Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I see. So this is what I was missing. But weird thing is that I don't remember having to do that before... Maybe because I usually used option 6 (build all)?

Anyway, it does work fine now, with Option 1 first, then Option 3. Thank you!

So which one is that? GCC or Xcode? Or do i need to do that for both? How do I use one or the other?

The procedure is the same for Xcode and gcc for a first installation. Then, option 1 is only used for rebuild when there are problems, if I'm not mistaken. I believe that the developer of Clover use GCC, personally I prefer xcode. It's up to you.

Theoretically, option 6 should do it all, rebuild, pkg, iso, app after first build option 1. I don't know  if my reasoning is correct.

8 minutes ago, Pene said:

Hi arsradu,

Looking at your previously published log, it seems to me that the failure is somewhere earlier, as you have several files that should have been produced in first stage that are missing.

Please post your complete log, as I cannot reproduce the error on my system.

Hi Pene!

You're right. They should have. :) And they weren't, cause I went directly with Option 3 (make pkg) without using Option 1 first. My mistake. Usually, I was using Option 6 (build all) to build. That's why I didn't see this issue before.

No need for a log. It's all good now. I understood where the error came from. My bad. :) 

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

The procedure is the same for Xcode and gcc for a first installation. Then, option 1 is only used for rebuild when there are problems, if I'm not mistaken. I believe that the developer of Clover use GCC, personally I prefer xcode. It's up to you.

Theoretically, option 6 should do it all, rebuild, pkg, iso, app after first build option 1. I don't know  if my reasoning is correct.

For as far as I can see, if you're using Option 6, you don't need Option 1 anymore. Option 6 includes everything.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

For as far as I can see, if you're using Option 6, you don't need Option 1 anymore. Option 6 includes everything.

For testing, I only use Option 1, only after cloning clover directory to src. I never use Option 6: for daily build, I use make pkg and make app, that's all.

Right, Option 6 includes everything. :wacko: Strange.

What is strange? It is strange to do it step by step if you want all the step.

if I'm working on the package, I build only the package.

if I'm working on Clover, I build only Clover.

if I'm working on the app, I build the app

If I want everythings just select 6 :wink_anim:

P.S. also cloning into the ~src is no longer a requirement, unless you have more then one Clover source here and there (and so share the same opt directory)

6 hours ago, arsradu said:

Which one is the default one?

The default is GCC53 because is better. If some times the same code build with xcode and  not with gcc is because Xcode (clang) is less aggressive finding potential errors. Or at least the settings defined for the GCC toolchain are actually better. ..and the LTO with GCC appear to do a great job, imho.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

P.S. also cloning into the ~src is no longer a requirement, unless you have more then one Clover source here and there

The default is GCC53 because is better. If some times the same code build with xcode and  not with gcc is because Xcode (clang) is less aggressive finding potential errors. Or at least the settings defined for the GCC toolchain are actually better. ..and the LTO with GCC appear to do a great job, imho.

i'm not type sudo when using buildme.

i added this

#!/bin/bash

version=1.1
cloverLink='https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git'

ask() {
read -p "$1 [Y/n] " -n 1 -r
if [[ ! $REPLY =~ ^[Yy]$ ]]; then
  echo && echo "sorry can't help!"
  exit 0
fi
}

echo && echo clovergit v$version

if [[ ! -d "$HOME"/src/CloverBootloader ]]; then
  ask 'Do you want to checkout CloverBootloader?'
  mkdir -p "$HOME"/src
  cd "$HOME"/src
  #git clone --depth 1 $cloverLink
  git clone $cloverLink
fi

sudo "$HOME"/src/CloverBootloader/./buildme XCODE8

there is no problem. :)

clovergit_v1.1.zip

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

P.S. also cloning into the ~src is no longer a requirement, unless you have more then one Clover source here and there

Thanks for your great work @vector sigma I don't speak english fluently. I just answers to @arsradu questions on scratch cloverbootloader folder: so read his questions before.

