Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Well, you have no hardware NVRAM (UEFI with NVRAM:  Boot0082 no) so you have to use legacy hibernation mode 29.

But AFAIK it no more works in 10.12.1.

Thanks for reply!

My hardware "MSI H87-G41 PC Mate" Bios 3.9

Perhaps it is not possible to use the "Sleep" for "Unsynchronised TSC after wake/reboot after wake", it has been using the "Hibernate" until now.
However, in "Sierra 10.12.1", is a pity that "Hibernate" is also no longer available.

That is only working if you flash the vbios on the graphicscard.

But as i said clover can do that for you.

Use PatchVBiosBytes and do the same like on the Rom.

Find: The bytes from the 1280x1024

Replace: The bytes from 1920x1080

It was my understanding that Clover can load a VBIOS from a file located at EFI/CLOVER/ROM and that I didn’t have to actually flash the card.

Am I wrong anyone?

I will try patching with the entire string that I found and see what happens.

EDIT:

Okay, according to AnalyzeVBIOS:

Found 1. possible NVIDIA Mode at 0x4985(Decimal:18821)

Empty Table at 0x4aa5(Decimal:19109)

Empty Table at 0x4b25(Decimal:19237)

Empty Table at 0x4b65(Decimal:19301)

So I tried patching using the following:

0005FF040000FF042F059F0597060004FF030000FF0300040304290400FF302A

8007FF040000FF042F059F0597063804FF030000FF0300040304290400FF302A

This exact string is found twice so I patched both.

Still nothing.

Do I check both "Load" and "Patch" VBIOS?

I see preboot.log

1:850  0:000  EdidOverrideFound!
1:850  0:000   found Detail Timing 2560x1440
1:914  0:064     0 640x480 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, 640x480, working, highest, pref=0
1:916  0:002     1 800x600 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, 800x600, working, highest, pref=1
1:918  0:002     2 1024x768 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, 1024x768, working, highest, pref=2
1:921  0:002     3 1280x1024 attr=3BF - ok, edid+, working, highest, pref=3
1:931  0:010  BV new mode: 3 1280x1024
2:160  0:228   SetMode pref 3 (3) = Success
2:503  0:343  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
2:503  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - not found!

The customEDID doesn't contain 1920x1080.

You have mentioned this before but when I open the EDID in AW-EDID Editor the standard timings for those resolutions are there. Or am I not understanding it correctly. (see attached).

DELL.bin.zip

EDID.txt

prebootlog.rtf

post-488070-0-15255700-1478274034_thumb.jpg

Micky, I tried your script again.

Please, see the results below.

For phisical volume

realDisk = 
UUID = 
DiskDevice = disk3
fstype of disk3s1 is msdos
disk3 is now succesfully mounted on /Volumes/ESP

select a volume to simulate Clover MountESP script

1) / 3) /Volumes/SierraHDD 5) /Volumes/Untitled
2) /Volumes/Mail Mac 4) /Volumes/Storage 6) /Volumes/Untitled 1
#? 

For logical volume

disk2 is a logical volume
realDisk = disk0s2
UUID = 95415CE1-023D-4894-89A1-FCE6BA524194
DiskDevice = disk0
fstype of disk0s1 is 

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk0s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk0s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

select a volume to simulate Clover MountESP script

1) / 3) /Volumes/SierraHDD 5) /Volumes/Untitled
2) /Volumes/Mail Mac 4) /Volumes/Storage 6) /Volumes/Untitled 1

Thanks. If you look at the logical one, the partutil command also fails to find the filesystem type returning nothing:

fstype of disk0s1 is  

Now or your ESP is really corrupted, or has no filesystem. To ensure that run 'diskutil info disk0s1' hoping in some sane status. Why that happens is for me unknown, but something tells me that happened during the conversion to a logical/encrypted volume (assuming this was the only time that you played with your disk..).

Rest the doubt on why Clover installer continue installing to the target volume if you have selected 'install to the ESP...'. for me should go to fail, and with more detailed infos

Now or your ESP is really corrupted, or has no filesystem. To ensure that run 'diskutil info disk0s1' hoping in some sane status. Why that happens is for me unknown, but something tells me that happened during the conversion to a logical/encrypted volume (assuming this was the only time that you played with your disk..).

Rest the doubt on why Clover installer continue installing to the target volume if you have selected 'install to the ESP...'. for me should go to fail, and with more detailed infos

Hi Micky!

