cl4448.thumb.jpg.830c1442ab99386bc4ba1aa2cecb9094.jpg

Clover4439

Reveal hidden contents

Clover4439.thumb.jpg.7357d52978f81b42f344ea826614fb62.jpg

Clover4448.

Reveal hidden contents

Clover4448.thumb.jpg.0ea32fedeeb2d31ddd7ec7dbf5dc94c2.jpg

Disks.zip

i know. now there is a problem between fusion drive and filevault 2 parition. because the files structure of fusion drive(10.11) and filevault2 are same.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2533705

already i asked some info to you. and i'm waiting your response. but there was no your response. i want to know info again.

1. your partition consist of fusion drive?

2. your partition is name "Recovery HD". Is this the name you specified?

3. can you check this folder and file in your partition
\\com.apple.boot.R\\System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel
\\com.apple.boot.P\\System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel
\\com.apple.boot.S\\System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel

i didn't have experience about FileVault 2

hope you support your detail info to clean source for maintenance.

thanks in advance

EDIT1.

your partition is not fusion drive.

EDIT2.

if it is not "2. your partition is name "Recovery HD". Is this the name you specified?"

here is test file

test.zip

Edited by Sherlocks

51 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

i know. now there is a problem between fusion drive and filevault 2 parition. because the files structure of fusion drive(10.11) and filevault2 are same.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2533705

already i asked some info to you. and i'm waiting your response. but there was no your response. i want to know info again.

1. your partition consist of fusion drive?

2. your partition is name "Recovery HD". Is this the name you specified?

3. can you check this folder and file in your partition
\\com.apple.boot.R\\System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel
\\com.apple.boot.P\\System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel
\\com.apple.boot.S\\System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel

i didn't have experience about FileVault 2

hope you support your detail info to clean source for maintenance.

thanks in advance

EDIT1.

your partition is not fusion drive.

EDIT2.

if it is not "2. your partition is name "Recovery HD". Is this the name you specified?"

here is test file

test.zip

Thank you! So I like it better.

newClover4448.jpg.67a81b8bb0baeea95c686e30f66ca99b.jpg

new.thumb.jpg.998a2f2b865d98f1f6f66b09bf93e82e.jpg

PS Now other objects are displayed correctly.

hib.jpg.5c172ad49a3b21db369ae32d1c9ea4bb.jpg

Edited by droples
  • Like 1

Sherlocks,

— Recovery HD is a standard name, not custom named.

— com.apple.boot.R at this partition is normally used for upgrades.

You'd better implement bless really just like Fritz suggested. Once it is ready, I perhaps may tweak AptioMemoryFix to allow proper boot.efi chaining (used for Recovery and Installer access).

• Like 7

4 hours ago, vit9696 said:

Sherlocks,

— Recovery HD is a standard name, not custom named.

— com.apple.boot.R at this partition is normally used for upgrades.

You'd better implement bless really just like Fritz suggested. Once it is ready, I perhaps may tweak AptioMemoryFix to allow proper boot.efi chaining (used for Recovery and Installer access).

Thank you for info. Right. What Fritz mentioned is better.

Can you test netinstall method?

I tested it, but happen kernel panic. Because of end line like "apple report", i can't catch exact reason. Thanks

1 hour ago, mrjayviper said:

Hi everyone. 

Where the best place to put 3rd party/party kexts?

From within clover alone there's

1.EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others

2.EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.xx

When should I use SLE?

Thanks so much!

It depends how many versions of OSX you want to use. If only one than 1st option. If you happy with your install and everything tested and works good you can transfer kexts to SLE. Some kexts needs to be installed to SLE only, like bluetooth kexts.

8 hours ago, eugene28 said:

It depends how many versions of OSX you want to use. If only one than 1st option. If you happy with your install and everything tested and works good you can transfer kexts to SLE. Some kexts needs to be installed to SLE only, like bluetooth kexts.

IMO (and experience)

/Library/Extensions (vs SLE ) tends to be the better option for 3rd party (for things not macOS installed) - that is if you need to put them in the OS (vs ESP with clover injection) - as some kexts seem to only work this way.

Otherwise if you have no version dependent kexts - which is common if are booting recent OS such as Sierra and High Sierra, then EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other keeps it simple.

