Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, apianti said:

You should always inject FakeSMC, you should never ever ever use NullPowerManagement, and any network drivers are pretty much the ones that can absolutely be installed instead of injected since they don't need to be present to boot.

inject = must be present before OSX starts booting? seems to me only FakeSMC needs to be used then if this is the case and all device drivers can go to /Library/Extensions?

In my case, I've patched the DSDT in my last hackintosh (x58 build) instead of using a several kexts.

3 hours ago, apianti said:

What else would you do, you only need to put the kexts (which are folders containing binaries, configurations, and other resources) in the folder. Just replacing them is drag and drop, is it not?

Actually, I manually update my Source HDD, Clone HDD, Test HDD and USB Installer each time. So, if a app exist to install in EFI/Clover/Kexts, it would be more practical :)

9 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

inject = must be present before OSX starts booting? seems to me only FakeSMC needs to be used then if this is the case and all device drivers can go to /Library/Extensions?

In my case, I've patched the DSDT in my last hackintosh (x58 build) instead of using a several kexts.

There's many things you can do depending. Your most useful situation is injecting everything you need to boot and not much more, that includes patched ACPI tables and kexts. Install kexts that you don't need to access the installer (or as Slice pointed out, the recovery).

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Actually, I manually update my Source HDD, Clone HDD, Test HDD and USB Installer each time. So, if a app exist to install in EFI/Clover/Kexts, it would be more practical :)

Why don't you just write a simple shell script to automate the process? That would be the most practical.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

It will be better to keep FakeSMC and LAN kexts in Other folder because they needed for Recovery too.

Yes, if you need internet recovery, otherwise there is no need, but FakeSMC you should absolutely be injecting all the time, at the minimum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apianti said:

Why don't you just write a simple shell script to automate the process? That would be the most practical.

Thanks. Because I don't know how to do it. But I will look how to get there.

12 hours ago, apianti said:

You are not correct. Clover injects kexts through the data hub before launching boot.efi, then some other corrections happen to the device tree at exit boot services. You can't inject a kext that is already present in the kernelcache, the kernel will ignore duplicate identifiers. A lot of kexts are placed in the cache regardless of whether they are used/attached to a device because of dependencies and the category of driver, i.e. core, safe, network, etc. I can't remember the actual grouping, but it's not nearly that precise so most kexts in the OS can't be injected because they are already in the cache. You can absolutely access the ESP to inject kexts when they are actually loaded, however other resources that will eventually be loaded (like the audio driver port layouts) will not be accessible from the ESP after exit boot services. These resources will then be loaded from where the identifier of the kext exists (in /S/L/E or /L/E) because that's where the kernel expects the resources to be.

Sure that I'm not totally correct, but my point was not boot.efi (in fact my was a question about that, there is a question mark in my last post since I didnt read the entire source Lol). I was referring to functions like OSKextRequestResource(). You can't access the returned path of a kext and it is not a UNIX path  ( in the event kext is injected by Clover and so already loaded).

TestKext.kext (1.0.0) net.vectorsigma.kext.TestKext EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\TestKext.kext\Contents\Resources

How access EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\TestKext.kext\Contents\Resources/firmware.bin

or

\System\Library\Extensions\TestKext.kext\Contents\Resources/firmware.bin

if forced loaded by Clover?

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Slice said:

It will be better to keep FakeSMC and LAN kexts in Other folder because they needed for Recovery too.

So you mean to say 10.x folder dont get loaded in recovery?

Also, in Fusion Drive, would it be possible to have the drive's volume name recognized by clover menu automatically, just like the non-fusion drive? Currently, im renaming it in config's custom key.

Edited by ellaosx

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a while Sierra on a PC and turn it into a hackintosh so unfortunately after a while and several attempts I decided to postpone this operation or until a CPU had arrived a some more powerful and that seems to be more compatible with a hackintosh.

the CPu came to me and was mounted correctly but the error that gave me before the replacement of the CPU is given to me even after the upgrade of the same.

I do not know how to enable the debugging of clover otherwise I would send that file ... you meanwhile from the image posted you could tell me what possibly depends on this error and how to solve it?

Thanks for allreloc_block.thumb.jpg.87f9c10420a6449bb3ec90c361dda40f.jpg.

