HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Nothing wrong with nVidia GPU/Chipset on AMD CPU  :rofl:

Go to the PM then my motherboard ASRock N68-S, the video card GeForce GT 630 Zotac 2GB, Athlon II X2 215. It can be in a group where I am moderator. vk.com/only_amd Pleeese!!! It will be a revolution in the world of the Russian-speaking hakintosh on AMD

I have couple of issues; 

#1 - Installer doesnt start, it hangs "Still waiting for root device"

foto_raf_2.jpg

#2 - System was starting only in SAFE MODE (boot flag -x) after all kexts installed you gave + DSDT.aml, I installed those kexts here and no way to pass log in screen. (I was trying to start installer to put previous kexts for AMD R9 280) 

#3 - My girlfriend is eating my brain for the reason we didnt go out sat night. 

I believee everything caused due to GPU. Any advises? 

EDIT - So far so good, I could update AMD7000Controller.kext through installer terminal and could log in the system again. But it is flickering and obviously this is not the GPU performance although it shows system info correct, any advises? 

Screen_Shot_2015_09_26_at_15_32_57.png

EDIT #2 - And why CPU of activity monitor shows 1 core?!

Screen_Shot_2015_09_26_at_16_03_14.png (EDIT #3, it is possible to see all cores through Act.Mon windows CPU HISTORY window)

how do I invest my system better?

post-1093405-0-37186400-1443365492_thumb.png

Hello

When booting, I'm still having the spinning beach ball with grey screen problem unless I boot in safe mode. Spakk fix (quote below) worked until I installed Chameleon boot loader :(

Modify the AMDRadeonX4000.kext as described below
Editing in: S/L/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

cail_properties

CAIL_DisableDrmdmaPowerGating
CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating
CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating
CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating
CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating
CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating
CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating

if there could be problems then make these adjustments:

cail_properties

CAIL_DisableDrmdmaPowerGating
CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating
CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating
CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating
CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating
CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating
CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating

Help?

:)

si tu utilises une CM uefi , il te faut iopci/acpip patché , c'est n'est pas un problème de CG , le DSDT n'y fera strictement rien , la R9 280 = HD 7950 et elle est native , quand tu as écran gris ou blanc avec sablier arc en ciel , ça ne vient pas de la CG directement , il faut remettre tes kexts AMD d'origine , utilisé SMBIOS MacPro 3,1/5,1 ou 6,1 

if you use a CM UEFI, you must iopci / patched CAPIC is not a CG problem, the DSDT will do absolutely nothing, R9 = 280 HD 7950 and is native, when you gray or white screen with hourglass rainbow, it does not come directly from the CG must be reset your kexts AMD originally used MacPro SMBIOS 3.1 / 5.1 or 6.1

AMD replace kext for Yosemite 

Those kexts gave kernel panic with Bronya's kernel and this kernel 

and the first sentence I didnt understand "if you use a CM UEFI, you must iopci / patched CAPIC is not a CG problem, the DSDT will do absolutely nothing," 

Could you be more specific? Do you think flickering is caused by this? whatever so. 

Those kexts gave kernel panic with Bronya's kernel and this kernel 

and the first sentence I didnt understand "if you use a CM UEFI, you must iopci / patched CAPIC is not a CG problem, the DSDT will do absolutely nothing," 

Could you be more specific? Do you think flickering is caused by this? whatever so. 

no , use boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No  ;)

@alllp,

only for information:
If the system should stuck on:  **** [iOBluetoothHCIController] [searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport!  

then boot with:  -s -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 and the other flags

then write:

fsck -fy           (enter and wait a wile)

then write:

mount -uw /    (enter and wait a wile)

then write:

exit                  (enter , then OS X should boot into the desktop)

Edit:

I think you should bring the Extensions - folders in /S/L/Extensions/ back to its original condition, as at the beginning of the installation of Yosemite. ..
then use, as Gils wrote a different kernel, but I do not think that this is the cause, but try it once.

@alllp,

only for information:

If the system should stuck on:  **** [iOBluetoothHCIController] [searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport!  

then boot with:  -s -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 and the other flags

then write:

then write:

then write:

It's not getting stuck on [iOBluetoothHCIController] ; It's the last thing we see with verbose before it goes to the spinning beach ball and grey screen. 

Unless I boot with -x.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I didn't install FakeSMC.kext? 

@spakk

actually IOBluetoothHCIController is completed, 

@gills

I tried also 10104R1 kernel from y2k4u but it didnt solve the spinning wheel issue.

I feel it may be caused CPU POWER MANAGEMENT issue, I read some in other forums as well as the screen gives only error about HPET (I checked it is enabled in BIOS) and AppleIntel CPU Power management issue,

Do you have any advices about it?  

It's not getting stuck on [iOBluetoothHCIController] ; It's the last thing we see with verbose before it goes to the spinning beach ball and grey screen. 

Unless I boot with -x.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I didn't install FakeSMC.kext? 

but it can not hurt, I think he is coming back into the system.

@spakk

@gills

I tried also 10104R1 kernel from y2k4u but it didnt solve the spinning wheel issue.

I feel it may be caused CPU POWER MANAGEMENT issue, I read some in other forums as well as the screen gives only error about HPET (I checked it is enabled in BIOS) and AppleIntel CPU Power management issue,

read my post #2615

@spakk

@gills

error HPET is no important , but deleted AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext 

then write:

then write:

@spakk

This doesnt change the spinning wheel issue, I still think about it is caused by cpu power management issue or something when it doesnt cause problem by -x 

EDIT: I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement too, no change, it drives me crazy, very strange!

@itisme754

I installed FakeSMC to test (normally forums say we dont need with AMD but worth to try) so; nothing changed...

• Like 1