Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

After one of the commits on 

Commits on Mar 29, 2020 Trying also commits from today 30 Mar and its the same issue

Black screen after booting with GeForce GT 710 HDMI the monitor goes to no signal HDMI

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

After one of the commits on 

Commits on Mar 29, 2020 Trying also commits from today 30 Mar and its the same issue

Black screen after booting with GeForce GT 710 HDMI the monitor goes to no signal HDMI

Please explain more details.

Clover loads successfully to menu, you select the entry and then black screen?

Clover doesn't load at all?

15 minutes ago, Pene said:

Please explain more details.

Clover doesn't load at all?

Yes load successfully to menue boot successfully but no signal monitor juste before the second stage boot

Iam taping to my keyboard and I hear the sound but the display stay closed

41 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Yes load successfully to menue boot successfully but no signal monitor juste before the second stage boot

Iam taping to my keyboard and I hear the sound but the display stay closed

I saw a mistake in one of the commits from Mar 29 regarding Nvidia injection.

Check again with the committed fix.

4 hours ago, Pene said:

Yes, blackscreen here. not like @chris1111 that is getting NO SGNAL.

Compiling March 31, im getting this message. No errors though. (Using High Sierra with Xcode 10.1)

[CPP] menu
[CPP] screen
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: file: /Users/ella/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/entry_scan/secureboot.obj has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: file: /Users/ella/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/entry_scan/securehash.obj has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: file: /Users/ella/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/entry_scan/securemenu.obj has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: file: /Users/ella/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/entry_scan/securevars.obj has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: file: /Users/ella/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/libeg/XTheme.obj has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool: file: /Users/ella/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/cpp_foundation/XUINTN.obj has no symbols
[SLINK] CLOVERX64
[DLINK1] CLOVERX64
[MTOC] CLOVERX64
[GENFW] CLOVERX64

Generating DUETEFIMAINFVX64 FV

Is it ok to disregard this message?

Edited by ellaosx

38 minutes ago, anmool said:

VoodooI2C.kext is not working during installation

i put kext into the Other folder and but didn't work

anyone can tell me what is this issue

Check the kext info.plist if it contains lines

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Console</string>

If no then add them as other kexts usually have.

28 minutes ago, Slice said:

Check the kext info.plist if it contains lines

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Console</string>

If no then add them as other kexts usually have.

1.  i changed OSBundleRequired=Root to console

i have another issue is compiling with xcode 11.4  

2.  compiling stuck with this stage [HDIUTIL] /Users/mohammad/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/sym/Clover-5108-X64.iso

3, third issue is that automatically restart my laptop due to timeouts SetDPPowerState but i solved this problem in OpenCore bootloader with this option set PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true but in clover bootoader no luck 

please slice anwser my these three issues

i attached screenshot of both issue

521350490_ScreenShot2020-03-31at7_36_06AM.png.8f756abdedf3c8f4e9fcb845aafbcc65.png

484012713_ScreenShot2020-03-31at7_36_23AM.thumb.png.8284bf6eecaf55556fd071e6bdc5c139.png496583495_ScreenShot2020-03-29at2_58_35AM.thumb.jpg.045f57e7f7d6cdb05e3f4feeea585c0c.jpg

43 minutes ago, anmool said:

1.  i changed OSBundleRequired=Root to console

i have another issue is compiling with xcode 11.4  

2.  compiling stuck with this stage [HDIUTIL] /Users/mohammad/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/sym/Clover-5108-X64.iso

3, third issue is that automatically restart my laptop due to timeouts SetDPPowerState but i solved this problem in OpenCore bootloader with this option set PowerTimeoutKernelPanic=true but in clover bootoader no luck 

please slice anwser my these three issues

521350490_ScreenShot2020-03-31at7_36_06AM.png.8f756abdedf3c8f4e9fcb845aafbcc65.png

484012713_ScreenShot2020-03-31at7_36_23AM.thumb.png.8284bf6eecaf55556fd071e6bdc5c139.png496583495_ScreenShot2020-03-29at2_58_35AM.thumb.jpg.045f57e7f7d6cdb05e3f4feeea585c0c.jpg

IOSCSIPeripherials is about SATA,, check your SATA Power management in BIOS. Set it to Disable, clover doesn't have feature for "set PowerTimeoutKernelPanic"

3 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

IOSCSIPeripherials is about SATA,, check your SATA Power management in BIOS. Set it to Disable, clover doesn't have feature for "set PowerTimeoutKernelPanic"

i have no such option in my bois

5 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Yes, blackscreen here. not like @chris1111 that is getting NO SGNAL.

