HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I've checked again, it was installed on 10.9.5 and 10.10.4, now I have also been installed on 10.10.5, it works without any problems, everything works perfect

Which board do you use? please write your hardware specifications in your signature, so do not have to constantly ask other user to your hardware specification, please

your org.chameleon.boot.plist looks confusing, and faulty

Could you please help me to fix it? But do you think all of those are caused due to this plist?

I think that you can start at the moment only Windows operating system, so install ** and export a raw dsdt-file and upload it here.

** (use the DSDT Editor (the tool is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X) or with AIDA64 (trial version),

Here it is, http://we.tl/E5Y4RpynzP

Spakk, thanks for your assistance, if you we can do it together, I wish to send you a gift :)

Please use this upload page

( I do not want to accept Terms and Conditions of Use, without knowing their contents. The page is alien to me, I ask for your understanding. )

No, that's not my idea, we try to help, if that is possible, for no consideration. :D

which will take a while, as soon as I'm done, I'll upload the dsdt here.

Edit:

Please write your hardware specifications in your signature.

Edited by spakk

Could you please enlighten me what will you do exactly with DSDT and how it will be useful for me? 

(I am a bit new about those DSDT issue) before I did another yosemite install to my PC at work but that has intel conf with nvidia card and was too easy with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. 

Meanwhile, what should I do with plist?

Could you please enlighten me what will you do exactly with DSDT and how it will be useful for me? 

(I am a bit new about those DSDT issue) before I did another yosemite install to my PC at work but that has intel conf with nvidia card and was too easy with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. 

Meanwhile, what should I do with plist?

read here: http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=82&page=6

Got this after ~10 mins of uptime. Any help? Thanks.

remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext from S/L/Extensions/ then repair the permissions and rebuild cache with kext wizzard then restart

spakk, I could come to installer (a clean install by using installer chameleon v10) and using only AppleACPIPlatform.kext for AMD yosemite. 

But, now installer doesnt see my harddrives, working on it. I'll appreciate any advises. 

EDIT: With AHCI mode from BIOS, it found all drives. I'll keep going. 

EDT#2: Now, I am dealing with spinning rainbow wheel for starting the yosemite...

Edited by alllp

:)

nullpower should be installed in Extra /Extensions/ ...... that's quite clear, or we have to explain to each user here yet.? :)

spakk, I could come to installer (a clean install by using installer chameleon v10) and using only AppleACPIPlatform.kext for AMD yosemite. 

But, now installer doesnt see my harddrives, working on it. I'll appreciate any advises. 

use the contents of my Extensions folder, add the content according in to /Extra/Extensions/

In addition, add the DSDT.aml, see Appendix to /Extra/

make a note in your org.chameleon.boot.plist, so that it is loaded the DSDT.aml, it should help you to boot os x.

<key>DSDT</key>
    <string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

unfortunately I can not put your graphics card into the dsdt without providing further details, moreover, I have seen that this is the Tahiti, better if you ask rampagedev, in how far this graphics card works with the inject on os x.

boot with : -v  -f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO Usekernelcache=No

Maybe it's better to use clover bootloader, with FakeID, contact Slice, he may be able to help you further. Unfortunately I have very little experience with Clover Bootloader. ...read here, may bring you a little further

extra_Extensions.zip

DSDT_alllp_without GraphicsInjection.zip

Edited by spakk

EDT#2: Now, I am dealing with spinning rainbow wheel for starting the yosemite...

Did you try replacing these files?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/354-amd-replace-kext-for-yosemite/

Yes, he should leave no stone unturned, and when the system stops, make a picture of it and upload here.

What audio drivers should I use for my build on 10.10.5?

My personal opinion - no VoodooHDA. buy a good external USB sound card that is Mac OS X compatible. So you'll have more fun in the long term.

I use a slightly more expensive version. However, that must not be necessarily. You get from 10 euros upwards good USB soundcards.

Yes, he should leave no stone unturned, and when the system stops, make a picture of it and upload here.

I have couple of issues; 

#1 - Installer doesnt start, it hangs "Still waiting for root device"

foto_raf_2.jpg

#2 - System was starting only in SAFE MODE (boot flag -x) after all kexts installed you gave + DSDT.aml, I installed those kexts here and no way to pass log in screen. (I was trying to start installer to put previous kexts for AMD R9 280) 

#3 - My girlfriend is eating my brain for the reason we didnt go out sat night. 

