OS X 10.9 DP's builds

fantomas

634 posts in this topic

Just updated to dp5 on my asus rebooted with-v -f logged on no sound added my Kexts for sound rebooted with -f logged on sound working rebooted no flags logged on all working fine iBooks opened my library and books were easy to read now have new notifications for trackpad battery's and no more annoying popups telling me I've ejected a disc incorrectly this is now a notification from finder in the notification area all in all dp5 seems faster than the other dp's

This version seems to fix a lot of things: graphics glitches are seemingly gone. It indeed boots faster but i still much slower than Mountain Lion. I use almost a vanilla installation except for my DSDT and two kexts, AppleHDA and IOBluetoothFamily, both from Mountain Lion, besides the obligatory fakeSMC.

All the best!

• Like 1

Notification here: Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.27.

In notification center.

Also iTunes Radio works for me in iTaly with a itunes store account made for USA!

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.30.

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.31.

Oops. Thanks for your photos :D

But I don't think I will be glad to see so many notifications in that area.

Let me get back to that later.

Earlier today I replaced them and turned them in at a green point.

Will see what I can source here at home.

Oops. That's bad. LOL.

I think the GM will come out before your battery dies off again :D

Oops. Thanks for your photos :D

But I don't think I will be glad to see so many notifications in that area.

You can set the amount of notifications per-app in the Notifications preference pane. It's strange though as they only show up in Notification Centre, not in a bubble. So unless I have NC open all the time (which I never do) I don't see them. Makes them kinda pointless.

The new app store release of Vox has them too and they behave the same way.

I'm having iMessage problems with DP5. Upon launching the new login window appears where my e-mail is already entered but there is no password field. Then I click 'Done' at the bottom then spinning wheel and nothing. Sometimes when I launch iMessage the login window doesn't appear but i can go to Messages -> Preferences and I can log in from there but not always. :) So it's pretty inconsistent for me, dunno if it's a bug or hackintosh related. Prior to DP5 it was working fine.

I logged in through the preferences (typing my password), then I restarted iMessage's and now I believe I'm getting the same as you. 

post-1037813-0-03037600-1376070948_thumb.png

Notification here: Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.27.

In notification center.

Also iTunes Radio works for me in iTaly with a itunes store account made for USA!

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.30.

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-08%20at%2012.31.

Or iTunes notifications can look like iMessages notifications (right in top right of the desktop)

Or iTunes notifications can look like iMessages notifications (right in top right of the desktop

BTW, the Notification for iMessage has a quick reply button?

Same as what's shown in WWDC? :D

Noticed quite an annoying issue found in DP 5 that hasn't been posted here is that scrolling seems to stop working after a period of time in DP 5 and doesn't work again unless you log out and back in or reboot the machine.  Just noticed it when coding in Xcode with both my magic mouse and trackpad and noticed that the scrolling was just sticking to an Xcode window so I quit the app and low and behold, the scrolling in any other window didn't work. 

Seems that I'm not alone on the issue since others have exibited the same issue that I'm now facing from time to time in this DP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75468887

E-Mail Problem with attachments (more Pictures jpeg) Crah Mail-program, in DP5.

is this known ? is a Bug or ?

Noticed quite an annoying issue found in DP 5 that hasn't been posted here is that scrolling seems to stop working after a period of time in DP 5 and doesn't work again unless you log out and back in or reboot the machine.  Just noticed it when coding in Xcode with both my magic mouse and trackpad and noticed that the scrolling was just sticking to an Xcode window so I quit the app and low and behold, the scrolling in any other window didn't work. 

Seems that I'm not alone on the issue since others have exibited the same issue that I'm now facing from time to time in this DP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75468887

OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5
Release Notes
Introduction
OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5 is pre-release software. Do not use this pre-release software in a commercial operating environment or with important data. You should back up all of your data before installing this software and regularly back up data while using the software.

If an installation of OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5 fails, try using Disk Utility from a Recovery HD to repair the disk.

Developer Preview System Requirements
The OS X Mavericks Developer Preview supports the following Macs:

• iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
• MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
• MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-
inch, Late 2007 or later)
• MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
• Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
• Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
• Xserve (Early 2009)

Notes and Known Issues

iBooks
OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5 includes a preview of iBooks for Mac. When you sign in with your iTunes account you will be able to access your existing iBooks library as well as the iBooks Store.

What should I try:

⁃ Verify your book library from iTunes 11.1 Beta moved to iBooks. Books are moved when you open iBooks for the first time.

⁃ Open and read a variety of books, including your favorite novels, picture books, and multi-touch books.

⁃ Add bookmarks, highlights, and notes, and verify that they sync to iBooks on iOS and other Macs. Note that you must have the Sync Bookmarks preference enabled.

