HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I need help with my monitor goes black when reaching the installer screen my video card is amd radeon r9 270x.

read here the content: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294315-radeon-r9-270x-framebuffer-issue/page-14  

---> patch the two drivers (AMD7000Controller.kext & AMDRadeon4000X.kext) or create a DSDT with the patch, as described.

my opinion, it is better to work with the DSDT.

in order to determine which vendor-ID and device-ID you have, use the tool systemInfo.app

Moreover, remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard.

please, put your full hardware specifications in your signature, so that we can help you.

read here the content: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294315-radeon-r9-270x-framebuffer-issue/page-14  

---> patch the two drivers (AMD7000Controller.kext & AMDRadeon4000X.kext) or create a DSDT with the patch, as described.

my opinion, it is better to work with the DSDT.

in order to determine which vendor-ID and device-ID you have, use the tool systemInfo.app

Moreover, remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard.

please, put your full hardware specifications in your signature, so that we can help you.

I don't use clover boot loader I use Chameleon Enoch boot loader and my cpu is amd fx 4100 and the last line of text before it reach the installer screen and monitor turn off the text say power management may be incomplete or unsupported after that it just hang with black screen nothing to see on the monitor and the monitor saying lost signal and I use HDMI.

So I have to download this kext and will it work and. Will I able to boot into OSX Yosemite installer with amd r9 270X without monitor turning off?

I don't use clover boot loader I use Chameleon Enoch boot loader and my cpu is amd fx 4100 and the last line of text before it reach the installer screen and monitor turn off the text say power management may be incomplete or unsupported after that it just hang with black screen nothing to see on the monitor and the monitor saying lost signal and I use HDMI.

So I have to download this kext and will it work and. Will I able to boot into OSX Yosemite installer with amd r9 270X without monitor turning off?

You have to patch the two drivers with your vendor-ID and device-ID, therefore you have to use the systeminfo.app in order to obtain an overview of which vendor-ID and device-ID your graphics card has. and last but least remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard :)

Hi all! I am trying to install 10.10.5 using Clover on my HP Microserver (AMD Turion II Neo + AMD HD6450). Currently it is running 10.10.1 booted by Chameleon. And it runs fine. Now I want to try to get it to boot using Clover. 

I used ##### 6.0 to prepare a USB stick and install Clover. Next I used the latest 10.10.5 kernel and put it on the USB stick S/L/K/kernels. The other files are placed in their respective directories. 

Clover boots (Legacy mode) and booting begins but hangs at the following (see pic).

I get this message which repeats all the time:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) <error>: Service could not initialise: 14F27: xpcproxy + 13421 [1402]

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) <notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I also tried to boot on a Phenom X6 CPU with an AMD HD7750 but i got the same message. I searched a lot on different forums but I cant find the cause of the problem. When I try to make an USB stick myself as explained on this forum I can't make it to boot at all :(.

What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

post-1224461-0-35161100-1444760700_thumb.jpg

Hi all! I am trying to install 10.10.5 using Clover on my HP Microserver (AMD Turion II Neo + AMD HD6450). Currently it is running 10.10.1 booted by Chameleon. And it runs fine. Now I want to try to get it to boot using Clover. 

I used ##### 6.0 to prepare a USB stick and install Clover. Next I used the latest 10.10.5 kernel and put it on the USB stick S/L/K/kernels. The other files are placed in their respective directories. 

Clover boots (Legacy mode) and booting begins but hangs at the following (see pic).

I get this message which repeats all the time:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) : Service could not initialise: 14F27: xpcproxy + 13421 [1402]

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) : Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I also tried to boot on a Phenom X6 CPU with an AMD HD7750 but i got the same message. I searched a lot on different forums but I cant find the cause of the problem. When I try to make an USB stick myself as explained on this forum I can't make it to boot at all :(.

What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

This is due to your OS X Installer, something went wrong in the preparation of the USB Stick.

Create the installer by using Disk Utility, and avoid any kind of tonytools or what else, the promise of salvation! and later cause problems, only clean install, then os x start very well ^_^

Edit:

** If you have enough time, then you can go back several pages, then you will see, that I had similar boot problems.

After created an new USB installer, then I could install Yosemite.

I will look into that!