Did you try after the latest commit to see if the black screen problem persists? What is your hardware?

5 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Compiling March 31, im getting this message. No errors though. (Using High Sierra with Xcode 10.1)

Is it ok to disregard this message?

Yes, it is safe to ignore that message. It just notifies about empty code (for example, code excluded via #ifdef, such as XTheme currently).

Edited by Pene

9 hours ago, Pene said:

I saw a mistake in one of the commits from Mar 29 regarding Nvidia injection.

Check again with the committed fix.

Thanks @Pene but that's not work same problem, the monitor= no signal

my hardware is Dell Optiplex 790 / CPU i5 2500k /GeForce GT 710 2gig low profile

• Sad 1

@Jief_Machak

Any chance you see something else with your snprintf / printf commits or anything else that could affect functionality of Nvidia_inject from last days? We have already two reports it is broken.

I noticed one mistake and corrected it in my latest commit, but maybe you see something else that I missed :)

Edited by Pene

I would be surprised that I haven't introduce a bug. I tried to be thorough. I did some unit tests (that I didn't commit) to make sure how AsciiPrint works, testing format specifier etc. But hey, there always something slipping. So I'm sorry for this uneasy transition time.

I'm afraid I will need someone who can reproduce the bug to take time to checkout commit by commit, so we know the last working commit. 

• Like 1

I had a look at the commit "Correct mistake with nvidia inject name". So that's something that went sideways : the format specifier were corrected to %d because no cast for an integral parameter.

A good guess is that there is the same mistake somewhere else. In few hours, I'll checkout at the commit just before "Get rid of AsciiPrint." and check all the %c I might have wrongly replaced.

@Pene

Ok after one of my friend testing the bad commit and confirming to me the issue on GT 710 on DVI

He will compill latest commit successfully and I do the same (I have compile entire source successfully) and NOW this is work on  GeForce 710 HDMI B)

Thank you very much!

Edited by chris1111
I have compile entire source successfully

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

@Pene

Ok after one of my friend testing the bad commit and confirming to me the issue on GT 710 on DVI

He will compill latest commit successfully and I do the same (I have compile entire source successfully) and NOW this is work on  GeForce 710 HDMI B)

Thank you very much!

Thanks for your post but I'm confused now. Didn't you say earlier that my commit Witt the fix didn't fix it?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I would be surprised that I haven't introduce a bug. I tried to be thorough. I did some unit tests (that I didn't commit) to make sure how AsciiPrint works, testing format specifier etc. But hey, there always something slipping. So I'm sorry for this uneasy transition time.

I'm afraid I will need someone who can reproduce the bug to take time to checkout commit by commit, so we know the last working commit. 

Don't worry about it, you are doing great work, it's all for the best.

21 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I did the search and the only %c I found was the one already corrected by asava ( @Pene is that your github name?).

So I'm curious, is it working now ?

Yes Jief, it is my GitHub name :) 

I am curious also, as I didn't find anything else wrong either.

5 hours ago, Pene said:

Thanks for your post but I'm confused now. Didn't you say earlier that my commit Witt the fix didn't fix it?

Yes before your fix I try to change some file to rolling back for testing and one of my friend with a GeForce 710 telling me your fix work

So I recompile the Clover source from scratch and its work on HDMI and work on DVI for my friend so everything is correct

thank you

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

@Slice i have faced this error issue recently with 10.15.4 (fresh install) with Clover. Is this related to "Memory RANK"??

I have faced this issue with MSI MBP Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon and Dell Vostro 5468 in 10.15.4, this error is shown after second boot stage for installing,, it crash after apple loading bar in second stage.

It's fresh erase disk..

image.thumb.png.37527e96fc76458fe91f551946de8c09.png 

7 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

What are the impacts if I want to change a fixed length string in SETTINGS_DATA by a XString (VendorName for example) ?

The problem is just the serialization of SETTINGS_DATA ?

We want to send the SETTINGS_DATA to device-tree and further to use by clover-genconfig or by Clover.app.

It will be impossible for classes.