HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would like to get frequency scaling working on my amd pc, but I haven't been able to get it working properly.

I tried to get it working with VoodooPState.kext, (loaded at runtime, not at boot. I don't know whether or not this is a problem) but the values are irrational.

800mhz is the lowest frequency for my cpu, but it is reported as the highest.

1600mhz is reported as the lowest frequency (1600 < 800 ?), but as far as i know that isn't even a valid frequency for my cpu (at least not according to acpi-cpufreq (linux, ubuntu 14.04)).

Is this something I can fix, or is this a kernel issue?

I'm new to OS X and hackintosh, so it could be that I'm just doing something stupid.

Using mach_10.9_2_rc7_fixed, not using dsdt.

(motherboard: MSI 880-GM-E41, cpu: AMD athlon II X4 645)

post-1361137-0-52722900-1403530741_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your answer.

I will mess around a bit more, and if i can't fix it I guess i can live without it...

- fixed it: replaced fakesmc and installed an older version of voodoopstate, frequency scaling now works correctly and the system is more stable now.

...hi, sorry to butt in...i had a 10.8.3 install running fine on the board/cpu combo listed in sig(Pentium D)...after finally updating to 10.8.5 (using bronya's last kernel) i have a system that has time flying by...5minutes =5 hrs ...eventually freezes and have to reboot...lol...what did I forget this time...

well.....  not  that...  set  busratio=16  8,,  no  change  still running  mad  fast....  something  rtc  related??

...the system time in date and time can be set to auto i get correct date and time and before I close system preferences time has advanced 15 -20 minutes...typing a single letter or number gives me multiple keystrokes...makes logging in a real pain...    Slow TSC, rtc_nanotime.shift == 3...i  get this during  boot

• Like 1

Hey guys!

earlier I couldn't start mavericks installation on my A6 processor , but recently I discovered Bronya's RC 7 kernel , and It worked Like charm (For installation) , But Graphics Memory it's showing only 4 mb.It's integrated APU (AMD HD RAEDON 8400) .Please guide me what should  I do?

I booted with -blacklist -v flags , without -blacklist I got installation error

I am using Niresh Mavericks Distro.

• Like 1

Hey guys!

earlier I couldn't start mavericks installation on my A6 processor , but recently I discovered Bronya's RC 7 kernel , and It worked Like charm (For installation) , But Graphics Memory it's showing only 4 mb.It's integrated APU (AMD HD RAEDON 8400) .Please guide me what should  I do?

I booted with -blacklist -v flags , without -blacklist I got installation error

I am using Niresh Mavericks Distro.

You can always try buying a cheap G210 card, which is normally supported OOB and costs, say, $20, and see if it works. The Integrated Radeon will never be supported by OS X. In fact, I don't know even if a discrete card would solve the issue, or the APU would interfere with its proper functionality. You'll be on the bleeding edge here. Good luck.

Slow TSC, rtc_nanotime.shift == 3..

In this case, try VoodooTscSyncAMD.kext (google it) or remove it from your system, if you have it. Repair permissions and reboot.

...@connactic, well it seems that all 10.8.5(12.5.0) kernels i've tried give me that error...the amd_kernel(12.2.0) by andy and co. doesn't throw this error, but will not boot the system(10.8.5) ...the 12.2.0 kernel will boot my 10.8.3 install...i'll try the voodootscsync... thingy, if i can get back into the system again...if not, i may have to downgrade to 10.8.3...thanks...

Edit: well i found a kernel(12.3.0) that would allow me to boot a 10.8.4 custom install usb...got that installed...copied over the 12.3.0 kernel...and away we go...no more racing time...it's an amd/legacy kernel

Edit2:... well, the 12.3.0 kernel had to be patched on the fly...so i'm settling on the 12.2.0 kernel(amd_kernel) on 10.8.4...go figure... :smoke:

Hi. I am on 10.9 now, using http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4033-amd-kernel-for-mavericks-109109110921093/ kernel.

