OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

"/Library/Updates/" folder should contain the update pkg file, right? Because I only have two plist files there... I just wanted to re-run the update to see if anything gets better...

Edit: I just downloaded the pkg, installed but I still got bugged finder... I managed to see what is bugging exactly: If I want to open the file properties window for the first time since login, then the desktop freezes visually, and the list view in finder windows gets empty. If I make a "killall finder" then everything gets back to normal. Until I want to open file info window again... So for me the file info window causes the Finder glitches. Anyone else get something like this?

Oh and the other bug I getting in DP1-2 is this:

post-150972-0-94570900-1372704327_thumb.jpg

The webpage gets pushed down as you can see. This bug happens only on a few websites.

I have been running DP1 & DP2 as my main OS for a while now and have nothing to contribute towards glitches, freezes, black screens or anything that anyone else is experiencing. In fact, both DP versions have given nothing but solid stable performance. Boot time has decreased to the point of the spinning wheel not having time to display... from the Chameleon menu, OS X loads in under 3 seconds which is 2 seconds faster than ML on my SSD. The only issues I have had was with some CS5 apps like Photoshop and InDesign which have erratic behaviour and crash sometimes. Other than that ... perfect. Apps will have DP issues as these get ironed out before release, but the main function of OS Mavericks is near perfect on my setup. Easiest install ever, with no tweaks, no patches or fixes other than the usual DSDT, FakeSMC and patched AppleHDA. The rest is untouched. Kind of boring when everything works. I miss the challenges. :)

Did you try CS6 apps? all CS5 work stable and fine for me and so do Photoshop CS6 and Premiere CS6, but After Effects CS6 crashes at start. I wish I knew it's either something in my configuration or an OS problem.

Did you try CS6 apps? all CS5 work stable and fine for me and so do Photoshop CS6 and Premiere CS6, but After Effects CS6 crashes at start. I wish I knew it's either something in my configuration or an OS problem.

they say in the release notes that after effects won't function properly.

>>  DarwinX:  Why not entirely dispense with the redundantly obsoleted /Extra/Extensions directory ?

I find that FakeSMC works well with that way, HWMonitor find now sensor kext.

When they were inside FakeSMC, HWMonitor does not find them.  Seems that

​FakeSMC should loads before sensor kext.

Second reason:  I believe, that future there is not possible put non signed kext in the system.

Source:  Lots of considering and believing:

Kext Requirements for OS X 10.9 Mavericks | Pike's Universum

... , but if You read with the enlightened guess, in the end it is not so easy to hack system

with the tampered kext anymore.

T  -.-

Next Haswell motherboard should works so little modification than possible.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page  is more and more

important in the future.  I hope that "Quo" lives and they build next Haswell

motherboard.

>>  DarwinX:  Why not entirely dispense with the redundantly obsoleted /Extra/Extensions directory ?

I find that FakeSMC works well with that way, HWMonitor find now sensor kext.

When they were inside FakeSMC, HWMonitor does not find them.  Seems that

​FakeSMC should loads before sensor kext.

In my experience, the FakeSMC sensor plugins have never failed to properly load from within the developer intended FakeSMC.kext plugin directory.

hello

u are right i use several other kext in fakesmc/contents/plugins ... the fakesmc plugins and kext for lan card , voodoobattery and several kext from Andy works.. seven or eight kext

and  fakesmc in /s/l/e , is the right way to install all kext in Lion or ML or Mav.. to use the kernelcache feature..

no one use Extra/Extension in this OS.. is not the right way to use kext... or if use don't know what are doing...

good hack

• Like 1

and  fakesmc in /s/l/e , is the right way to install all kext in Lion or ML or Mav.. to use the kernelcache feature..

no one use Extra/Extension in this OS.. is not the right way to use kext... or if use don't know what are doing...

good hack

IIRC MyHack merges Extra/Extensions with System/Library/Extensions when rebuilding kernel cache, never had any trouble with kexts in E/E here. Guess that you can try using that and see how it goes with FakeSMC.

hello

Extra/Extensions don't existe in a real mac install.. period.. the mac os x is not prepared to use that.. that is the loader it use...

and it works because  a module lib in chameleon..

Extra/Extensions is from the time of snow leopard.. and snow don't use kernelcache... and always is the loader chameleon u search for that folder..

if use boot.efi don't work that way

anyway u install the way u want.. but the system is not native prepared to work that way

good hack

AfterEffects should never work, regardless of what OS in my past experience. It's just one of those apps that require some sort of technology that doesn't seem to function with hacks :/

AfterEffects should never work, regardless of what OS in my past experience. It's just one of those apps that require some sort of technology that doesn't seem to function with hacks :/

After Effects CS6 works even on my AMD hackintosh!

• Like 2

Ok, artur-pt.  I understand what You say.

I know, that using Extra/Extensions is a little bit "wrong", but

that is the way, how sensor kexts only works for me.  I think,

that this methods is not from the hell, if it works.

(hell... well, my english is base on underground comics like

fabulous freak brothers, wonder wart-hog and that kind

like source. I apologized for that bad language.)

