OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

I compared it to 10.8.4 too... Did you compared all the hex code with a hex editor, or just by size?

I just ran a diff and it did not return anything.

diff Downloads/AppleSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleSMC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleSMC

returns nothing, it should say "Binary files X and Y differ" if there was any difference.

Anyway I just compared hex dumps just to be sure and they are identical.

xxd Downloads/AppleSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleSMC > a

xxd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleSMC > b

diff a b

returns nothing.

I tried diff command and it says they differs... So wtf? I didn't modified my AppleSMC kext in ML ever... (didn't used any helper app, I always do everything manually, with terminal) I have 10.8.4. And for me, they different...

How the hell is this possible?

edit: I'll download the 10.8.4 combo update and check the file from the pkg.

edit2: I checked, and somehow my applesmc in my 10.8.4 was modified... but I searched on the net and didn't even found any binary patch for it...so i don't know what the hell was changed in it for me...

I edited my post (stroked out the modified code)

The diffs you mentioned are at 0x488 and the code begins at 0xE90 so I guess they are not relevant.

otool -tV -arch x86_64 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleSMC > a

otool -tV -arch x86_64 AppleSMCpatched > b

diff a b
1c1
---
> AppleSMCpatched:

AppleSMCpatched being my original with the patched bytes you posted.

xxd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleSMC > a
xxd AppleSMCpatched > b
diff a b
73,74c73,74
4b8f 00bb 1ba5 390a  ........K.....9.
a135 a583 ef55 3e77 2a00 0000 1000 0000  .5...U>w*.......
---
> 0000480: 1b00 0000 1800 0000 ab9d a44c 0632 35d7  ...........L.25.
> 0000490: 94fe 6d18 c4c7 abfa 2a00 0000 1000 0000  ..m.....*.......

I tested diff on my installed applesmc in my 10.8.4 with the applesmc from the 10.8.4 combo update pkg, and they are different. So there is something modified for me... But I just don't know what and why.... :D

So ontopic: the thing is that there is no patched applesmc for mavericks... because that "patched" applesmc is only a rollback.

@Boombeng,

Can you tell me what graphics options are you using in Clover to get your HD5850 working properly?

Cheers.

Well i only use the classical GraphicsEnabler=Yes

The 1st instal with dp1 i had to delete the ati* and amd* kexts to boot the "OSX base system" installer

Wow, just had to share, and apologies if in the wrong place or someone has already said it...  

I decided I had to try the Steam game Civilization 5 with its latest upgrade Brave New World on DP3, and wow, it really rocks!!  No more wait while the screen redraws, even in 1080p with reasonably high settings.  Haven't tried maxxed settings yet.  See signature for rig info.

With maxxed out settings, no worries!!

Edited by Graebags

Installed DP 4 - had to apply RTC and TRIM fixes again as they disappeared.

Everything seems to be working fine.

It appears that it is significantly faster startup in DP4 than in any other previous DP version and faster than in ML. By this I mean the time from the moment the Apple sign appears to the moment you are presented with login screen is significantly shorter.

Installed GenericUSBXHCI in DP3 and USB3 is working fine. Sleep is not affected - functional.

p.s. After trying all sorts of tricks I could possibly find regarding enabling Face Time and iMessages, iMessages not working. I managed to get them working in DP1 then it stopped when I installed DP2. I got it working again after I signed off iMessages from my genuine MBP. Later, when I changed network configuration it stopped working again. Since then no success! I reinstalled from scratch and changed serial number using the Champlist application - rejected! Then installed DP3 on MBP using an external USB SSD, moved to Hackintosh installed Chameleon, FakeSMC. Got recovery partition, and all the bells and whistles, including FaceTime working but iMessage rejects every option on this MB  (GA-X58-UD7)!?

Independently tried to install 10.9 on RAID 0 (two SATA 3 SSDs) by copying an existing working disk image to RAID 0, then installing Chameleon on both drives, and pointing Chameleon to RAID ID. No success to pass even boot - OSX "panic attack". 

I updated, needed to patch applehda, and ati kexts. Bluetooth still not working properly (can't disable it), maps graphics bug fixed, safari "jumping" bug still there.

Here's a pic from the safari bug:

post-150972-0-08354800-1374567876_thumb.jpg

(I don't have any extension installed, if I disable javascript, then the bug disappears)

I still experience freezes after using Geekbench or the bench OpenGL Extensions viewer.

These freezes were not present on ML or DP1 + 2.
Also I've had some issues with bluetooth not being able to find devices right away (a delay of 1 minute, about 25% of the time while booting) and sometimes it can't be turned off when I'm using the wires keyboard.
This is not only present on my hack but also a mid 2009 mbp (oldest supported) and a Mac Pro 4,1.

GFX kexts + kernel seem pretty much polished as I hardy saw any increase this time, so probably they started working on the smaller issues of some I may not have discovered yet.

All in all it's promising and I'm happy to use the golden master on my production machine once it's ready, given that all my 3d party software already works without problems.

The DP4 blew up my Mavericks install somewhere.

I can't arrive to the desktop anymore, be it in normal or safe mode. Tried -f -x and GraphicsEnabler=No.

On Gigabyte's DS3H and Asus GTX 550Ti, stuck at some Bluetooth message.