HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,848 posts in this topic

I have got a new problem,i can't login App Store,iMessage etc.I have replaced these kext with originals : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/354-amd-replace-kext-for-yosemite/ 

and i have got a smbios.plist .I think smbios doesn't load because of these kext.How can i fix it? 

You'r SMBios looks very incomplete. I have made a new one still based on MacPro3,1 for you. Just replace the original. Make sure you'r org.chameleon.Boot.plist has the following in it,

SMBIOS
/Extra/SMBIOS.plist

• Like 1

@tokenduemon

AFAIK, iMessage doesn't work with Chameleon. Even on Intel Systems mainly because of a lack of nvram support.

Also, for AppStore to work, you must have an active/loaded Ethernet kext and make sure that OS X see it as en0 in System Profiler > Network > BSD Name.

Lastly, Ethernet Built-in must be set to Yes in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

About SN not showing, it maybe a bug in the patched kernel :unsure:… Anyway, access to the App Store is not dependent on your SN, only Ethernet (MAC address actually) connection.

Did you tried to delete all connections in System Preferences > Network, hit "Apply", delete NetworkInterfaces.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, repair disk permissions, reboot once then add your connections back beginning with Ethernet and hit "Apply" again ?

Should work :unsure:

• Like 1

The other option is to patch en0 Built-in in to DSDT, you have the dsdt, open to the ioreg and follow these instructions from rampagedev. https://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/inject-ethernet-built-in-into-a-dsdt/

I don't read the hole post, but I have some questions: I'm on 10.10.1 and won't to update to 10.10.4 or 10.10.5 for Xcode. Do I have to download that update from the store and than install the kernel? I thought the update will finished after I reboot, so my kernel will be overwritten..... btw my cpu is FX 8350

after installing OS X or makes update, then install the AMD Kernel manual into the folder /S/L/kernels/ !!!

I am using 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V3 with npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 parameters on a freshly installed Yosemite and updated with a combo update to 10.10.5, and I can see the login screen but when I try to login it just does not login and the spinner spins forever, what could be the reason?

PS: My CPU is FX-8150

Edit by spakk:

I am using 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V3 with npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 parameters on a freshly installed Yosemite and updated with a combo update to 10.10.5, and I can see the login screen but when I try to login it just does not login and the spinner spins forever, what could be the reason?

PS: My CPU is FX-8150

for FX-CPU, you should install the content of the package  (replace kext (cache Yosemite AMD), then boot with: -f -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and check where the system remains hanging.

it would be appropriate if you can write your hardware specifications in your signature , then we could better respond to your question.

replace kext (cache Yosemite AMD).zip

@spakk Thanks for the information, I installed the attachment you gave, now I get "unable to find driver for this platform acpi..." error and even if I replace the original kexts back from Windows it won't boot because I can't repair permissions from Windows, however I can boot to my USB Installation for Yosemite and I can use the terminal there. Is there a command that I can use in terminal to rebuild cache and repair permissions?

@spakk Thanks for the information, I installed the attachment you gave, now I get "unable to find driver for this platform acpi..." error and even if I replace the original kexts back from Windows it won't boot because I can't repair permissions from Windows, however I can boot to my USB Installation for Yosemite and I can use the terminal there. Is there a command that I can use in terminal to rebuild cache and repair permissions?

In Terminal:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

or use kext Wizard

now I was able to update to the newest enorch chameleon bootloader and the osx boots but at the beginning I get a error message that saids

Error encountered while starting up the computer

starting in 5 seconds and then it starts and it works normally any ideas??

now I was able to update to the newest enorch chameleon bootloader and the osx boots but at the beginning I get a error message that saids

Error encountered while starting up the computer

starting in 5 seconds and then it starts and it works normally any ideas??

I think that the problem is caused by an incorrect install-settings of Enoch.

check how do you have installed Enoch, check according to which content in /Extra/ modules/ is installed.

• Like 1

I think that the problem is caused by an incorrect install-settings of Enoch.

check how do you have installed Enoch, check according to which content in /Extra/ modules/ is installed.

Thanks for the reponse but this happen after I format one of the partition in the same hard drive after the error it boots fine and everything works fine any ideas?

boot your system with an USB flash drive, choose the Yosemite partition, give manually the boot flags and start your system, when you are successful in the system, then open the terminal and give the following code:. diskutil list

Then upload the table of diskutil list

boot your system with an USB flash drive, choose the Yosemite partition, give manually the boot flags and start your system, when you are successful in the system, then open the terminal and give the following code:. diskutil list

Then upload the table of diskutil list

here it is and the partition that is giving me errors is the mac 2.

thanks

post-1538537-0-18622100-1446992387_thumb.png

post-1538537-0-28500200-1446994546_thumb.jpg

You can correct me, but I mean that should be the setting for AMD so:

PatchAPIC key>

No string>

because if I want to start my system with chameleon bootloader with ACPI Patcher.dylib (in folder modules) then my system, does not work. Therefore, take this change in your config.plist and start again your system. Your partition is active, I was assuming that the partition is not active.

• Like 1