Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

I can't talk for all developers so I talk for me only, and I am a direct person: Clover is under refactoring and it is normal that new bugs comes out. The theme engine is totally new, but is it also clear that many themes ignored the basic guideline of not using real icns images and "worked before" doesn't change any thing.  "Worked" before is not a good statement as I saw tens and tens of posts claiming errors (even if for some worked due to different conditions) when the error is elsewhere e.g. in the theme. I saw peoples with 60 and more themes in the ESP, claiming Clover is slow or crash due to this, modified themes not working while the original does. I'm not the person who made this new engine, but I worked hard to find a solution to make existing theme compatible with new Clover but also old ones. That taken a lot of time to help peoples and the project to solve some cases. Now I know that i have to parse the theme.plist and fix CharWidth to be even instead of odd to solve a possible crash, for example.

But honestly I will not be at the mercy of annoying users, whatever the reason. Now I'll be glad to do whatever I can to find a solution, if I can, as I see you clarify your position.

thanks for the collaboration

I cannot speak for all users, so I only speak for myself, and I am also a straightforward and cortoise person: I know that Clover is being refactored and it is normal that new bugs come out. But on several occasions, I pointed out problems which made it possible coders to find solutions so as not to penalize the project in its change. I know the theme engine is completely new: but it is also clear that the themes I use, are not mine, but serious people who participate in CloverThemeManager. These themes respect the basic directive. Maybe some times, I forgot to update them or introduced a slight modification. I also know that you are not the person who made this new engine. Thank you for your hard work: "find a solution to make the existing theme compatible with the new Clover but also the old ones." I am aware that it takes you time and the whole team.

Finally, I also know the work of theme.plist analysis and correction will be complicated. My only claim is to forward information, certainly not to be a painful user. I already seem to have proven it to you.

Thank you for all your many and multiple efforts. Again, I apologize if I may have seemed painful to you.

Thanks again @vector sigma

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

CloverThemeManager

I cannot talk for this project as I made onother one. And themes installed by Clover.app are at github while CTM uses source forge.

These themes respect the basic directive

Not all them. Someone already fixed their theme at github, but i cannot test all of them and I don't want to edit one of them as this must be done by the author.

Thank you for all your many and multiple efforts. Again, I apologize if I may have seemed painful to you.

No problem.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Did you mean it show icons from the embedded theme or is always the same icon? 

generic icon of when it does not find association with OS

screenshot5.png

• Like 1

I think about what Slice has said, "there was mistake in Badge" while most of my uploaded theme.plist use: Badge - Swap=true. As we've known with Swap=false, Badge normally should be a small icon on bottom right of the Volumes (BootCamp theme is a good reference, or metal).

Hmmb, bit strange with r5109 "Swap" sees only one Badge: \icons\os_mac.icns; to be used for all.. (at least this is what I got on Clover Legacy, not sure with UEFI). Since 'os_mac.icns' shown properly, I don't think there was wrong image format (*.icns here was just renamed 8-bit *.png and already optimized with pngquant).

• Like 1

@vector sigma:

there seems to be an error in your latest change to the "buildme" script within this part:

rm -f "${CLOVERROOT}"/CloverPackage/sym/.withV2
    if [[ -n $1 ]] && [[ $1 == withV2 ]]; then
      touch "${CLOVERROOT}"/CloverPackage/sym/.withV2
    fi

it is within the "buildme" script from line 206 to 209. When i compile latest build with xcode i get the following error message:

"/Users/md/Documents/GitHub/CloverBootloader/buildme: line 207: $1: unbound variable
X299SAGE10G:~ md$ /Users/md/Documents/GitHub/CloverBootloader/buildme "

if i delete this part, everything will be ok and compiling is successfull.

This just to let you know. You add these lines in commit "Plist Editor for Cover.app "

30 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

@vector sigma:

there seems to be an error in your latest change to the "buildme" script within this part:

rm -f "${CLOVERROOT}"/CloverPackage/sym/.withV2
    if [[ -n $1 ]] && [[ $1 == withV2 ]]; then
      touch "${CLOVERROOT}"/CloverPackage/sym/.withV2
    fi

it is within the "buildme" script from line 206 to 209. When i compile latest build with xcode i get the following error message:

"/Users/md/Documents/GitHub/CloverBootloader/buildme: line 207: $1: unbound variable
X299SAGE10G:~ md$ /Users/md/Documents/GitHub/CloverBootloader/buildme "

if i delete this part, everything will be ok and compiling is successfull.

This just to let you know. You add these lines in commit "Plist Editor for Cover.app "

Thanks, try now.

• Like 2

@Slice

Thanks for commit r5109 75427f2 :)  solved XArray::ElementAt(xsize).

On Clover GUI, since I no longer display the fonts except for Clovy SVG. In the menus, the fonts are not displayed correctly (color, width of characters).

Thanks

Edited by Matgen84

14 minutes ago, Slice said:

I think most of bugs fixed by commit 91ba53.

