Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Sure, please open a pull request with your solution!

Sorry, I don't understand what you says because of my bad english. You means in Request Topic!

Edited by Matgen84

On 3/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, Matgen84 said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you says because of my bad english. You means in Request Topic

Oh sorry, I thought you had some changes ready to be merged as yesterday I read your post with the phone.. your was a question without a question mark Lol.

I'll add this to the TODO list

• Like 2

Hi @Slice

I can't build latest commit r5107 01e8807, nor 381487d

Spoiler

[CPP] main
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3580:16: error: variable 'i' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
  for (INTN i; i < ScrollbarBackground.Height; i += ThemeX.ScrollbarBackgroundImage.GetHeight()) {
               ^
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3580:14: note: initialize the variable 'i' to silence this warning
  for (INTN i; i < ScrollbarBackground.Height; i += ThemeX.ScrollbarBackgroundImage.GetHeight()) {
             ^
              = 0
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3783:74: error: invalid operands to binary expression ('wchar_t *' and 'const wchar_t [2]')
            ResultString += ((REFIT_INPUT_DIALOG*)(Entry))->Item->SValue + L" ";"
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3783:81: error: missing terminating '"' character [-Werror,-Winvalid-pp-token]
                                                                                ^
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3783:81: error: expected expression
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3834:7: error: no matching function for call to 'StrCpyS'
      StrCpyS(ResultString, TITLE_MAX_LEN, EntryL->Title);
      ^~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Include/Library/BaseLib.h:213:1: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'XStringW' to 'wchar_t *' for 1st argument
StrCpyS (
^
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3861:126: error: invalid operands to binary expression ('wchar_t *' and 'const wchar_t [2]')
          ResultString += (((REFIT_INPUT_DIALOG*)(EntryL))->Item->SValue + ((REFIT_INPUT_DIALOG*)(EntryL))->Item->LineShift) + L" ";
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3925:63: error: invalid operands to binary expression ('wchar_t *' and 'const wchar_t [2]')
                           inputDialogEntry->Item->LineShift) + L" ";
                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~
7 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/menu.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Edited by Matgen84

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

I can't build latest commit r5107 01e8807, nor 381487d

Reveal hidden contents

[CPP] main
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3580:16: error: variable 'i' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
               ^
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3580:14: note: initialize the variable 'i' to silence this warning
             ^
              = 0
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3783:74: error: invalid operands to binary expression ('wchar_t *' and 'const wchar_t [2]')
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3783:81: error: missing terminating '"' character [-Werror,-Winvalid-pp-token]
                                                                                ^
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3783:81: error: expected expression
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3834:7: error: no matching function for call to 'StrCpyS'
      StrCpyS(ResultString, TITLE_MAX_LEN, EntryL->Title);
      ^~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Include/Library/BaseLib.h:213:1: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'XStringW' to 'wchar_t *' for 1st argument
StrCpyS (
^
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3861:126: error: invalid operands to binary expression ('wchar_t *' and 'const wchar_t [2]')
          ResultString += (((REFIT_INPUT_DIALOG*)(EntryL))->Item->SValue + ((REFIT_INPUT_DIALOG*)(EntryL))->Item->LineShift) + L" ";
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~
/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.cpp:3925:63: error: invalid operands to binary expression ('wchar_t *' and 'const wchar_t [2]')
                           inputDialogEntry->Item->LineShift) + L" ";
                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~~~
7 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/refit/menu.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Same here, latest commit, XCODE 11.4, Catalina 10.15.4, same error messages

• Sad 1

Hi,

I just enabled mouse pointer (first time I did that actually) on my UEFI/APTIOV Z390, and in Clover mouse only moves to the left and very slowly (In BIOS mouse works properly).

I assume it is an issue with the UEFI Driver, but I wonder - is there any known solution to this?

Edited by Pene

6 minutes ago, Pene said:

Hi,

I just enabled mouse pointer (first time I did that actually) on my UEFI/APTIOV Z390, and in Clover mouse only moves to the left and very slowly (In BIOS mouse works properly).