⁃ Sync books to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch using iTunes.

⁃ Download books and samples from the iBooks Store in iBooks.

⁃ Download books from the iBooks Store in iTunes and verify that they appear in iBooks.

Known Issues:

⁃ If iBooks is not open and signed into the iBooks Store when a book is purchased in iTunes, the purchased book will not download in iBooks.

⁃ Some books with interactive elements may not respond as expected in the Mac in OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5.
⁃ Purchased books that are stored in iCloud may not show up in your book library after signing in. Running the following commands in Terminal and relaunching iBooks will resolve this.
rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.bookstoreagent/ProductionBag
killall -9 bookstoreagent

iPhoto
OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5 includes a pre-release version of iPhoto for the purpose of testing compatibility with Mavericks.

⁃ Opening your Photo Library with this pre-release version of iPhoto will permanently upgrade it and make it incompatible with current versions of iPhoto and Aperture.

⁃ This pre-release version of iPhoto will only upgrade libraries from iPhoto version 8.x and later.

⁃ Photos with GPS locations will be marked with pins on the map in Places. However, searching for locations using the Places map may return only partial results, or may not display any results.

⁃ The Help system is not fully enabled. Searches using the Help Center will return limited results.

⁃ Localization is not yet complete, so some text may not be displayed correctly in certain languages.

⁃ Photo Stream updates will not be registered to your Mac after installing OS X Developer Preview 5. To enable Photo Stream you can either restart your Mac or launch iPhoto with the library connected to the Photo Stream.

⁃ Make sure all photos that appear in My Photo Stream have been imported into your iPhoto Library before using this pre-release version of iPhoto.

⁃ Attempting to use My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Sharing with an earlier version of iPhoto or Aperture after using these features with this pre-release software may cause some streamed photos or data to be displayed incorrectly.
Disabling and re-enabling Photo Stream on your Mac will resolve the issue.

Installation

⁃ It may be necessary to refresh the App Store Purchases page before Developer Preview 4 will appear in the list of purchases.

⁃ Network migration from earlier versions of OS X requires the Migration Update for Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion, available from the Mac Dev Center.

⁃ Migration from Windows is not supported in Developer Preview 5.

iCloud and iCloud Keychain

⁃ When enabling iCloud Keychain, a blank sheet may appear. Force Quit System Preferences and retry.

⁃ Customers using iCloud Keychain with recovery may see a dialog indicating recovery has been disabled due to a server change. This is intentional. To re-enable functionality follow the instructions in the notification.

⁃ Adobe After Effects CS6 will not function correctly.

Other

⁃ Screen recordings taken with Developer Preview 5 are not compatible with earlier releases of OS X.

⁃ Aperture may exit unexpectedly when exporting an image while in full screen.

⁃ Moving a full-screen Aperture window to a secondary display may prevent the app window from being visible in subsequent attempts to use full screen.

⁃ Fusion Drive volumes created with Developer Preview 4 are not compatible with OS X v10.8.4 or earlier.

⁃ If using VoiceOver, network settings may not be accessible in Recovery Mode.

⁃ Contacts may be shown multiple times in the previous recipients window of mail. To resolve you can run the following command in Terminal:
rm ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.corerecents.recentsd/
Data/Library/Recents/*; killall -9 recentsd

⁃ AirPort Utility may exit unexpectedly.

⁃ On first reboot after installing Developer Preview 5, Wi-Fi may not automatically connect to known networks on MacBook Air (Mid 2013). Turning Wi-Fi off and then back on again should resolve the issue.

⁃ Applications may stop responding to scroll events, particularly while using the accessibility zoom feature. If you experience this problem, restarting OS X should resolve the issue.

⁃ Starting in Developer Preview 4, non-admin users will be allowed to install and update software from the Mac App Store. This functionality can be disabled with a profile that sets the “restrict-store-require-admin-to-install” key to true (boolean)
in the com.apple.appstore domain.

• Like 3

I have a question. I noticed that DSDTSE 1.4.3 have a unpleasant bug, that is cursor have disappeared, and as a consequence it hinders to be working a little.

Did you remain old DSDT editor or use something that is more new, at Mavericks of course?

• Like 2

Did you remain old DSDT editor or use something that is more new, at Mavericks of course?

MaciASL by SJ_UnderWater: pYcAXNQl.jpg

I use RehabMan's fork because he turned off the annoying auto save. I use it with the latest iasl built from Homebrew (symlink ${HOMEBREW_PREFIX}/bin/iasl to /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOSX/iasl5 and tell MaciASL to target ACPI 5.0), which works fine except MaciASL cannot parse the error messages from the latest version so its error message window remains blank. However, it works as expected if you use the bundled version of iasl.

• Like 3