Im so tired of {censored}ting with my 550 ti, now it works with web drivers and some boot flags.

image.png

Proof that OpenGL is normal but look at this:

Interface, especially window resizing is very laggy (these glitches are only on video, in reality there are only lags during resizing)

Anyone?

edit also INFO shows 1.5gb of videoram, instead of 1gb. is it that bad?

Hi tidesofdark,

I have a GTX 550 ti with 3 Gb .... the graphics card works very well under OS X. Use a custom dsdt and patch the GTX 550 TI then your graphics card will work very well. As a source of information visit the website of rampagedev and use the instructions for patching the dsdt

In order to help you, so make a signature of your hardware components otherwise it is difficult to be able to help you. Therefore, use the current AMD kernel rc7 fix of Bronya. Without rollback the system drivers. Furthermore, using the appropriate chipset drivers!

Good luck!

Hi spakk. Thanks for advices. There goes my hardware:

Palit 550 ti 1gb connected as dvi-dvi to my samsung monitor.

asus m5a78l-m/usb3 mobo,asus m5a78l-m lx gave same problem(this problem was on SL, L, ML too)

6gb memory, 1333mhz, 2 blocks by different vendors. Shows as 400mhz in mac os, im going to try only one block.

Amd fx 8320, it seems that cpu works well, gives about 600 in cinebench(video gives about 44 fps, but lag is still there).

So...

I tried to edit dsdt with rampage's tutorial, but every time i get compilation errors.

Hi tidesofdark,

upload a row dsdt.dsl and ioreg file

• Like 1

Hey guys sense 10.9.3 (this includes 10.9.4) and Bronya 10.9.2 rc7 fix I haven't been able to boot OS X. It loads entirely but then as soon as I would get the desktop it turns off the monitor and won't display anything. Got any ideas on what I should try? Be it roll back kexts or what?

Thanks

Look at axmanA's findings and try either to use his patched IOPCIFamily kext (replace 10.9.3/10.9.4's version in /System/Library/Extensions and boot with Chameleon option msibase=0x90) or to roll back to 10.9.1's IOPCIFamily + AppleACPIPlatform kexts. Keep a backup of your existing 10.9.3/10.9.4's kexts, just in case...

So I tried both of the recommended options but neither worked sadly and I only got the same results. Here's a little video I whipped up so you can see whats happening. (this video is with the patched IOPCIFamily from axmanA)

http://youtu.be/OKC_NpBx76E

Thanks for the help

Hi spakk, thank you for efforts, but that dsdt didnt work for me :( . it just doesnt load graphics(black screen/no signal). i tried a lot of flags like GE=Y/N, device-properties, nvda_drv.... nothing seems work. also note that you wrote  asus m5a78l-m lx in the name of archive, however i use asus m5a78l-m/usb3. but if you modified my dsdt filethen it doesnt matter :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I have done Duran's methon. I have copied files as posted, from macbook pro retina running 10.9.4 to my hackintosh running 10.9. After this I wanted to restart my hackintosh and then try icloud. But on the shut down animation, the circle was still spinning. So I did hard reset and after this, I don't see my boot menu anymore. It keeps booting into windows. :( Do you know what shoul I do? Thank you in advance for ansvers and sorry for my English :D.

Btw: I have tried theconnactic's method with transfering, but when I wanted to initiate the transver, It was saying that I need to update my hackintosh to newer versions of software (hackintosh running 10.9 niresh distro, macbook pro retina 2013 late running 10.9.4 original apple software) and didn't allow me to initiate the transfer. Any advices? :( Thank you guys.

My build:

Fx-6200 AMD

4Gb ram 

Gigabyte GAFXA-UD3 motherboard

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 512MB

Realtec ALC889 audio

Reboot using your install USB/DVD to your main HDD then reinstall your boot loader would be the easiest method.

Otherwise if you know gparted, set your boot flag back onto your osx HDD

sorry I can't go into too much detail as I'm replying using tapatalk.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,i have AMD computer,i trid so many time,but i don't know how to inster new AMD kernel.

This is my PC spec:

Motherboard:Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

CPU:AMD FX 8320

GPU:ATI 4550 SAPPHIRE EDITION ---- I will buy new onw MSI 7850

And what MAC OS i can be install on this coputer?