17 minutes ago, daltanious78 said:

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a while Sierra on a PC and turn it into a hackintosh so unfortunately after a while and several attempts I decided to postpone this operation or until a CPU had arrived a some more powerful and that seems to be more compatible with a hackintosh.

the CPu came to me and was mounted correctly but the error that gave me before the replacement of the CPU is given to me even after the upgrade of the same.

I do not know how to enable the debugging of clover otherwise I would send that file ... you meanwhile from the image posted you could tell me what possibly depends on this error and how to solve it?

Try to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi by  OsxAptioFixDrv.efi in CLOVER/EFI/Drivers64UEFI

If you have select both in Clover package installer, remove  OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip

Edited by chris1111

15 hours ago, apianti said:

This is a pretty easy answer, they are all third party kexts and  keep injecting them. Third party means made by an organization not directly affiliated with the first party, in this case Apple, second party is like Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD that create components and drivers. If you install them in /L/E or /S/L/E then whenever anything happens like an upgrade or such you probably won't get working boot since it will use a different cache not built from your system (the one that is already prebuilt for the upgrade/installer). Though, you could not inject AppleALC and IntelMausiEthernet, and install those since they are not needed for booting. 

Thanks, @apianti for this good informative explanation. I know now where should I keep my kexts.

3 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Also, in Fusion Drive, would it be possible to have the drive's volume name recognized by clover menu automatically, just like the non-fusion drive? Currently, im renaming it in config's custom key.

I'm using FileVault2, so it's based on Core storage like fusion drive.

It's set like this here:

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>HD(2,GPT,159588F2-432D-4C37-A81C-5B788C3AA48A,0x64028,0xDF30B60)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,2C597282D9D1154385E5FBD28A73FDF0)</string>

9 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. Because I don't know how to do it. But I will look how to get there.

Yeah. There is like a million resources for learning shell script on the internet,  just write a bash shell script, it's just like using the terminal but in a text file with a special starting line and the executable attribute

8 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Sure that I'm not totally correct, but my point was not boot.efi (in fact my was a question about that, there is a question mark in my last post since I didnt read the entire source Lol). I was referring to functions like OSKextRequestResource(). You can't access the returned path of a kext and it is not a UNIX path  ( in the event kext is injected by Clover and so already loaded).

TestKext.kext (1.0.0) net.vectorsigma.kext.TestKext EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\TestKext.kext\Contents\Resources

How access EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\TestKext.kext\Contents\Resources/firmware.bin

or

\System\Library\Extensions\TestKext.kext\Contents\Resources/firmware.bin

if forced loaded by Clover?

You should look at the code more then, lol. I answered this already, but he's a more precise answer. If you have file system Injection (FSInject.efi, which you should) then yes this resource will be resolved if it's loaded at kext initialization as this happens when the kext is loaded as a booter extension when injected. If the kext loads files later, like the audio port layouts, then no the file cannot be loaded from anything but the root filesystem. However, I think I just thought of a solution, a kext that is injected that mounts the ESP and allows other kext resources' paths to be resolved.

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

No, they do. He was talking about using internet recovery - you need network kexts to boot in that situation, but not otherwise. Software RAID core storage volumes are not created yet, so no, the Preboot or Boot partitions are used depending on which filesystem is being used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, daltanious78 said:

You need power management or ACPI tables patched. Also use AptioMemoryFix.efi, OsxAptioFix 1 and 2 are obsolete.

5 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Try to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi by  OsxAptioFixDrv.efi in CLOVER/EFI/Drivers64UEFI

If you have select both in Clover package installer, remove  OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip

Just use AptioMemoryFix from the clover installer. Also that's the original one that works even less.

4 hours ago, smolderas said:

I'm using FileVault2, so it's based on Core storage like fusion drive.

It's set like this here:

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>HD(2,GPT,159588F2-432D-4C37-A81C-5B788C3AA48A,0x64028,0xDF30B60)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,2C597282D9D1154385E5FBD28A73FDF0)</string>

That does not give you the name of the core storage volume as that is not even created yet from the separate partitions, that looks most likely the preboot from an APFS container.

• Like 1

@everyone,

I'm sorry, I'm still working on v3. I'm just really sidetracked with my health, the treatment I was getting didn't have long term response so I may have to go into a clinical trial that lasts about a month, though unsure when that will be, if ever. I'm having really bad tremors so its getting hard to type and staring into a screen reading is not doing anything helpful either. Hopefully, I can get v3 to a point where it at least is stable enough to start getting others testing. Again, I'm sorry. I also haven't forgotten anyone who has donated, I have a donor list to remember... lol

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ellaosx said:

I didn't mean that. I always use Others to not bother about system version.

