Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

api you must have miss interpreted his post

his quote "I rebooted the machine and loaded the system DSDT using maciASL and it's still EHC1"

he loaded his dsdt in maciasl. that means he expected the dynamic patch to be already configured in his dsdt. hence what I posted. I know your a jokester but please dont confuse the guy as he is looking for proper advice. not that you advice is not merited but it is not exactly the answer to his question at that moment.

Edited by bronxteck

22 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

As I said in my original post, I am not using my own DSDT.aml at the moment. Perhaps it is required to have a DSDT.aml inside /ACPI/patched?

Yeah. I was referring to ACPI table patching on the fly, without re-injection.

20 hours ago, bronxteck said:

api you must have miss interpreted his post

his quote "I rebooted the machine and loaded the system DSDT using maciASL and it's still EHC1"

he loaded his dsdt in maciasl. that means he expected the dynamic patch to be already configured in his dsdt. hence what I posted. I know your a jokester but please dont confuse the guy as he is looking for proper advice. not that you advice is not merited but it is not exactly the answer to his question at that moment.

I was actually giving him the correct advice.  Clover has an on the fly ACPI patcher and an ACPI injector. He was talking about the patcher, not the injector.

20 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Only the acpi>dsdt>fixes gets merged in dsdt.aml if you gererate it in maciasl after booting. Not Patches last time i tried.

You are directly patching the tables if you use on the fly, and  all three methods should provide a correct XSDT/RSDT ACPI implementation for Apple.

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

If i have ssdt.aml, should i enable dropoem in config?

Drop the specific tables you are patching, unless thats all off them, then dropoem as it drops all SSDTs, which you probably don't want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2018 at 7:22 AM, apianti said:

Did you put the patch in the correct place? Also is there not an automatic fix for this in DSDT fixes?

Can you please explain? From what I can see clover configurator put the patches inside config.plist. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

well it depends on what your expecting. all 3 methods work the same. you can manually edit the DSDT you can also just use clover ACPI config patching and you can also use clover config find replace method.  It is not mandatory to manually patch a DSDT anymore. it can mostly be done from clover config.

4 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

Can you please explain? From what I can see clover configurator put the patches inside config.plist. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

I'm asking you what you did. You didn't say if you were using clover configurator (which is a third party tool) or just editing the config.plist. Are the patches in the ACPI/DSDT/Patches section? I don't know if KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true will give you anymore information about the DSDT patching. But you need to dump your tables from inside macOS to determine what the outcome is. You'll probably want to google how to dump/extract your tables in macOS.

15 minutes ago, apianti said:

I'm asking you what you did. You didn't say if you were using clover configurator (which is a third party tool) or just editing the config.plist. Are the patches in the ACPI/DSDT/Patches section? I don't know if KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true will give you anymore information about the DSDT patching. But you need to dump your tables from inside macOS to determine what the outcome is. You'll probably want to google how to dump/extract your tables in macOS.

I am using clover configuration which is clearly mentioned in my original post (1st statement). I also mentioned that Clover configurator has added this when I selected "change EHC1 to EH01" (I've attached a screenshot of the patch as shown in Clover configurator)

-----

<key>Find</key>

<data>RuhDMQ==</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>RUgwMQ==</data>

--------

There are no patches in ACPI/DSDT/Patches. From what I can see, Clover configurator added the patch inside config.plist. 

I know how to dump DSDT. In the past I've used a Linux USB installer to do this job.

Thanks a lot!

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 2.14.17 am.png

2 minutes ago, mrjayviper said:

I am using clover configuration which is clearly mentioned in my original post (1st statement). I also mentioned that Clover configurator has added this when I selected "change EHC1 to EH01" (I've attached a screenshot of the patch as shown in Clover configurator)

-----

<key>Find</key>

<data>RuhDMQ==</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>RUgwMQ==</data>

--------

There are no patches in ACPI/DSDT/Patches. From what I can see, Clover configurator added the patch inside config.plist. 

I know how to dump DSDT. In the past I've used a Linux USB installer to do this job.

Thanks a lot!

I don't care about clover configurator, if there's a problem with that then you'll have to go to the developer of that, that's not part of clover. I want to know what the config.plist has in it and you keep only posting the patch but it needs to be in ACPI/DSDT/Patches (which is the key path inside of config.plist). So what does your actual config.plist contain and you need to dump the tables IN macOS, not another OS or clover, otherwise they are not patched and you have no idea whether or not the patch worked. Did you turn on KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true as I said to see if it gives you more information? I can't do it for you, I can only point you in a direction of what may be the issue and how to fix that.

you can press F4 at clover prompt if you want clover to dump your ACPI tables. or press F1 to see all other clover options like dumping the DSDT already patched i think thats the F5 option. both would reside in the origin folder. the patched folder is used after you manually add a patched ACPI table to it.

what clover configurator did is fine if "change EHC1 to EH01" is what you want.

it does the same as manually making the change in DSDT if that is what you are concerned with. 

Edited by bronxteck

7 hours ago, bronxteck said:

what clover configurator did is fine if "change EHC1 to EH01" is what you want.

it does the same as manually making the change in DSDT if that is what you are concerned with. 

What I'm saying is that when my setup booted with that patch, I loaded system DSDT in MaciASL and I can still see EHC1. It hasn't chance EHC1 to EH01.

So I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. I've attached my cofig.plist.

Thanks a lot!

-------------------------------------------

According to this clover wiki (https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#DSDT-/-Patches - maybe unofficial), patches can be done inside config.plist?

config.plist.zip

11 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

What I'm saying is that when my setup booted with that patch, I loaded system DSDT in MaciASL and I can still see EHC1. It hasn't chance EHC1 to EH01.