I believee everything caused due to GPU. Any advises? 

EDIT - So far so good, I could update AMD7000Controller.kext through installer terminal and could log in the system again. But it is flickering and obviously this is not the GPU performance although it shows system info correct, any advises? 

Screen_Shot_2015_09_26_at_15_32_57.png

EDIT #2 - And why CPU of activity monitor shows 1 core?!

Screen_Shot_2015_09_26_at_16_03_14.png (EDIT #3, it is possible to see all cores through Act.Mon windows CPU HISTORY window)

how do I invest my system better?

• Like 1

read here: http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=82&page=6

remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext from S/L/Extensions/ then repair the permissions and rebuild cache with kext wizzard then restart

Is it necessary to repair permissions and rebuild cache (with kext wiz)? It seems that using this option is making the grey screen with spinning beach ball appear again :(

HI I would like to know if anybody have a way of fixing the app store because after I updated to 10.10.5 the app store is saying that my account cannot be verify at the moment and I cannot sign in ,I haven't change anything in the chameleon.plist,I don't know how to fix it please help!

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Duran Keeley
moved to the HELP topic from the iCloud topic

Is it necessary to repair permissions and rebuild cache (with kext wiz)? It seems that using this option is making the grey screen with spinning beach ball appear again :(

give the boot flags manually, when the system boots normally, then edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Here is the IOREG; http://workupload.com/file/bX0k88P0

Can you have a look for injection of AMD R 280?

Boot without DSDT.aml, so give the boot flags manually, in addition write: DSDT=NO, then we can see whether the dsdt is the cause or not, because your graphics card is detected.

give the boot flags manually, when the system boots normally, then edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Boot without DSDT.aml, so give the boot flags manually, in addition write: DSDT=NO, then we can see whether the dsdt is the cause or not, because your graphics card is detected.

Above didnt help me for flickering log-in

Moreover I tried below and no of them didnt help me either; 

1- GraphicsEnabler Yes / No

2- using kernelsseplusrev6

3- I deleted DSDT.aml completely from boot plist

4- I used mavericks kexts for AMD7000, framebuffer and amdsupport

5- I deleted all kexts including *INTEL* word. 

6- IGPEnabler=yes together with GE=No

7- Swithcing legacy bios of GPU

What can I do further, my knowledge is limited :(

Above didnt help me for flickering log-in

Moreover I tried below and no of them didnt help me either; 

1- GraphicsEnabler Yes / No

2- using kernelsseplusrev6

3- I deleted DSDT.aml completely from boot plist

4- I used mavericks kexts for AMD7000, framebuffer and amdsupport

5- I deleted all kexts including *INTEL* word. 

6- IGPEnabler=yes together with GE=No

7- Swithcing legacy bios of GPU

What can I do further, my knowledge is limited :(

Screen_Shot_2015_09_27_at_09_53_13.png

Screen_Shot_2015_09_27_at_09_53_24.png

So, the first impression when I see the list of the loaded drivers and recognized hardware components, it looks very good. but your system does not require a DSDT, because all drivers are loaded. A dsdt can only be helpful if the drivers can not be loaded.

Edit:

Now you have to search, what problems caused your system to correct the issues.

:)

si tu utilises une CM uefi , il te faut iopci/acpip patché , c'est n'est pas un problème de CG , le DSDT n'y fera strictement rien , la R9 280 = HD 7950 et elle est native , quand tu as écran gris ou blanc avec sablier arc en ciel , ça ne vient pas de la CG directement , il faut remettre tes kexts AMD d'origine , utilisé SMBIOS MacPro 3,1/5,1 ou 6,1 

if you use a CM UEFI, you must iopci / patched CAPIC is not a CG problem, the DSDT will do absolutely nothing, R9 = 280 HD 7950 and is native, when you gray or white screen with hourglass rainbow, it does not come directly from the CG must be reset your kexts AMD originally used MacPro SMBIOS 3.1 / 5.1 or 6.1

AMD replace kext for Yosemite