Please, see below the result for the diskutil info command:

diskutil info disk0s1
   Device Identifier:        disk0s1
   Device Node:              /dev/disk0s1
   Whole:                    No
   Part of Whole:            disk0

Volume Name:              Not applicable (no file system)
   Mounted:                  Not applicable (no file system)
   File System:              None

Partition Type:           EFI
   OS Can Be Installed:      No
   Media Type:               Generic
   Protocol:                 SATA
   SMART Status:             Verified
   Disk / Partition UUID:    146925A5-70AC-4D17-8AF0-D2D7B264BEDF

Disk Size:                204.5 MB (204492800 Bytes) (exactly 399400 512-Byte-Units)
   Device Block Size:        512 Bytes

Read-Only Media:          No
   Read-Only Volume:         Not applicable (no file system)

Device Location:          Internal
   Removable Media:          Fixed

Solid State:              Yes

And yes, 3882 is set to install to the ESP, and it goes to the system partition instead.

post-1303722-0-34569000-1478281433_thumb.png

It's strange also that your ESP is only 204,5 MB (though min size allowed is 100 MB) while usually is 209,7 MB if created in OS X .

If you have backup you can run:

and anyway what was in it is lost, I think.

It's strange also that your ESP is only 204,5 MB (though min size allowed is 100 MB) while usually is 209,7 MB if created in OS X .

If you have backup you can run:

and anyway what was in it is lost, I think.

Backup of...what? The EFI partition? Or system?

Should this affect the system? 

For as far as I can tell, this command will recreate the EFI partition, right?

Backup of...what? The EFI partition? Or system?

the system. I think you are already no longer able to read what was on your ESP.. or at least not worried about a copy of Clover that was in it..

Should this affect the system? 

No but usually I'm not advicing pepoles to format their drives w/o a backup of the entire and involved disk, and this assume that you take the responsibility of this action.

If some sectors are already damages, who know?

For as far as I can tell, this command will recreate the EFI partition, right?

Yes, it try, but sure cannot solve everythings like physical damages if any.

• Like 1

the system. I think you are already no longer able to read what was on your ESP.. or at least not worried about a copy of Clover that was in it..

No but usually I'm not advicing pepoles to format their drives w/o a backup of the entire and involved disk, and this assume that you take the responsibility of this action.

If some sectors are already damages, who know?

Yes, it try, but sure cannot solve everythings like physical damages if any.

Ok, I made a backup.

And this is the output of that command:

Password:
512 bytes per physical sector
/dev/rdisk0s1: 393222 sectors in 393222 FAT32 clusters (512 bytes/cluster)
bps=512 spc=1 res=32 nft=2 mid=0xf8 spt=32 hds=32 hid=40 drv=0x80 bsec=399400 bspf=3073 rdcl=2 infs=1 bkbs=6

I think the screenshot below speaks for itself. 

post-1303722-0-64871800-1478288107_thumb.png

The size of the EFI partition is still 204.5MB (and I might know where that comes from). But this time it can be loaded and unloaded with no issues. Also, this time, Clover installed in the ESP.

Big thank you, Micky! :)

• Like 1

Sorry to help.

I ran across this page after I had accidentally deleted the EFI partition.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/57597/how-to-fix-broken-efi-partition

from here I read other stuff on the Net relating to this issue.  

Give it a whirl.  This seems to fix some problems.

You can recreate the EFI System Partition (ESP) using the command-line gpt tool. It should start at sector 40, and it should be 409600 sectors (exactly 200MiB) long. The GPT entry's type should be C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B, and if you have a hybrid MBR, the type there should be EE. The format is actually a subset of FAT, not HFS+. You can read the GPT using the command sudo gpt -r show disk0 in a Terminal window, this produces output that looks something like this:

start size index contents
0 1 PMBR
1 1 Pri GPT header
2 32 Pri GPT table
34 6
40 409600 1 GPT part - C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
409640 447801712 2 GPT part - 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
448211352 1269536 3 GPT part - 426F6F74-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
449480888 40753831
490234719 32 Sec GPT table
490234751 1 Sec GPT header

You can see the correct EFI partition at index 1. If that line doesn't match exactly, the easiest way is to delete the partition in its place and recreate it.

Make sure you know what you're doing before proceeding from here - you may lose data if you mess up.

You can't edit the partition table using gpt while partitions on the drive are mounted, so you'll need to boot from another drive (e.g. a USB stick with the OSX installer) or run the mac in target disk mode and do the partitioning from another mac. You may need to unmount any automatically mounted volumes using diskutil unmountDisk disk0 before proceeding, and in between commands.

To delete your "bad" EFI partition, run this command:

sudo gpt remove -i 1 disk0

Make sure disk0 is really the disk you want to change - the numbers can change between reboots. Also, this will only work if you already have a non-ESP partition in the place of the ESP - if not, deleting partition 1 could be disastrous! In this case, you'll need to move the indices along, as I think the ESP must have index 1. By the sound of it, this won't be necessary in your case.

