Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

There are more memory regions above, you need to press Pg Up. Or better yet, you need to export your memmap to a file. The instructions are a couple of pages back (basically enter fs0: ; cd EFI/CLOVER/misc ; memmap > memmap.txt and then mount EFI with the started system).

I don't know why you showing me a picture of it makes it any more valid. First, the address can't go beyond 32bits so only eight hexadecimals, so 0x100000000 would be truncated to zero, which is definitely not valid. Second, the address has to be in the range 0x100000 to 0x20200000 aligned by 0x200000 because those are the only possible slide locations.

I seems should not bother about slide value?

Available  0000000000100000-0000000082D1DFFF 0000000000082C1E 000000000000000F

Thanks a lot for that info!  I was referring to these findings in NVDAResmanWeb.kext. What would you assume is the correct way to pass these arguments to that kext?

You can send any argument to driver if it waits an argument from you.

how is the noEFI setting passed to the nvidia web driver by clover? Is it a DSDT patch, or a binary patch or a argument passing?

Found this in clover source:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/nvidia.c#l2414

DSDT Patch:

"NVDA,noEFI",
Buffer (0x05)
{
  "true"
},

or Clover Patch:

<key>Graphics</key>
     <dict>
	   <key>NvidiaNoEFI</key>
	   <true/>
     </dict>
  • Like 1

Hey slice,

how is the noEFI setting passed to the nvidia web driver by clover? Is it a DSDT patch, or a binary patch or a argument passing?

Found this in clover source:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/HEAD/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/nvidia.c#l2414

Looks like a device tree modification to me?

Yes, device tree modification.

Thanks. And what exactly is this DSDT key for:  

NVDA,Features

I have seen it in old DSDTs, but it seems to be still present in NVDAStartupWeb.

You may use AddProperties feature for this case.

Or modify DSDT, or create SSDT. At your will.

If you want it to be implemented in Clover then you should give me full explanation what is and for a what.

USBMousseDxe-64 I have this on Drivers64 in my Packages

I have never needed it before so im unsure if its clover or the new dev beta build.

Even with the driver its slow, i have to have settings like this for decent movement.

post-1083558-0-09471600-1515669894_thumb.png

I use only these on drivers64 folder for my legacy mach (sig):

MacBookPro:~ badruzeus$ cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64
MacBookPro:drivers64 badruzeus$ ls
AppleImageCodec-64.efi		FSInject-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi	FirmwareVolume-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi		SMCHelper-64.efi
MacBookPro:drivers64 badruzeus$ 
  • Like 1

How are you doing with the graphical glitches of the HD3000? do you have any??

I though i was the only one using an ancient cpu nowadays (as a daily driver) :)

DVMT does not help, also, at least on my pc, other OSes cannot boot with higher DVMT, so either MacOS is happy with any DVMT value or it just ignores the extra memory.

I have a lot of ram so my iHD has the max allowed shared memory available, that is 512M according to MacOS and 1.5G according to Windows (wrong?)

I m using a VRAM patch to increase the value to 1.5G.

This helped a bit.

I don t have persistent glitches, they seem ramdon, but actually they start only on some occasions

- when i reboot from linux/windows after a long session (4-5hrs +)

- when i use the iHD a lot, for ex. Maya 3d or some 2k+ youtube videos

So, this could be wrong but, i think that clover "poisons", or it does not clear, something related to the gpu.

That would explain why when i reboot from linux to MacOS i can sometimes see glithes, and i m forced to shutdown and boot MacOS directly.

From what i can remember i had no glitches in Mavericks and Yosemite(not sure).

I should probably try Mavericks + latest/older clover and see what happens when i have time.

• Like 3