• Like 1

Installing into LE or SLE requires keeping root:wheel permissions.

Clover's folder do not. It is more simple to install and modify kexts here. But in this case you can't use other bootloaders.

• Like 1

I still struggling with this question. What are these third-party kexts? @RehabMan always saying after installation moves all kexts to L/E. But some people saying keep your kexts in the Clover/Others.

For instance, I am using these kexts and which one are in the third-party kext?

AppleALC.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Should I keep these kexts inside of the Clover/Others or which kexts should I move to L/E?

1 minute ago, telepati said:

I still struggling with this question. What are these third-party kexts? @RehabMan always saying after installation moves all kexts to L/E. But some people saying keep your kexts in the Clover/Others.

AppleALC.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Should I keep these kexts inside of the Clover/Others or which kexts should I move to L/E?

Your kexts are no problem.

I recommend Bluetooth Kexts files(Rehabman BT or Dinesh BT) in L/E or S/L/E if you have problem about bt gone when wakeup from sleep.

• Thanks 1

2018-05-04 06:06:12.840511+0800 0x140      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily)  is not entitled for IOHIDLibUserClient keyboard access
2018-05-04 14:06:31.126427+0800 0x3cb      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleSystemPolicy) Setting mach port for daemon
2018-05-04 06:06:05.450599+0800 0x7e3      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (Sandbox) Sandbox: identityservices(281) System Policy: deny(1) system-privilege 12010

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Currently, I manually update kexts in EFI/Clover/Kext/others or 10.13.  Do you know a drag & drop app to do the job?

Thanks

I'm using Clover Configurator Pro.app from Mikey1979 that can easily find the boot partition and mount the right ESP (automatically or not). No kexts installation but is easy and fast.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

I'm using Clover Configurator Pro.app from Mikey1979 that can easily find the boot partition and mount the right ESP (automatically or not). No kexts installation but is easy and fast.

Thanks. I use ESP Mounter Pro from Micky1979, installed in menu bar (Insanelymac.com,  download section). But search apps to update EFI/Clover/Kexts similar to famous Kext Utility app.

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. I use ESP Mounter Pro from Micky1979, installed in menu bar (Insanelymac.com,  download section). But search apps to update EFI/Clover/Kexts similar to famous Kext Utility app.

Sorry for my ignorance..what is kext utility?  can I take a look?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, telepati said:

Looking at Clover's source you should (IMO) avoid kexts that needs resources on the file system (like AppleHDA) because if a kext is inside your ESP the kext's bundle is not reachable. More the "kext path" in Clover use Windows separator ("\" instead of "/" used in Unix) so that this is a limit even for injected kexts on a mounted filesystem. After that looks like there's a limit in making spaces in the memory map (I don't think you can do that as you wish).... so that /library/Extensions is really a good place. Just my opinion.

edit

about making space in the mem-map you should consider that this job is done by boot.efi, and Clover arrives after that (i.e. not after loading it, but after this job is done?). If not I'm wrong, otherwise correct me :)

Edited by vector sigma

57 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Sorry for my ignorance..what is kext utility?  can I take a look?

Kext Utility is for S\L\E and L\E installation. Here  I think KCPM Utility Pro 6 is better: Here

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, tluck said:

IMO (and experience)

/Library/Extensions (vs SLE ) tends to be the better option for 3rd party (for things not macOS installed) - that is if you need to put them in the OS (vs ESP with clover injection) - as some kexts seem to only work this way.

Otherwise if you have no version dependent kexts - which is common if are booting recent OS such as Sierra and High Sierra, then EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other keeps it simple.

if you were installing FakeSMC, NullPowerManagemet and other kexts like Intel gigabit drivers, would you be installing them in /Library/Extensions?

On 5/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, mrjayviper said:

Hi everyone. 

Where the best place to put 3rd party/party kexts?

From within clover alone there's

1.EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others

2.EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.xx

When should I use SLE?

Thanks so much!

It depends, kexts in Other will be injected for all versions, kexts in 10.xx folders will be injected only for that version. You should not use \S\L\E anymore unless there is an official driver installer like Nvidia web drivers. Use \L\E, but only when you do not need the kext to boot., i.e. bluetooth or network kexts.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:52 AM, eugene28 said:

Apple now recommends only installing user kexts in /L/E not /S/L/E ever since kext signing was enforced.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:28 AM, Slice said:

Installing into LE or SLE requires keeping root:wheel permissions.