I assume it is an issue with the UEFI Driver, but I wonder - is there any known solution to this?

Try AptioInputFix.efi 

9 minutes ago, Slice said:

Try AptioInputFix.efi 

Thanks, but tried that already with no change. Any other ideas? :)

EDIT: Actually, it can move only up and left. Moving the mouse down and right does nothing. 

Edited by Pene

15 minutes ago, Pene said:

Thanks, but tried that already with no change. Any other ideas? :)

EDIT: Actually, it can move only up and left. Moving the mouse down and right does nothing. 

I've no  mouse issue on my Z390 Aorus Master with r5107  84306ec. Don't test the latest commits 

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

I've no  mouse issue on my Z390 Aorus Master with r5107  84306ec. Don't test the latest commits 

Mmmm.

No, no relation to latest commits. Tested with a (very old) clover to check and it is the same.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Pene said:

Mmmm.

No, no relation to latest commits. Tested with a (very old) clover to check and it is the same.

There is no relation to any Clover commit. It is wrong SimplePointerProtocol in your UEFI BIOS. Clover has nothing to do with it rather than implement somehow workarounds for your mouse.

Test with other mouse for example.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Slice said:

There is no relation to any Clover commit. It is wrong SimplePointerProtocol in your UEFI BIOS. Clover has nothing to do with it rather then implement somehow workarounds for you mouse.

Yes obviously it has nothing to do with Clover.

But I thought maybe this is common, and there is a known workaround.

I tried different mice. Result is the same with all.

Hello,

My issue is different but I think it's related to the latest commits since it used to work before r5107 : mouse works in Clover's GUI put nothing is clickable. I must use my keyboard to select which entry I want to boot on.

NB : Mouse clicking didn't work on all my rigs though. Only my Acer Aspire 772G and a bunch of Dell Latitude were able to use that function.

2 hours ago, Pene said:

Yes obviously it has nothing to do with Clover.

But I thought maybe this is common, and there is a known workaround.

I tried different mice. Result is the same with all.

Bios/CMOS reset? Might be stupid, but...I think it's worth a try, since the same issue occurs with older Clover versions and Clover is not actually in charge of that functionality... Looks like some weird bios issue.

But of course, I could be wrong. So...it's only an idea. :) 

3 hours ago, polyzargone said:

I built Clover from sources and the issue has been fixed.

0WGxH5w.png

Maybe the release version available at Releases · CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader · GitHub should be updated?

Anyway, thanks @chris1111  for pointing me to the right direction :).

Yes, this release contains a mistake.

I will create 5108 corrected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, arsradu said:

Bios/CMOS reset? Might be stupid, but...I think it's worth a try, since the same issue occurs with older Clover versions and Clover is not actually in charge of that functionality... Looks like some weird bios issue.

Thanks, but it wasn't that.

14 hours ago, Slice said:

There is no relation to any Clover commit. It is wrong SimplePointerProtocol in your UEFI BIOS. Clover has nothing to do with it rather than implement somehow workarounds for your mouse.

When debugging the mouse problem, I figured out that the problem is that in my case ResolutionX/ResolutionY were high values, and according to the arithmetic order that was before, it would always result in 0 for positive numbers.

So I committed a change to Clover to correct this. Now I can set a higher Pointer Speed in config.plist and mouse is working perfectly.

P.S. AptioInputFix is irrelevant for my case also, as my motherboard doesn't have &gAmiEfiPointerProtocolGuid, so nothing is applied by AptioInputFix.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 2

I've made a little script file to make compiling easier 

It's called CloverBuilderV0.1

Please run from its Folder, CloverBuilderV0.1

What does it do?

Creates link to itself then you only need type "clover" to run buildme

Best to check /usr/local/bin/clover is not there before hand.

Clones the repo into its CloverBuilderV0.1 Folder

runs "buildme"

Certaintly easier, well it is for me.

CloverBuilderV0.1.zip