In the mean time I made a new USB installer. With everything on default it would reboot immediately. So I copied the config file file from the previous USB installer and ... it booted up! 

So lesson learned is that I have to find out what parameters I need to set in the config file to be able to boot. And to not immediately get a reboot of the system.

Thanks again :)

You have to patch the two drivers with your vendor-ID and device-ID, therefore you have to use the systeminfo.app in order to obtain an overview of which vendor-ID and device-ID your graphics card has. and last but least remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

ok I think I patch it right I patch amd7000controller.kext like it say to do using this command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x01\x01\x12\x04\x04\x01\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x02\x01\x22\x05\x05\x02\x04\x00\x00\x00\x14\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x03\x00\x00\x00\x06\x06\x00\x08\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x04\x00\x11\x02\x01\x03|\x04\x00\x00\x00\x14\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x11\x02\x05\x05\x00\x08\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x22\x05\x02\x03\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x12\x04\x01\x01\x00\x02\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x10\x00\x03\x06|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AMD7000Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD7000Controller 

and I copy the edit amd7000controller.kext to custom kext folder I will be using Pandora's box 2.0 to make a another dvd will amd r9 270x work this time and will I able to install os x yosemite on my pc without the black screen as it reach the installer screen.

• Like 1

Yes it work i can now able to boot into the OSX Yosemite installer without the black screen i am going to Install it later today thanks for the help.

• Like 1

I have installed this Kernel in my system, but I am not able to install the current Nvidia web drivers.

The built in nForce Ethernet is recognized as a Dial-up Modem. Built-in Serial Port (1)

The GPU is GeForce 8300 (built in motherboard)

Is reported on the system as:

Bus: PCI

Vendor Nvidia (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0848

Revision ID 0x00a2

The system boots with the following flag npci=0x3000  (that is all is need it)

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6400+

Are this issues related to the Kernel been already patch or do I have to do something?

Thanks for any help!

I have installed this Kernel in my system, but I am not able to install the current Nvidia web drivers.

The built in nForce Ethernet is recognized as a Dial-up Modem. Built-in Serial Port (1)

The GPU is GeForce 8300 (built in motherboard)

Is reported on the system as:

Bus: PCI

Vendor Nvidia (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0848

Revision ID 0x00a2

The system boots with the following flag npci=0x3000  (that is all is need it)

Are this issues related to the Kernel been already patch or do I have to do something?

Thanks for any help!

boot in addition with these boat flag:  nvda_drv=1

Yes I boot with that also nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabled=Yes, when I said that the only thing need it to boot is npci=0x3000 is to get it started, which is amazing!

I used all kind of flags combination, I am able to install the driver it allows me and it loads but it goes into a black screen.

The same issue with the built in Ethernet is recognized as a dial-up modem.

I have been trying this since the new kernel was posted and have done others things. But if the Kernel is patch in a certain way then is already loaded that way. I wanted to know if this is the way it should be or there are things I am not doing properly or my AMD system is not supported.

Thanks for all the help!

Yes I boot with that also nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabled=Yes, when I said that the only thing need it to boot is npci=0x3000 is to get it started, which is amazing!

I used all kind of flags combination, I am able to install the driver it allows me and it loads but it goes into a black screen.

The same issue with the built in Ethernet is recognized as a dial-up modem.

I have been trying this since the new kernel was posted and have done others things. But if the Kernel is patch in a certain way then is already loaded that way. I wanted to know if this is the way it should be or there are things I am not doing properly or my AMD system is not supported.

Thanks for all the help!

it may well be that I have you not understood correctly, your system is working or not?

Booting with: npci=0x.... is at AMD CPU mandatory because otherwise the system stuck on "PCI Configuration Begin" everything else is optional, but it also has implications for the respective function, to be the addressed.

Yes my system is working and the Kernel also works in VirtualBox.

The problem is with the Nvidia Graphics driver. I can not install or load any Kext for it.

I am using the Display with the basic Vram 6 MB, which is not stable and the screen does not refresh properly.

Also the built in Ethernet is reconized as a modem and I have the Flag enable for the built in Ethernet.

I just took a quick look at it, I have not done anything with DSDT/SSDT Injection, but i am going to follow all the steps and I will apply it later on today, will reply back with the results!

