Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

What is the problem for you to raise a question about FACS? The question was closed several years ago. Duplicates exist due to Rsdt-Xsdt and correctly treats by Clover. 

1 hour ago, Slice said:

What is the problem for you to raise a question about FACS? The question was closed several years ago. Duplicates exist due to Rsdt-Xsdt and correctly treats by Clover. 

There is 2 versions of FACS in my case revision 1 and revision 2.

One Rsdt and one Xsdt.

After Clover patch it show 2 FACS with same revision.

So, is it a normal situation to get FACS and FACS-1 ? (MacIASL)

Fred

Edited by FredWst

Hi, for some reason, after I updated my Clover (to 46xx and then to 4617) it's taking about 15 seconds to get from the initial clover splash screen to the clover menu. Is this normal for the clovers of the last month or is my install wacky? Previously it was 1 second.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, surfinchina said:

Hi, for some reason, after I updated my Clover (to 46xx and then to 4617) it's taking about 15 seconds to get from the initial clover splash screen to the clover menu. Is this normal for the clovers of the last month or is my install wacky? Previously it was 1 second.

Thanks.

If we look into debug.log then we may see time for each operation.

Hehe! Niice! :D

926770325_Screenshot2018-08-01at22_57_59.png.84258f1ce7f1924df9cf452938131129.png

1261907288_Screenshot2018-08-01at22_46_38.png.6526a0a4aa8eded5960e45b5f6e558f9.png

I wish that someone would find a fix for the Error 65 when building with CLT 10 and UDK2018 (with no extra customisations). I'm currently using 10L221o and...still the same error. With Xcode 10 Beta 2 I don't get this error, but I get a build.py error... So, not sure if THAT was a bug, or this one is. But one thing is for sure, it doesn't seem to work (at least for me) with the latest Xcode 10 and Command Line Tools. Aaand it does work with CLT 9.4.1.

Also, when building with CLT 9.4.1, the Clover Updater is white, even in Dark Mode... Not sure if that's intended. Probably yes... But I can't build with CLT 10 in Mojave (get error 65), so I can't test this theory.

Anyway, nice job! Congrats guys! Looks cool!

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

Thanks Slice and Clovy for the new change :D great change it was time that there is something new on this side, I had to ask a few years ago

I prefere only the New Logo Without icon with arrow that looks a bit like recovery HD Icon, so I mode my own Icon panel 

Thats what its like now

Light Mode

921099854_Capturedcranle2018-08-0122_56_55.png.f6669b272396e7a05dd83e731c039828.png

Dark Mode

517579621_Capturedcranle2018-08-0123_18_25.png.f9a4194458038c080e81d0264833c63d.png

EDIT ++

The only Graphics card showing DARK Panel  now is my GeForce 210  in Mojave Beta 5

This is Broken for my GT 710 in Mojave Beta 5

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, arsradu said:

Hehe! Niice! :D

I wish that someone would find a fix for the Error 65 when building with CLT 10 and UDK2018 (with no extra customisations). I'm currently using 10L221o and...still the same error. With Xcode 10 Beta 2 I don't get this error, but I get a build.py error... So, not sure if THAT was a bug, or this one is. But one thing is for sure, it doesn't seem to work (at least for me) with the latest Xcode 10 and Command Line Tools. Aaand it does work with CLT 9.4.1.

Also, when building with CLT 9.4.1, the Clover Updater is white, even in Dark Mode... Not sure if that's intended. Probably yes... But I can't build with CLT 10 in Mojave (get error 65), so I can't test this theory.

Anyway, nice job! Congrats guys! Looks cool!

Like  @arsradu I've error 65 on Clover Prefpane/ Clover Updater when make package with CLT10 Xcode Beta 5 and UDK 2018. Only Xcode 10 Beta 2 don't get errors. 

Any solutions? Please.

Anyway great job for this change :)

• Like 1

Yeah, with Beta 2, I get this:

Active Platform          = /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data ... done!
Building ... /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [X64]
make: *** No rule to make target `/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/object_files.lst', needed by `/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/BasePcdLibNull.lib'.  Stop.

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

It does build successfully in the end. But I doubt that this error is ok. Then again, this is with Beta 2... Anything newer than that can't build (error 65), but also no build.py error.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slice said:
This error can be corrected with
./ebuild.sh -fr

You’re right. It is. But with ./ebuild.sh -fr I don’t get the external drivers anymore. That’s why I switched to ./ebuild.sh —ext-pre. Is there any way to combine the two? Or how to add them to the build?