So I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. I've attached my cofig.plist.

Thanks a lot!

-------------------------------------------

According to this clover wiki (https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#DSDT-/-Patches - maybe unofficial), patches can be done inside config.plist?

That is the official wiki but it is outdated and uneditable. Try a different method to extract the tables from inside macOS. I see no reason why it would not be working.

Does anyone use the kozlek HWMonitor and noticed it not fully working with the last few Clover releases (I usually get temps, speeds etc shown)? 

I just wondered if it is at all possible something has changed that might cause this?

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 07.12.31.png

Edited by D-an-W

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Does anyone use the kozlek HWMonitor and noticed it not fully working with the last few Clover releases (I usually get temps, speeds etc shown)? 

I just wondered if it is at all possible something has changed that might cause this?

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 07.12.31.png

No relation.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 4:06 PM, apianti said:

Drop the specific tables you are patching, unless thats all off them, then dropoem as it drops all SSDTs, which you probably don't want.

Dangerous advice there...

Using the drop/add method causes SSDTs to be re-ordered.

And SSDTs can be order dependent.

Better to set config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true, then name SSDTs in ACPI/patched with the same name they had from ACPI/origin.  The AutoMerge feature will take care of replacing the SSDT in its original index, preserving the original order.

• Like 2

Issue report: booting Windows 10 USB installer not working correctly.

I have noticed that Clover tries to load cdboot.efi and fails. Screen goes black then returns to Clover screen.

I think Clover should be loading /EFI/boot/bootx64.efi instead of cdboot.

As a workaround, I close clover and load bootx64.efi from the boot maintenance menu.

7 hours ago, Dr. Hurt said:

Issue report: booting Windows 10 USB installer not working correctly.

I have noticed that Clover tries to load cdboot.efi and fails. Screen goes black then returns to Clover screen.

I think Clover should be loading /EFI/boot/bootx64.efi instead of cdboot.

As a workaround, I close clover and load bootx64.efi from the boot maintenance menu.

Clover can load bootmgfw.efi if present. It can be found in boot.wim package when creating USB installer. It is really 7z archive.

2 quesions pleas!

1. I've seen discussion where  people mentioned "injectATI=false". Is this the same as the config.plist entry below?

<dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

2. Is there an AMD/ATI equivalent for nv_disable?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by mrjayviper

Before 4488 its not an issue build Clover UDK2018 but now its failed

EDIT ***

4485 and Before 4485  its not an issue build Clover UDK2018

EDIT***  Think is broken after 4485, I test right now 4485 and I report 

4485 is good 

So after 4485 not working here

EDIT 2 ***

got it now problem fix wit

copying the /Patches_for_UDK2018/* ~/src/UDK2018/ 

Sorry my bad I cp-rf the old patch for edk2

Edited by chris1111

no matter which tool i will use to build the latest CLOVER rev. - i will always get the same error:

Spoiler

Building CloverUpdater application...
[XCODE]
Building CloverPrefpane preference...
[XCODE]
================= Making all in fdisk440 =================
	[MKDIR] /Users/md/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/build/fdisk440
	[CC32] auto.c
	[CC32] cmd.c
	[CC32] disk.c
	[CC32] fdisk.c
	[CC32] getrawpartition.c
	[CC32] mbr.c
	[CC32] misc.c
	[CC32] opendev.c
	[CC32] part.c
	[CC32] user.c
	[CC64] auto.c
	[CC64] cmd.c
	[CC64] disk.c
	[CC64] fdisk.c
	[CC64] getrawpartition.c
	[CC64] mbr.c
	[CC64] misc.c
	[CC64] opendev.c
	[CC64] part.c
	[CC64] user.c
	[LD32] fdisk440_32
	[LD64] fdisk440_64
	[LIPO] /Users/md/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/utils/fdisk440
================= Making all in boot1-install =================
	[XCODE] boot1-install
================= Making all in partutil =================
	[XCODE] partutil
================= Making all in bdmesg =================
	[XCODE] bdmesg
================= Making all in clover-genconfig =================
	[XCODE] clover-genconfig
** INSTALL FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC /Users/md/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/build/clover-genconfig/clover-genconfig.build/Release/clover-genconfig.build/Objects-normal/i386/clover-genconfig.o clover-genconfig.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
make[2]: *** [/Users/md/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/utils/clover-genconfig] Error 65
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [pkg] Error 2

=========================== Make Clover ISO =================================

================= Making all in fdisk440 =================
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
================= Making all in boot1-install =================
================= Making all in partutil =================
================= Making all in bdmesg =================
================= Making all in clover-genconfig =================
	[XCODE] clover-genconfig
** INSTALL FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC /Users/md/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/build/clover-genconfig/clover-genconfig.build/Release/clover-genconfig.build/Objects-normal/i386/clover-genconfig.o clover-genconfig.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
make[2]: *** [/Users/md/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/utils/clover-genconfig] Error 65
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [utils] Error 2

Complete Build time 1m28s

================ Finish working: 2018-05-23 22:45:04 +0200 ===================

Syncing disk cache ... Done.

All done.
Have a nice ... day(night)
Enjoy ...

at the same part of the script. Tried with latest CloverBuilder 1.1.6 and Build Clover 4.8.4.sh script.

Seems to be broken since rev. 4496, cause building rev. 4495 allready worked for me at least. Anyone have any clue?

btw: i always build from the beginning by deleting the "src" folder in my homefolder location.

ps: the whole log file is attached as a download

clover_build_rev4497_log.rtf

Edited by Mork vom Ork
  • Like 1

Sorry and very OT, but my question (after googling):

Can I get rid of apfs without reinstalling? Would like to convert back to HFS. Is there a programm or an app?? For me apfs is feels much slower.