OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

Yes. Read my blog as everything that you are looking for about x79 support and Mav changes is there. I hate repeating myself... 

That has nothing to do with the kext but the boot.plist. Generate P states comes to mind... 

sorry to say, but not working in my machine.. :)

sorry to say, but not working in my machine.. :)

Working fine on all of my official testers boards with all CPU models:

Rampage IV Extreme

Rampage IV Formula

P9x79 Pro

P9x79 WS

P9x79 Deluxe

P9x79 

GA-x79-ud5 

GA-x79-up5

GA-x79-up4

GA-x79-ud3

Just to name a few... 

iClould?! I don´t want that the NSA reads all my docs :)  - little off topic - 

Oh....heavens to murgatroyd!!!! ..... Apple has already told them how to remotely turn on any mac or hack while your asleep, showering or taking a dump .... bust your firewall like the head cheerleaders hymen on homecoming weekend ... and then look at whatever they want to including grammy's secret schnitzel recipe.   That's not even to mention the key capture methods they've .... nevermind .... PARANOIA!!!!!!   and...Waaaaaaaaay offffff topic!!!!!  sorry.  it's my meds.

Radeon5770 work the same DP1-2

DP3 graphics update is available today (Sat). What cards does it affect? Thank you.

it appears to be an overall stability fix for some cards that cause random reboots (according to the install notes anyway).  I can safely state that it doesn't cause my gtx580 to work any better ... still slow on openCL and still corrupted preview images in finder.

I dont know,  I just did the download to test and works well... but also would like to know.

see here:

http://www.osx86.net/view/3977-smc_error_fix_for_mavericks.html

I investigated the file and I found out that the patched applesmc kext has the mountain lion applesmc kext's binary file with this modification:

4B 8F 00 BB 1B A5 39 0A A1 35 A5 83 EF 55 3E 77 replaced with AB 9D A4 4C 06 32 35 D7 94 FE 6D 18 C4 C7 AB FA

We now know that this patched applesmc kext is basically some kind of a rollback with some modified code.

• Like 1

I investigated the file and I found out that the patched applesmc kext has the mountain lion applesmc kext's binary file with this modification:

4B 8F 00 BB 1B A5 39 0A A1 35 A5 83 EF 55 3E 77 replaced with AB 9D A4 4C 06 32 35 D7 94 FE 6D 18 C4 C7 AB FA

We now know that this patched applesmc kext is basically some kind of rollback with some modified code.

Which ML version did you compare to?

I compared with 10.8.4 and it's exactly the same binary.

We now know that this patched applesmc kext is basically some kind of rollback with some modified code.

Good work man...also ask, which Mountain Lion version did you compare?

One thing i found odd in all DPs: despite a huge improved performance in benchmarks, it appears that the system performance actually worsens overall - graphics lag sometimes, apps, preferences and windows take longer to open etc., and i guess the latter has everything to do with HDD access. Despite my supported-out-of-the-box intel 7 series chipset, i'm geting the orange icon for all HDDs but the startup disk with Mavericks from day one.

All the best!

• Like 1

One thing i found odd in all DPs: despite a huge improved performance in benchmarks, it appears that the system performance actually worsens overall - graphics lag sometimes, apps, preferences and windows take longer to open etc., and i guess the latter has everything to do with HDD access. Despite my supported-out-of-the-box intel 7 series chipset, i'm geting the orange icon for all HDDs but the startup disk with Mavericks from day one.

All the best!

I think you're right, I noticed it too...

Edit: I also tested an SSD and there are not big differences in access, except at boot ... the differences in benchmarks between an SSD and a  normal hard drive  are identical...but we are still in version dp3 ...

Best regards

Which ML version did you compare to?

I compared with 10.8.4 and it's exactly the same binary.

I compared it to 10.8.4 too... Did you compared all the hex code with a hex editor, or just by size?

All the best!

For me it feels faster in just about any task except for the authentication dialog that takes about a second to appear.