Edit:

Nevermind. Apparently ./ebuild.sh --ext-pre -fr works. :)) Not sure if that's how you do it...But...well, works.

@Slice 

I noticed something. The official builds have "-64" added to all the drivers (including external ones). But when I build it, the external drivers don't have that suffix. I was wondering how to add it...

Because, otherwise, when I install a Beta version after an official one, I'll get two ApfsDriverLoaders in drivers64UEFI. One is just ApfsDriverLoader. The other one is added by the official build and it's ApfsDriverLoader-64.

I was wondering how to fix that.

1513275971_ScreenShot2018-08-02at6_08_51PM.png.c94e9891de57cc238a9f8abc672a19c8.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

You’re right. It is. But with ./ebuild.sh -fr I don’t get the external drivers anymore. That’s why I switched to ./ebuild.sh —ext-pre. Is there any way to combine the two? Or how to add them to the build?

Edit:

Nevermind. Apparently ./ebuild.sh --ext-pre -fr works. :)) Not sure if that's how you do it...But...well, works.

@Slice 

I noticed something. The official builds have "-64" added to all the drivers (including external ones). But when I build it, the external drivers don't have that suffix. I was wondering how to add it...

Because, otherwise, when I install a Beta version after an official one, I'll get two ApfsDriverLoaders in drivers64UEFI. One is just ApfsDriverLoader. The other one is added by the official build and it's ApfsDriverLoader-64.

I was wondering how to fix that.

1513275971_ScreenShot2018-08-02at6_08_51PM.png.c94e9891de57cc238a9f8abc672a19c8.png

you can try --ext-co  (checkout & build external drivers at  ..src/EXT_PACKAGES) Instead of --ext-pre

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Any corrections in the package in other languages?

Slice, I'd love to confirm for other languages, but I was never able to see Clover's prefPane in other language than English. I don't know why... Right now, system language is set to RO, but Clover's prePane language is still EN. Not sure if that's intended. And for EN, yes, the bug reported before where на was not translated to EN, is now fixed (build 4631). But still...not sure how to check other languages when the prefPane language is always EN for me.

I checked the installer though. And that one seems to be correctly translated to RO. But...prefPane was always in EN for me, despite the fact that there is a translation for it (in RO), inside the build.

1528535799_Capturdeecrandin2018-08-03la09_06_18.png.1d20c66d8240ea4f21b98658b5986a0c.png

1285577746_Capturdeecrandin2018-08-03la09_06_32.png.d4d4d9569a45fd64586e9cff7d9a58a1.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

Slice, I'd love to confirm for other languages, but I was never able to see Clover's prefPane in other language than English. I don't know why... Right now, system language is set to RO, but Clover's prePane language is still EN. Not sure if that's intended. And for EN, yes, the bug reported before where на was not translated to EN, is now fixed (build 4631). But still...not sure how to check other languages when the prefPane language is always EN for me.

I checked the installer though. And that one seems to be correctly translated to RO. But...prefPane was always in EN for me, despite the fact that there is a translation for it (in RO), inside the build.

As I see prefPane contains only en.lproj. I don't know how to do it with other languages.

But Clover package already contains ro.po file.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

1356450388_2018-08-037_08_46.png.3a21656d9cd7c3030e92417a7a81bb44.png

korean lang is no problem in prefPane

Lol. What the....? :)))) Then I'm confused. Also, I can't really test the issue described before, since my PrefPane is only in EN...and for EN, it's been already fixed.

Can you confirm the drop-down for "Force mount selected ESP at startup" doesn't contain any translation errors?

2 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@arsradu please try r4634 and let me know

On it, sir. :)

33 minutes ago, Slice said:

As I see prefPane contains only en.lproj. I don't know how to do it with other languages.

But Clover package already contains ro.po file.

Yep, it does. :) And the ro.po file itself already has the necessary translations for PrefPane, for as far as I could see. I mean, I should probably be more confident about this, cause I added them there. :))) But yeah...not sure why it doesn't use them... Maybe there's something missing somewhere. But I don't think it will just not display any of those translations and only in PrefPane... That seems weird.

Also, even weirder is the fact that it seems to work for KO. :)) I mean...what the hell? :))

• Like 1

Actually no. :) Works fine now with clean sources in HS using Xcode 9 with CLT set to CLT 10.

I’m testing Mojave as we speak (same CLT, only Xcode 10 Beta 5).

Since it didn’t work before with the HS setup above, and it does now, I’m expecting it to work with Mojave as well.

I’ll update you as soon as possible. I’m doing it with clean sources on both. So that will take a little bit more than just the building itself.

But so far, yeah, seems to be working.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2