About Fusion drive I know nothing. Just to say it appears only AFTER macOS loaded, not at Clover time.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Since clover 4452 i have been seeing this entry, any reason why?

Because you need those entries to boot installers for PC but for some reason they were removed. They should be hidden by default, are they not? If so, I apparently messed up the code.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:05 AM, apianti said:

@everyone,

I'm sorry, I'm still working on v3. I'm just really sidetracked with my health, the treatment I was getting didn't have long term response so I may have to go into a clinical trial that lasts about a month, though unsure when that will be, if ever. I'm having really bad tremors so its getting hard to type and staring into a screen reading is not doing anything helpful either. Hopefully, I can get v3 to a point where it at least is stable enough to start getting others testing. Again, I'm sorry. I also haven't forgotten anyone who has donated, I have a donor list to remember... lol

Hi apianti,

I hope you get better with the new trial. You have nothing to be sorry about, we all understand the situation that you are in. You already gave so much to us and the hackintosh community and I'm personally thankful. I've learned a lot from you.

I hope that the new trial works out and you come back to us in good health.

Cheers!

(Sorry guys fo the off-topic comment I just needed to say this)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, apianti said:

Because you need those entries to boot installers for PC but for some reason they were removed. They should be hidden by default, are they not? If so, I apparently messed up the code.

Same here after 4453

screenshot0.png.45aedfbeb89bbe95b55cb0e466e97768.png

Post Edit***

Edited by chris1111

4 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi apianti,

I hope you get better with the new trial. You have nothing to be sorry about, we all understand the situation that you are in. You already gave so much to us and the hackintosh community and I'm personally thankful. I've learned a lot from you.

I hope that the new trial works out and you come back to us in good health.

Cheers!

(Sorry guys fo the off-topic comment I just needed to say this)

I wanted to have something working way before now though. I'm just hard on myself, hold myself to high standards and I just haven't been meeting them like I want. Also, I just found out that I'm not a candidate for the trial currently so I am unsure what is going to happen, my life is slowly spiraling out of control....  Thanks for your support though, and I'm going to try to continue to give until I'm physically or mentally unable to do so.

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Same here after 4453

Hmmm.... Ok, let me look at why it's not being hidden.

EDIT: Ok, I just realized that I didn't add the check to make sure they were hidden, lol. Revision 4456 4457 should now work correctly.

EDIT2: Stupidly copypasta'd and didn't fix, so 4456 does not build.... 4457 should be good.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

so I am using Clover Configurator to edit my config.plist

and one of the built-in selection is to change EHC1 to EH01. I selected this. and it is not disabled.

I rebooted the machine and loaded the system DSDT using maciASL and it's still EHC1. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I am looking at the config.plist using nano and I can see this:

<key>Find</key>

<data>RuhDMQ==</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>RUgwMQ==</data>

thanks

ps. Maybe this will only work if I am supplying my own DSDT.aml. there's nothing in ACPI/patched at the moment.

why would it change a table if it is a dynamic patch? it is not a physical patch like what you are expecting. if you want clover to apply physical  patches to your DSDT then there is an option to dump your ACPI files after clover has applied your patch selections. hit F1 at clover for more info.

6 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

so I am using Clover Configurator to edit my config.plist

and one of the built-in selection is to change EHC1 to EH01. I selected this. and it is not disabled.

I rebooted the machine and loaded the system DSDT using maciASL and it's still EHC1. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I am looking at the config.plist using nano and I can see this:

<key>Find</key>

<data>RuhDMQ==</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>RUgwMQ==</data>

thanks

ps. Maybe this will only work if I am supplying my own DSDT.aml. there's nothing in ACPI/patched at the moment.

Did you put the patch in the correct place? Also is there not an automatic fix for this in DSDT fixes?

3 hours ago, bronxteck said:

why would it change a table if it is a dynamic patch? it is not a physical patch like what you are expecting. if you want clover to apply physical  patches to your DSDT then there is an option to dump your ACPI files after clover has applied your patch selections. hit F1 at clover for more info.

He is talking about ACPI table patching, there is such a feature. But you can also patch them yourself, drop,  and inject them as well.

• Like 1