HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I do not understand the problems you have. I have installed Regardless of the beta version (10.9.3 with last beta 13D43) on my system, its works very well ... regardless which kernel I use. You must properly configure your system then is then also will run well.

I do not understand the problems you have. I have installed Regardless of the beta version (10.9.3 with last beta 13D43) on my system, its works very well ... regardless which kernel I use. You must properly configure your system then is then also will run well.

Alright so it's probably me screwing up something here again. Is there any chance you could tell me what kexts you replace when doing the upgrade? and whether I should directly use the 10.9.2 combo update or upgrade to 10.9.1 first?

Alright so it's probably me screwing up something here again. Is there any chance you could tell me what kexts you replace when doing the upgrade? and whether I should directly use the 10.9.2 combo update or upgrade to 10.9.1 first?

Hi fishhelmet

The problem has been here a hundred times described how to fix that. it is a pity that you did not read the threads here.

it does not matter which update version you install.

you always have to replace (rollback)  System.kext and Sandbox.kext from mavericks 10.9.0 !!

Then repair the permissions and renew cache, then the best boot with:   -v -f npci=0x ....... etc.....

• Like 1

Hi fishhelmet

The problem has been here a hundred times described how to fix that. it is a pity that you did not read the threads here.

it does not matter which update version you install.

you always have to replace (rollback) System.kext and Sandbox.kext from mavericks 10.9.0 !!

Then repair the permissions and renew cache, then the best boot with: -v -f npci=0x ....... etc.....

Thank you spakk, sorry I didn't think to check the prerelease testing thread. My bad.

• 4 weeks later...

CPU        AMD Athlon(速龙) II X2 240 双核

BIOS        技嘉 GA-MA785GM-US2H(DSDT sleep)

RAM       5120 MB ( 金士顿 DDR2 800MHz )

SATA      西数 WDC WD5000AAKS-00N7B0 ( 500 GB / 7200 转/分 )

GPU       Nvidia GeForce 210 ( 128 MB )

声卡        瑞昱 ALC885 @ ATI IXP SB600/SB700/SB800 高保真音频(万能)

网卡        瑞昱 RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC / 技嘉

attachicon.gif屏幕快照 2014-05-10 上午8.17.24.png

10.9.3 13D61 new up!!!

Hi, can you tell us which AMD kernel is working in your build ?

Any guide for update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 or 10.9.3 ?

• Like 1

Hi, can you tell us which AMD kernel is working in your build ?

Any guide for update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 or 10.9.3 ?

wait and see the developments of the new amd_kernel, possibly this can be start with your system.Otherwise, you can use any other amd_kernel.

• Like 2

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.o Ghz

Motherboard: ECS A780LM-M2

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

SATA: 2X 500GB, DVD-R

PATA: 40GB (Windows 8)

USB 2.0: All 4 rear and 2 front ports work.

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450, works with kext plist edits and GE=Yes (also GE=No thanks to a DSDT edit, but reports as a HD5000)

LAN: Realtek RTL8111E, Realtek RTL8195E (onboard, not working)

Sound: Realtek VIA VT1705, latest voodoo working. HDMI audio not working

Bootloader: Chameleon 2.2 r2170

Mountain Lion 10.8.2, bootflags: amd_kernel, arch=x86_64, npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=Y (latest Anv amd_kernel for 10.8.x)

System works fine, litlle to no graphics corruption (only Safari, heavily affected, and Chrome, almost never affected). Games, movies, animations and graphics benchmarks perform as expected from the card. Until now, only DVD Player (crashes upon launch), ArchiveUtility (becomes unusable a couple of hours after startup) and the zoom shortcut (have to reenable it in Accessibility PrefPane from time to time) don't work as they should. Geekbench score: 4400 +

Lion 10.7.5, boot flags: bronya_kernel, arch=i386, -nossse3bit, npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=Y (Bronzovka's 10.7.5 RC7 kernel)

System works almost flawlessly, with full support for 64-bit applications and impecable graphics performance. Only HDMI audio doesn't work. Geekbench score: 4400 +

Hello theconnactic, where i can find this kernel that you used?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got an AMD system and I want to back Hackintosh again.

FX8320

MSI 970A-G46  (audio Realtek ALC892, network Realtek 8111E)

GTX660

I used Niresh 10.9.0

I installed but it's couldn't boot I try a lot of code and it's start but doesn't recognized my sound card, network, even graphics card basically recognize nothing.

But I chose kext on install secren.

Does any has same hardware?

lol

to me only i use latest bronya kernel with 10.9.3 installer 

it goes to installation and install fine 

but when booting to the setuped os x after loading i stuck with white screen with mouse courser 

don't know why this occur only with 10.9.2 and 10.9.3  
but i can install and run 10.9.0 normally with latest kernel

i am using UEFI clover rev 2695

lol

but when booting to the setuped os x after loading i stuck with white screen with mouse courser 

80% sure that this white screen is not caused by the kernel. Are you talking about the combo update.

80% sure that this white screen is not caused by the kernel. Are you talking about the combo update.

i installed 10.9.0 and works fine then install combo update from app store

result after restart white screen with mouse courser

----

install from start 10.9.3 after installing it successfully

and then booting it 

also white screen  with mouse courser

i  think it is related to mine problem of hanging with OS X unless moving the mouse :/

lol

same here

10.9 and 10.9.1 works fine but I never reach the desktop after 10.9.2

but you can reach it in safe mode (-x)

no solution find yet but I think the new graphic kexts do this

or something wrong in Niresh's distro

Hey people, these questions do not belong here!

Note the basic rules that are disregarded for a long time. unfortunately, also by me.

Basically, these questions belong in the appropriate help pages

and for decency's sake, as in every forum, all hardware-specific information belongs entered in the signature!!!!, so everyone can help.

@zeroing 
repair permissions using disk utility with usb Pandora istaller 
then reboot with flag 

-v -f UseKernelCache=No AtiConfig=Chutoro
  • Like 1

doesn't helped for me

white/grey screen and a spinning cursor

any idea how can I debug this problem?

Have you tried the old fixes for White Screen problems? fbrotate or what I've found is even a different AtiConfig works. Boot into safemode (-x) rename the AMD5000Controller.kext to like AMD5000Controller.kext.disable. Boot with UseKernelCache=No -f. Refer here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287626-guide-bypass-the-white-screen-for-ati-hd-7xxx-1083/

Will do later with my Clover USB stick.

P.S.: welcome back!

P.S.: in my case, I have no white screen, but I'll test it anyway to see if Clover's as stable as Chameleon with my build.

Awesome thank you :) also might need those with white screens to revert to an older version of Chameleon for testing as well.

PS: Thank you :) Great to be back and wow did I miss a lot! Playing catch up while being off from work. Hope all is good.