NvidiaWeb flagged

B.png

A2)

CsrActiveConfig =0x67

NvidiaWeb flagged

nvda_drv=1 (clover bootmenu/space bar/flag option there

A.png

Why?

some kext/extension are forced to load also in 0x67 condition?

In all 3 cases system works fine as always and Nvidia drivers are fully working

Not related. Do Windows or Linux needed in AptioFix?

I don't think you understand the context, or the potetnial problem.

Memory marked as reserved cannot be used by the OS. So if the memory range is not preserved by the kernel as something else, eventually it will be assigned to something.

It is preserved, I assumed you meant assigning a virtual address, as that is the only difference vit's code made.

I don't think you understand the context, or the potetnial problem.

It is preserved, I assumed you meant assigning a virtual address, as that is the only difference vit's code made.

No. It is not. Only RUNTIME regions are preserved. The kernel disregards all other regions. And vit didn't even change the original code, he just wrapped it in a #if....  :rolleyes:

No. It is not. Only RUNTIME regions are preserved. The kernel disregards all other regions. And vit didn't even change the original code, he just wrapped it in a #if.... :rolleyes:

Oh, so ACPI regions are discarded too? :)

(Can link the kernel code in a few hours...)

Okay, a quick google-search on the phone worked too...

https://github.com/darwin-on-arm/xnu/blob/master/osfmk/i386/i386_vm_init.c

I don't see line numbers, so search for "pmap_type != kEfiConventionalMemory".

You should read again whatever you think you are reading. Do you mean here? Where it's doing absolutely nothing?

https://github.com/darwin-on-arm/xnu/blob/master/osfmk/i386/i386_vm_init.c#L435

I did. I saw a check for the RT flag, combined with a logical -OR- for if the type is conventional mem. And now?

....If the type is NOT conventional memory..... You literally already wrote that...

"pmap_type != kEfiConventionalMemory".

To whom it may concern:

CLOVER rev4380 corrects a little bug which i have had with rev4376. My BIOS doesn't kept my selected Bootdrive. I got two of them: one with WINDOWS10 (and its own bootloader) and one with macOS (with CLOVER bootloader). The WIN-drive is and was always in M.2-slot #1, while macOS-drive is and always was in M.2-slot #2. So if i don't make any selection within BIOS, the WIN-drive always is set to main bootdrive.

Up to CLOVER rev.4375 i never had the problem, when booting into macOS, that after a restart main bootdrive was automatically selected back to WIN-drive as main boot drive. It always stays at the bootdrive, which i selected manualy in BIOS. With rev.4376 after a restart from macOS, bootdrive was reset to WIN-drive in slot #1, no matter which one i selected manualy as my primary bootdrive. Now i just updated to CLOVER rev.4380 et voilá: problem is gone. Same behavior as before: main bootdrive stays at manual selected stage, even within BIOS.

Nice to have it back. Thanx to the one, who corrected this little, nasty bug.  ;-)

Thx. in advance...

Mork vom Ork

Just to report OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi working well HP ProBook 6570B UEFI Boot

this is the more fast boot I ever see in macOS High SiERRA

Great job all Devs B)   only little things, verbose Boot 

its print OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi Starting  overrides

=======================

4380 is borked here with AptioMemoryFix on my Samsung laptop.

First 10.11.6 attempt after reboot came up with a error allocating pages issue. Subsequent attempts cause a reboot instead of loading Clover menu.

Trying to boot 10.13.2 brings up a "does printf work" message.

4369 and AptioMemoryFix built from source was working fine.

Replacing AptioMemoryFix with my previous compiled version works fine, so the problem is with the copy bundled with 4380.

..............siiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh........................AptioMemoryFix is just the same driver that is in clover but separated out from clover...... AptioFix3 is newest version of driver and the other two were reverted to their previous state, not sure why since they are inherently broken....

• Like 3

Maybe there's something wrong with the copy of AptioFix3 in 4380?

Because it prints AptioFix2Drv in verbose mode and it fails to boot my Z68 in the same way that AptioFix2Drv does: error allocating pages. On the other hand, AptioMemoryFix boots it fine (the copy I compiled, not the one included with 4380).

does aptiofix3 function similarly to aptiomemoryfix? in regards to native nvram function,as well as auto slide calc.

Can confirm that aptiofix3 of Clover_v2.4k_r4382 works flawless on my iMac Pro Skylake-X/X299 system. Nvram still native! No need for Emuvariable.. 

Regards, Thank you for all the hard work you do. Guys can could explain the differences between the new options for the benefit of all, please.

1.AptioInputFix

2.AptioMemoryFix

3.OsxAptioFixDrv(1)(2)(3)

However, no way to successfully boot my MacPro6,1 Broadwell-E/X99 System with aptiofix3 of Clover_v2.4k_r4382 without an adequate "slide" boot flag!

Again "printf" error!  

In contrary, AptioMemory.fix also works flawless on my MacPro6,1 Broadwell-E/X99 system.. 

Slice, just noticed one thing;

My stalled at ++++++++++++ looks like wasn't AptioFix related but Clover.

The earliest version of clover I have is 4243, with that clover I can boot perfectly. Will try to test move versions to see what change results in freeze.

However, no way to successfully boot my MacPro6,1 Broadwell-E/X99 System with aptiofix3 of Clover_v2.4k_r4382 without an adequate "slide" boot flag!

Again "printf" error!  

In contrary, AptioMemory.fix also works flawless on my MacPro6,1 Broadwell-E/X99 system.. 

i can boot without slide bootflag with aptiofix3drv on my X99 Haswell-E