What You say next things:  I believe, that in the upper future

Apple lock kext with system by using digital signature, and

with the key which can only give from them.  That means, that

anyway, we must build some way to inject tampered kexts

from outside to the system. It seems quite logical, that bootloader

do that tricks.

https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/videos/index.php?id=707

(there is pdf this presentation too)

First only new Library/Extensions kexts need verification, but quite

good guess is, that this is only beginning.  At the last end system

is locked.  Remember:  ALL macs are now "all-in-one" macs.

(concise interpretation AIO in this situation, but You all understand

this.)  This 707 document they says shortly to developers:

"Do not write kext. Repeat until You understand".  They say

it so many times, that they really do not like it, that someone

write kext in their system.  I understand this, that in the future

system is locked.  - This is bad for hacking, but good for legally

end users.

That is the reason, why I do not see Extra/Extensions -method

so wrong, it is our hacking future anyways.

(this is only my opinion and believing.)

T  -.-

I think that native system is not any absolutely value, well working

system is. Uglily, maliciously and nastily methods are acceptable,

if final result is full and well working machine.  The Target is always

well working machine, not native system.

This whole locked down thing is bad for more than just hackers. I need kexts for my audio interface, and all my midi controllers use kexts too. My expert mouse needs drivers. My ilok needs drivers. I'm not sure how well they would function of they're not installed in s/l/e, is there a reason nobody uses library/extensions right now? Besides that, if the kexts aren't updated, that means no signature, which means you can't use whatever you need the kext for. So basically Apple is only pretending to care about their pro users.

Doesn't windows only load signed drivers though? It's possible that there could be an option to turn this function off just like in windows.

• Like 1

All your drivers will work because they will be signed by the manufacturers. And if the hardware is too old and the manufacturer refuses to sign it then I'm sure a workaround will be provided. There's already an official kext that does this.

You're being too paranoid guys, chill.

• Like 2

Direct quotation:

===========================================================

WWDC 2013, What's New in Kext Development, Session 707

Target Audience
• You are here because you develop a kext
• You know the top three reason to avoid writing a kext
    •Kext require wired memory
    •Mistakes are often fatal
    •Debugging is harder

Summary
• Sign your kext with Developer ID certificate
• Get out of /System/Library/Extensions
    • In fact ALL of /System  <- "Talk to us if you think you need to be here!"

===========================================================

In my opinion they try to tell us something now... didn't they ?

T  -.-

Pessimist & Paranoid are my second names, look at my avatar...   8-)
  • Like 2

This whole locked down thing is bad for more than just hackers. I need kexts for my audio interface, and all my midi controllers use kexts too. My expert mouse needs drivers. My ilok needs drivers. I'm not sure how well they would function of they're not installed in s/l/e, is there a reason nobody uses library/extensions right now? Besides that, if the kexts aren't updated, that means no signature, which means you can't use whatever you need the kext for. So basically Apple is only pretending to care about their pro users.

Doesn't windows only load signed drivers though? It's possible that there could be an option to turn this function off just like in windows.

Maybe Apple would grant certain companies the privilege to install their kexts into SLE

To prevent some system message spam regarding "Network delay is not specified! Defaulting to 0x384", create a new key in your platform plist:

post-129936-0-43102000-1373132254_thumb.png

EDIT:

The messages continues to appear in the GM.

Edited by k3nny
  • Like 3

After Effects CS6 works even on my AMD hackintosh!

Indeed I've never had problems with CS5 & CS6 After Affects with many processors, OS versions and configurations, so the Maverick problem was unexpected.

If something, I'd think to have problems with Premiere CS6, which, instead, works perfectly well in Maverick.

Another strange behaviour came from DAZ3d 4.6, even if the installation program is garbage and proprietary, it did install in /Applications under 10.8.4 by default.

Under Maverick, the installation program (the same) defaulted to /users/xxx/Applications

I wouldn't be surprised if under  Maverick and in the future, non-standard Os/x style installations would be send there, and it would be a good thing.

The habit of these non-standard installations into the operating System core directories really should cease.

A locked /System, for core OS and core OS only system files seems reasonable to me, but all 3rd party drivers and non-core application support should be excluded from there, even if signed.

a /Library/extensions for 3rd party drivers would be welcome, hopefully we could use it as we used /Extra/extensions.

To come back to AE CS6, the crash report is:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000010
VM Regions Near 0x10:
--> 
  __TEXT                 0000000100000000-0000000100004000 [   16K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6/Adobe After Effects CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects
Once again, it seems one of those typical (for me) adobe crashes on the Kernel, which I had seen on non-standard processors, specially with premiere CS6, though.
But the Xeons 5150 of the old, lovely Xw8400 are perfectly macPro compatible and so is the EEC registered memory, so I suppose that maverick is preventing AE to access the processors in some potentially vicious way. It would be nice to have the opinion of some of the Kernel Wizard Guys, I don't know much of such things.
Not a big problem for Adobe to fix, It seems to me or so I hope.
AE CS5 works perfectly well.

Only had to re patch my AMD kext as well to set proper port config for framebuffer. 

For those with the AE CS6 debate, it still does the usual crash on start up on my side.  Might have to reinstall back CS5.5 since I don't believe there was openCL based hardware rendering back in CS5, believe that came in 5.5 or 6.