Thanks a million!

:thumbsup_anim:

It may also be possible that there is another alternative, such as patching the graphics driver with vendor ID and device ID ... and Efi-String and rom-file

This is due to your OS X Installer, something went wrong in the preparation of the USB Stick.

Create the installer by using Disk Utility, and avoid any kind of tonytools or what else, the promise of salvation! and later cause problems, only clean install, then os x start very well ^_^

Edit:

** If you have enough time, then you can go back several pages, then you will see, that I had similar boot problems.

After created an new USB installer, then I could install Yosemite.

Eventually I managed to install 10.10.5. After installation I copied the kernel from the USB to the HDD. But for some reason I was not able to boot the HDD where Yosemite was installed. I got an immediate reboot (clover could not find kernel?). Fortunate I was able to boot my 10.10.1 installation and then I installed the kexts I needed to the 10.10.5 partition and I recopied the kernel was well. Now I was able to boot the HDD and finish the installation of 10.10.5! 

I am happy with the result but I needed another installation to make it work. Is there a way to make it work without the need of an extra installation? 

After many hours of troubleshooting I got lucky. I found this file http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/download/1322-nvenabler/

Decided to give it a tried and it works, it recognized the 512 VRAM of the GPU. Is a patch Kext for a lot of graphics cards and still works in 10.10.5 !

I did tried the DSDT, I did not have any luck with  DSDT Editor it did not work for me. I had to do it with MaciASL, but I end up with a fake card in the system. The way I understand how all this works is, DSDT can be use to add a device that the systems does not recognized because the Bios settings are not compatible. When the DSDT is change it allows the OS to find the device. The pacthing of the Kext works when the OS find the device but it does not recognized what kind of drivers to load for it, then by inserting the device ID the OS loads the driver. In my case the Ethernet card is not recognized by the OS, I will have to tweak the DSDT somehow and for the GPU, the Nvidia Web drivers needs to be patch with the card ID. But I am finding out is that this Kernel jumped ahead into the future and most of the tweaks are not available for 10.10.5. If there is an updated guide to patch Kext for Nvidia using tools for 10.10.5, please let me know!

Thank you..! :)

Great news for you but still, I don't understand why you want/need to use webdrivers ?

They're not needed for a built-in GeForce 8300, even for dicrete cards 8xxx…

Anyway, again glad it did the trick for you… I'm just curious :P.

BTW, you should add your specs in sig and bootloader used too ;).

There are some issues with the graphics, it is better now but sometimes the desktop does not refresh propertly. I am thinking that by using the current web drivers it should improve as the system will be more up to date. I am working on getting the Ethernet Card to work. There is a lot of information out there but is not organized and not updated..!

All of this is been tested on:

Asus M3N78 PRO

8 GB 800 MHz DDr2 SDRAM

GeForce 8300

After many hours of troubleshooting I got lucky. I found this file http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/download/1322-nvenabler/

Decided to give it a tried and it works, it recognized the 512 VRAM of the GPU. Is a patch Kext for a lot of graphics cards and still works in 10.10.5 !

I did tried the DSDT, I did not have any luck with  DSDT Editor it did not work for me. I had to do it with MaciASL, but I end up with a fake card in the system. The way I understand how all this works is, DSDT can be use to add a device that the systems does not recognized because the Bios settings are not compatible. When the DSDT is change it allows the OS to find the device. The pacthing of the Kext works when the OS find the device but it does not recognized what kind of drivers to load for it, then by inserting the device ID the OS loads the driver. In my case the Ethernet card is not recognized by the OS, I will have to tweak the DSDT somehow and for the GPU, the Nvidia Web drivers needs to be patch with the card ID. But I am finding out is that this Kernel jumped ahead into the future and most of the tweaks are not available for 10.10.5. If there is an updated guide to patch Kext for Nvidia using tools for 10.10.5, please let me know!

Thank you..! :)

export a raw dsdt -and ioreg-file and upload both files here.

Hello guys , i wanna use yosemite 10.10.5 with clover bootloader.I have been using chameleon bootloader for two years and i know where kernel will be copied for chameleon.My problem is : I don't know where kernel will be copied for clover.There is no kernel file in S/L/K files.Could you help me ? Thank you

@spakk