HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

2,848 posts in this topic

it is useless to remove AppleGraphicsControl.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext  ;)

I have just tested to boot with these drivers. the system reminds me of my first 386-he personal computer. I need to remove these drivers otherwise is OS X unusable, the graphics and the CPU performance are extremely lazy ! ^_^

well appaerantly the same hardware works better under windows 10, I guess when the hardware is not very compatible with OS X, it works slower than windows, how do you think?

Here is the results; 

OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.5

unnamed.png

WINDOWS 10

Screenshot_7.png

I have just tested to boot with these drivers. the system reminds me of my first 386-he personal computer. I need to remove these drivers otherwise is OS X unusable, the graphics and the CPU performance are extremely lazy ! ^_^

??  :worried_anim:

i tested :)

well appaerantly the same hardware works better under windows 10, I guess when the hardware is not very compatible with OS X, it works slower than windows, how do you think?

Here is the results; 

OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.5

unnamed.png

WINDOWS 10

Screenshot_7.png

wooh !!??  :shock:

use voodopstate ? 

look in Console and write freq :)

post-1093405-0-60654900-1443718729_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-16751100-1443719426_thumb.png

Edited by gils83

Hello!

I spent the last three days with installing, googling, but I can't deal with this any more. I need some help.

My build:

- AMD FX-8350

- KINGSTON 2x8GB

- GA-990FXA-UD5

- SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 7950 3GB

- SAMSUNG SSD 840 Series

I successfully installed Hackintosh on my PC (downloaded from AppStore)

OSX version: Yosemite 10.10.5

Boot loader: Chimera

Kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/461-amd-kernel-yosemite-10105-sseplus/

- installed this because the spinning wheel of death: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/354-amd-replace-kext-for-yosemite/

- patched AMDRadeonX4000 cail_properties

- patched AMD7000Controller - Futomaki framebuffer, this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303186-how-to-modification-of-amd-fb-clover-injection/- binary patch instead of clover - didn't help... same as before...

- installed ACL889 audio: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/176-experimental-6-channel-applehda-for-alc889/with HDAEnabler

- installed RTL8111 ethernet: https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X

- installed USB3.0: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

- installed FakeSMC

- enabled TRIM

My system is up and running, BUT only two of my three monitors are working. I spent the last 3 days debugging this issue, but I couldn't find a solution for that. The system recognises all three, but one of them (random) is black all the time (not blinking, black). I know there is a sleep/wake fix for that, but If I sleep my system, can't wake it again. More specifically it wakes up, but no usb, no ethernet, only the three frozen desktop. It hangs. I have to hard-reset all the time.

Could somebody please help me? I don't know how to fix the sleep/wake issue, but now my system is pretty much useless without the third monitor and/or the sleep.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/HxVWw

ioreg:

Admins-Mac-Pro:~ admin$ ioreg | grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000036c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (242 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000036d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000036e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000036f, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

kernel flags:

PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -v kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Futomaki AtiPorts=4 

Sorry to be off topic but...  I was wondering if you could still download yosemite as I have a mavericks install drive and I want to install mavericks and upgrade to Yosemite any ideas?

Sorry to be off topic but...  I was wondering if you could still download yosemite as I have a mavericks install drive and I want to install mavericks and upgrade to Yosemite any ideas?

An upgrade can may work, but can may also lead to starting problems, therefore it is advisable to make a Clean Install of Yosemite on a free partition or on a second HDD.

• Like 1

OK so I used this kernel for 10.10.3 and I got KPs so I replaced IOKit.framework, Kernel.framework, System.framework, and system.kext and I got stopped at something about display service running 0 seconds http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-75?do=findComment&comment=2165020

OK so I used this kernel for 10.10.3 and I got KPs so I replaced IOKit.framework, Kernel.framework, System.framework, and system.kext and I got stopped at something about display service running 0 seconds http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-75?do=findComment&comment=2165020

No! the changes that you have done is not correct! doing everything back in the original condition, and use only the amd kernel from package, then boot again and then post the kernel panic here.

OK removed all that stuff and it didn't KP, instead it gets stuck at

Wed Oct  7 localhost com.apple.xpclaunchd[1] (com.apple.configd) <Notice>: Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn by 9 seconds

P.S thanks for telling me to post any KPs first, then try the stuff and thanks for your help in advance :) .

OK update so I got the installer to boot but the installation failed here is a installer log https://onedrive.live.com/prev?cid=995462bea850c8cc&id=995462BEA850C8CC%2146255&authkey=%21AF0sP3gQWQraeMo&v=TextFileEditor

OK update so I got the installer to boot but the installation failed here is a installer log https://onedrive.live.com/prev?cid=995462bea850c8cc&id=995462BEA850C8CC%2146255&authkey=%21AF0sP3gQWQraeMo&v=TextFileEditor

Use this kernel as its the latest one, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-84?p=2169025&do=findComment&comment=2169025

If your installation still fails then I think you will need to remake the installer as it may be corrupt. Only replace the kernel and add the kexts needed to make your system boot eg chipset kext.