Test again please.

Thanks. :) The problem is solved. Remains font color: I use white font (Font_DroidSans_16pt_WhiteFx.png), Clover GUI and menu shows black font. I don't know if my font is loaded.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I think most of bugs fixed by commit 91ba53.

Test again please.

Ok thanks latest commits the icon volume is fix and other things 

See what's need to be fix

1- Pointer is to big

2- we have a glitch ? missing shell icon

3- font is not good collor

screenshot7.png

Edited by chris1111
what's need to be fix

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Ok thanks latest commits the icon volume is fix and other things 

See what's need to be fix

screenshot7.png

Uhmmb, is 'tool_shell.png' exist on "Your Theme"\icons\...?

12 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Uhmmb, is 'tool_shell.png' exist on "Your Theme"\icons\...?

Your right is not but exist on lots other one I make test wit it

thanks ;)

EDIT *****

After double check

YES is there tool_shell.png.865636538a034835c4fa6694f74f7101.png

Edited by chris1111
YES is there

Any of you can attach prebuilt "CLOVERX64.efi.zip" only for me to test from latest Commit, plz? IDK why but building it with GCC53 under Linux gives me Red Screen of Death with Segmentation Fault, or Null Pointer on boot. And I've tried different boot6 and boot7 from v2.4k, v2.5k with similar result. My Debian 10 comes with GCC8.3, Python 3.7, I then manually added nasm and uuid-dev. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

34 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If 'tool_shell.png' is missing, there is a problem with the fallback (looks like a size problem?)

Please don't add it back yet, so you'll still be able to test a version that fixed the fallback.

Yes is there :yes:

tool_shell.png

EDIT ***

Probleme solved about tool_shell.png I have both and he confused

I have also tool_shell.icns

screenshot8.thumb.png.ebcc43e047ab415ee6cc01aef8fdfbe9.png

I wiil remove from all of the theme :D 

Edited by chris1111

42 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Do you still have the error with Qemu ?

Does Qemu here refer to Virtualization? I believe this feature is not available on my netbook with Intel Atom N5xx CPU. Too bad this is the only mach in my hand #atm. And it also comes with 1024x600px disp size (and vesa limits it's max support to 800x600 for me to see Clover GUI). -_- Thanks

Edited by Badruzeus

32 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Probleme solved about tool_shell.png I have both and he confused

I have also tool_shell.icns

screenshot8.thumb.png.ebcc43e047ab415ee6cc01aef8fdfbe9.png

I wiil remove from all of the theme :D 

Also check for 'pointer.icns', afaik Clover uses one with *.png format. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I've tested a few things since this latest commit and now clover accept Either .png or .icns extension even for functions so i guess if its not a a coding issue you can choose whatever you like (if it doesn't change again :) )

Pointer i can't say since mine tto is in .png format, maybe should try icns too :)

Big problem by my side is font rendering. fonts embedding Fx have issues

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

I've tested a few things since this latest commit and now clover accept Either .png or .icns extension even for functions so i guess if its not a a coding issue you can choose whatever you like (if it doesn't change again :) )

Pointer i can't say since mine tto is in .png format, maybe should try icns too :)

Big problem by my side is font rendering. fonts embedding Fx have issues

Hi @LAbyOne

@slice says few days ago: Clover accept only *.png file format (rename or not *.icns). If I understand well.

you should also consider This

when we'r talking about this subject here, it goes by itself that all graphics MUST respect the requisites given by the host, So if i'm talking about .icns Extension (NOT format) its indeed a .png renamed

then when i state that it accept both extension i mean That, not other format, so you can have all graphics with same extension (.png or .icns ) it does not matter, Given the fact all are basically png renamed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

you should also consider This

when we'r talking about this subject here, it goes by itself that all graphics MUST respect the requisites given by the host, So if i'm talking about .icns Extension (NOT format) its indeed a .png renamed

then when i state that it accept both extension i mean That, not other format, so you can have all graphics with same extension (.png or .icns ) it does not matter, Given the fact all are basically png renamed.

You should also consider that most users don't known the requirement for the theming. Right, you known graphic rules but not everyone.

For the moment, with the theme I'm using (made by BadruZeus), the latest commit don't solve font color. Some adjustment are necessary for charwidth. I think @Slice will correct the problem ASAP, I hope.

Edited by Matgen84

Weird uhmmb, Clover build logs give no error. My last trial was using '--no-lto' flag but still produces similar result (RSOD). I've also tried pressing 'Esc' key immediately soon after 'boot6 or boot7' disappears so it brings me to Boot Maintenance Manager for manually loading 'fs0:\efi\clover\cloverx64.efi' file or even run EFI Shell first to chainload it. But, all went to same RSOD.

Github Release version however, loaded fine. Something wrong in my mach. FYI, I use MX Linux 19.1 (based on Debian 10), GCC8.3, Python 2.7.1 (currently used), nasm 2.14, am I missing something?

CloverBuild_logs.txt.zip

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1