Just now, Sherlocks said:

sudo "$HOME"/src/CloverBootloader/./buildme XCODE8

Using sudo the worst thing you can do. Please don't do that. Why you do that?

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

so read his questions before.

I did it, but I answered to you not to arsradu

3 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Using sudo the worst thing you can do. Please don't do that. Why you do that?

really? if there is no sudo, rm permission not work when build pkg. i don't know it exactly.

7 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

git clone --depth 1 $cloverLink

Regarding this (cloning with --depth 1) I remember there were some issues, because it would not download everything. So...personally I don't use it anymore.

Keep cool, bro :) I don't speak English fluently (I repeat), so I sometimes use words that are not the right ones. Yes I know the different stages, rest assured.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sherlocks said:

really? if there is no sudo, rm permission not work when build pkg. i don't know it exactly.

So you did something wrong because, unless your source is inside a volume that your account cannot access, no thing inside the source is setting root permissions other than yours.

2 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Regarding this (cloning with --depth 1) I remember there were some issues, because it would not download everything. So...personally I don't use it anymore.

Because having only last commit you don't have tags (used to retrieve the Clover revision). you can use --depth, but you should ensure to include the last tag

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

P.S. also cloning into the ~src is no longer a requirement, unless you have more then one Clover source here and there (and so share the same opt directory)

Oh, cool. I didn't know that. I only have one source right now. So yeah, might not be necessary to keep it under /src anymore. I didn't know that. Good to know. :)

• Like 2

Because having only last commit you don't have tags (used to retrieve the Clover revision). you can use --depth, but you should ensure to include the last tag

Oh I see! :D I've learned something new today. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Because Covid-19 restrictions in France where I live :yes: 

Ah, don't tell to me, here in Italy we started long before:mad:. I made my first Netflix account as I never had time before. So now I'm coding and coding and for the remaining time I watch Star trek (old series since 1991) :D

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Ah, don't tell to me, here in Italy we started long before:mad:. I made my first Netflix account as I never had time before. So now I'm coding and coding and for the remaining time I watch Star trek (old series since 1991) :D

Courage :) I watch Star Wars from the first to the last part. When I’m not writing articles from a distance.

• Haha 1

@Slice

hope release latest r5106 once again for 10.15.4 beta6 or newer

On 3/22/2020 at 11:48 PM, arsradu said:

Waw... is that SL? In 2020?! Holly shorts! How do you even run that?

CLOVER UEFI, FakeSMC(Rehabman), Patched AppleHDA, BT, SDCARD. etc, everything is work!

i felt boot speed is very fast best of macOS series.

• Like 2

Hi @Slice

I can't build latest r5106 commit 73b9eab

Spoiler

[CPP] main
"clang" -target x86_64-pc-win32-macho -c -Os -Wall -Werror -Wextra -include AutoGen.h -funsigned-char -fno-ms-extensions -fno-stack-protector -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mno-implicit-float -mms-bitfields -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-sign-compare "-DNO_MSABI_VA_FUNCS" -mno-red-zone -fsigned-char -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -ffreestanding -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wno-deprecated -Wno-writable-strings -Wno-unused-const-variable -DJCONST=CONST -Wno-incompatible-ms-struct -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-msvc-include -Os -DMDEPKG_NDEBUG -DCLOVER_BUILD      -DAMD_SUPPORT  -DANDX86     -o /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/menu.obj -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/cpp_unit_test -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/cpp_foundation -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/cpp_util -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Posix -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/gui -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/gui/menu_items -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/DEBUG -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Library/OpensslLib/Include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Library/OpensslLib/openssl-1.0.1e/include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdePkg -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Include/X64 -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/NetworkPkg -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/NetworkPkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/IntelFrameworkPkg -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/IntelFrameworkPkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/IntelFrameworkModulePkg -I/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/IntelFrameworkModulePkg/Include /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:2563:66: error: member reference base type 'const wchar_t *' is not a structure or union
      TimeoutMessage = PoolPrint(L"%s in %d seconds", TimeoutText.data(), TimeoutCountdown);
                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/menu.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Edited by Matgen84