I need help with my monitor goes black when reaching the installer screen my video card is amd radeon r9 270x.

read here the content: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294315-radeon-r9-270x-framebuffer-issue/page-14  

---> patch the two drivers (AMD7000Controller.kext & AMDRadeon4000X.kext) or create a DSDT with the patch, as described.

my opinion, it is better to work with the DSDT.

in order to determine which vendor-ID and device-ID you have, use the tool systemInfo.app

Moreover, remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard.

please, put your full hardware specifications in your signature, so that we can help you.

read here the content: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294315-radeon-r9-270x-framebuffer-issue/page-14  

---> patch the two drivers (AMD7000Controller.kext & AMDRadeon4000X.kext) or create a DSDT with the patch, as described.

my opinion, it is better to work with the DSDT.

in order to determine which vendor-ID and device-ID you have, use the tool systemInfo.app

Moreover, remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard.

please, put your full hardware specifications in your signature, so that we can help you.

I don't use clover boot loader I use Chameleon Enoch boot loader and my cpu is amd fx 4100 and the last line of text before it reach the installer screen and monitor turn off the text say power management may be incomplete or unsupported after that it just hang with black screen nothing to see on the monitor and the monitor saying lost signal and I use HDMI.

So I have to download this kext and will it work and. Will I able to boot into OSX Yosemite installer with amd r9 270X without monitor turning off?

I don't use clover boot loader I use Chameleon Enoch boot loader and my cpu is amd fx 4100 and the last line of text before it reach the installer screen and monitor turn off the text say power management may be incomplete or unsupported after that it just hang with black screen nothing to see on the monitor and the monitor saying lost signal and I use HDMI.

So I have to download this kext and will it work and. Will I able to boot into OSX Yosemite installer with amd r9 270X without monitor turning off?

You have to patch the two drivers with your vendor-ID and device-ID, therefore you have to use the systeminfo.app in order to obtain an overview of which vendor-ID and device-ID your graphics card has. and last but least remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

then repair the permissions and refresh the kernel Cache with Kext Wizzard :)

Hi all! I am trying to install 10.10.5 using Clover on my HP Microserver (AMD Turion II Neo + AMD HD6450). Currently it is running 10.10.1 booted by Chameleon. And it runs fine. Now I want to try to get it to boot using Clover. 

I used ##### 6.0 to prepare a USB stick and install Clover. Next I used the latest 10.10.5 kernel and put it on the USB stick S/L/K/kernels. The other files are placed in their respective directories. 

Clover boots (Legacy mode) and booting begins but hangs at the following (see pic).

I get this message which repeats all the time:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) <error>: Service could not initialise: 14F27: xpcproxy + 13421 [1402]

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) <notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I also tried to boot on a Phenom X6 CPU with an AMD HD7750 but i got the same message. I searched a lot on different forums but I cant find the cause of the problem. When I try to make an USB stick myself as explained on this forum I can't make it to boot at all :(.

What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

post-1224461-0-35161100-1444760700_thumb.jpg

Hi all! I am trying to install 10.10.5 using Clover on my HP Microserver (AMD Turion II Neo + AMD HD6450). Currently it is running 10.10.1 booted by Chameleon. And it runs fine. Now I want to try to get it to boot using Clover. 

I used ##### 6.0 to prepare a USB stick and install Clover. Next I used the latest 10.10.5 kernel and put it on the USB stick S/L/K/kernels. The other files are placed in their respective directories. 

Clover boots (Legacy mode) and booting begins but hangs at the following (see pic).

I get this message which repeats all the time:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) : Service could not initialise: 14F27: xpcproxy + 13421 [1402]

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd) : Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I also tried to boot on a Phenom X6 CPU with an AMD HD7750 but i got the same message. I searched a lot on different forums but I cant find the cause of the problem. When I try to make an USB stick myself as explained on this forum I can't make it to boot at all :(.

What could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

This is due to your OS X Installer, something went wrong in the preparation of the USB Stick.

Create the installer by using Disk Utility, and avoid any kind of tonytools or what else, the promise of salvation! and later cause problems, only clean install, then os x start very well ^_^

Edit:

** If you have enough time, then you can go back several pages, then you will see, that I had similar boot problems.

After created an new USB installer, then I could install Yosemite.

I will look into that!

In the mean time I made a new USB installer. With everything on default it would reboot immediately. So I copied the config file file from the previous USB installer and ... it booted up! 

So lesson learned is that I have to find out what parameters I need to set in the config file to be able to boot. And to not immediately get a reboot of the system.

Thanks again :)

You have to patch the two drivers with your vendor-ID and device-ID, therefore you have to use the systeminfo.app in order to obtain an overview of which vendor-ID and device-ID your graphics card has. and last but least remove these drivers from S/L/Extensions/  --->  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext,

ok I think I patch it right I patch amd7000controller.kext like it say to do using this command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x01\x01\x12\x04\x04\x01\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x02\x01\x22\x05\x05\x02\x04\x00\x00\x00\x14\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x03\x00\x00\x00\x06\x06\x00\x08\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x04\x00\x11\x02\x01\x03|\x04\x00\x00\x00\x14\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x11\x02\x05\x05\x00\x08\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x22\x05\x02\x03\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x12\x04\x01\x01\x00\x02\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x10\x00\x03\x06|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AMD7000Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD7000Controller 

and I copy the edit amd7000controller.kext to custom kext folder I will be using Pandora's box 2.0 to make a another dvd will amd r9 270x work this time and will I able to install os x yosemite on my pc without the black screen as it reach the installer screen.

• Like 1

Yes it work i can now able to boot into the OSX Yosemite installer without the black screen i am going to Install it later today thanks for the help.

• Like 1