Pro?  Will it work for sandy bridge LGA2011or only Ivy Bridge LGA2011 once Apple defines it in Maverick?