Clover's folder do not. It is more simple to install and modify kexts here. But in this case you can't use other bootloaders.

Agreed, but you should try to inject as many as possible but as few as possible too. I know that sounds strange but the more kexts you inject the more problems with memory you are likely to have. On the other hand, you want to inject as many kexts as possible so you don't have to do any work to get upgrades, installers, etc, working without much effort after doing once. The equilibrium I find is just injecting only what I absolutely need to boot, and install everything else in the OS.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, telepati said:

AppleALC.kext

EFICheckDisabler.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Lilu.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

This is a pretty easy answer, they are all third party kexts and  keep injecting them. Third party means made by an organization not directly affiliated with the first party, in this case Apple, second party is like Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD that create components and drivers. If you install them in /L/E or /S/L/E then whenever anything happens like an upgrade or such you probably won't get working boot since it will use a different cache not built from your system (the one that is already prebuilt for the upgrade/installer). Though, you could not inject AppleALC and IntelMausiEthernet, and install those since they are not needed for booting.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:14 PM, Sherlocks said:

I recommend Bluetooth Kexts files(Rehabman BT or Dinesh BT) in L/E or S/L/E if you have problem about bt gone when wakeup from sleep.

Yeah, this is probably a must.

22 hours ago, maoyeye said:

2018-05-04 06:06:12.840511+0800 0x140      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (IOHIDFamily)  is not entitled for IOHIDLibUserClient keyboard access
2018-05-04 14:06:31.126427+0800 0x3cb      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleSystemPolicy) Setting mach port for daemon
2018-05-04 06:06:05.450599+0800 0x7e3      Error       0x0                  0      0    kernel: (Sandbox) Sandbox: identityservices(281) System Policy: deny(1) system-privilege 12010

Not enough information...?

17 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Currently, I manually update kexts in EFI/Clover/Kext/others or 10.13.  Do you know a drag & drop app to do the job?

Thanks

What else would you do, you only need to put the kexts (which are folders containing binaries, configurations, and other resources) in the folder. Just replacing them is drag and drop, is it not?

12 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I'm confused, you just need to copy the files to the injection folder. The only difference is that kext utility repairs permissions for the files and with injection the file permissions do not matter.

12 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Looking at Clover's source you should (IMO) avoid kexts that needs resources on the file system (like AppleHDA) because if a kext is inside your ESP the kext's bundle is not reachable. More the "kext path" in Clover use Windows separator ("\" instead of "/" used in Unix) so that this is a limit even for injected kexts on a mounted filesystem. After that looks like there's a limit in making spaces in the memory map (I don't think you can do that as you wish).... so that /library/Extensions is really a good place. Just my opinion.

edit

about making space in the mem-map you should consider that this job is done by boot.efi, and Clover arrives after that (i.e. not after loading it, but after this job is done?). If not I'm wrong, otherwise correct me :)

You are not correct. Clover injects kexts through the data hub before launching boot.efi, then some other corrections happen to the device tree at exit boot services. You can't inject a kext that is already present in the kernelcache, the kernel will ignore duplicate identifiers. A lot of kexts are placed in the cache regardless of whether they are used/attached to a device because of dependencies and the category of driver, i.e. core, safe, network, etc. I can't remember the actual grouping, but it's not nearly that precise so most kexts in the OS can't be injected because they are already in the cache. You can absolutely access the ESP to inject kexts when they are actually loaded, however other resources that will eventually be loaded (like the audio driver port layouts) will not be accessible from the ESP after exit boot services. These resources will then be loaded from where the identifier of the kext exists (in /S/L/E or /L/E) because that's where the kernel expects the resources to be.

2 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

if you were installing FakeSMC, NullPowerManagemet and other kexts like Intel gigabit drivers, would you be installing them in /Library/Extensions?

You should always inject FakeSMC, you should never ever ever use NullPowerManagement, and any network drivers are pretty much the ones that can absolutely be installed instead of injected since they don't need to be present to boot.

• Thanks 1