Once deleted, re-add the partition with the correct layout and type:

sudo gpt add -b 40 -i 1 -s 409600 -t C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B disk0

This should sort out the partition itself, but as you've created an HFS partition in its place, you need to fix its format as well.

Makiko or Stu

Hi guys, jusy a quick question about CLOVER,

Im Running AMD Hackintosh, ive been using Enoch but i want to use clover because of its fine-tuning abilities, Despite people telling me that CLOVER works fine for AMD hack, ive never been able to get it to Boot, its slow and hangs on boot at a white cursor, i have read on other forums that it DOESNT work on Amd.

Can anyone tell me please, does it work on AMD?, and if so is there a certain pkg i should use and what options should i select at install, because if it does work then i must be doing something wrong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, jusy a quick question about CLOVER,

Im Running AMD Hackintosh, ive been using Enoch but i want to use clover because of its fine-tuning abilities, Despite people telling me that CLOVER works fine for AMD hack, ive never been able to get it to Boot, its slow and hangs on boot at a white cursor, i have read on other forums that it DOESNT work on Amd.

Can anyone tell me please, does it work on AMD?, and if so is there a certain pkg i should use and what options should i select at install, because if it does work then i must be doing something wrong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know zero developers trying to understand a problem with some AMD CPU and some chipsets for AMD CPU.

I have no reports and logs about this.

Clover has detection for AMD CPU and uses MSR that is known to work with some AMD CPU. That's all I know about.

• Like 1

Hi,

I've just noticed the new Skylake setting in Clover 3879, and tried setting HWPEnable to true in my config.plist. .

I'm using an Intel i5-6600 CPU with an ASUS Z170 motherboard - before my processor would only down-clock to 1.0GHz, and turbo to 3.7GHz with the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS. After enabling HWPEnable, it goes down to 800MHz, and reaches the maximum turbo of 3.9GHz, with the same SMBIOS.

I'm just wondering if HWPEnable is working as intended, and how it's doing this?

Hi,

I've just noticed the new Skylake setting in Clover 3879, and tried setting HWPEnable to true in my config.plist. .

I'm using an Intel i5-6600 CPU with an ASUS Z170 motherboard - before my processor would only down-clock to 1.0GHz, and turbo to 3.7GHz with the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS. After enabling HWPEnable, it goes down to 800MHz, and reaches the maximum turbo of 3.9GHz, with the same SMBIOS.

I'm just wondering if HWPEnable is working as intended, and how it's doing this?

I listen HWPEnable.

To enable HWPEnable.

Use smbios Macbook9,1

Enable HWPEnable in config.plist

Remove generated SSDT.aml

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

I have a two problems booting with clover on a Z170 Ultra Gaming.

Since I added the W10 disk, MacOS starts but reboots rapidly, I had to remove all the sensors in the Injected Kexts keeping only FakeSMC and MausiEthernet to be able to boot correctly from time to time.  :wallbash:

Secondly, since importing an user from a real MacPro disk, I keep having a two boot entry for the same disk Macintosh HD.

It's a Boot OS X Install from Macintosh HD which seems no to be the El Capitan installer version that the system is on but Yosemite or Mavericks.

I'm begining to think it's a remnant of TechTool Pro eDrive but I can't find it in DiskUtility. (Edit2: Found out about .IABootFiles)

Edit: Latest Clover at the time was 3899, and some older version before.

Debug and Preboot.zip

Guys, since we're on the sleep/wake topic, I've got a weird issue on my PC (specs in the signature).

So, the PC goes to sleep with no issue. Also, wakes from sleep with no issue.

BUT, if I let it sleep for a while, after about half an hour, maybe an hour, it would just wake up for no reason, the monitor is still black, and it just stays like that. I could probably wake the display up too. But, why is it waking up in the first place? I don't remember having this issue in older versions of macOS. But then again, both Clover and the OS got updated in the meantime.

Any idea what causes this issue? I saw some mentions about hibernation and stuff like that. Not sure if it applies to this case.

Anyone else had this issue before?

I also had this issue with previous versions of Clover. So I'm sure it's not something related to the last version of Clover or something.

Hi, Slice...

this is the actual situation after running the pkg, very similar to legacy installation (Clover r3899 and later)

Schermata_2016_11_07_alle_20_46_03.png

I'v only selected osxaptiofix2drv, but then more drivers get added, also DataHub is there now..
As far I remembar in older versions, there was the possibility to select them.
I do not know if this is a bug or is normal but choices for them in the package installer would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance :)

These drivers are safe to have. You may delete them manually while novices should have all of them.

Who decided that DataHub is not needed? Reboot at start is not very often shown?

Thanks for attention.

thanks to you. Usually here all goes well w/o it, but today I'v experienced a boot failure with all of them, not sure what was the cause, but after removing new drivers (and datahub), all worked as before.

i would like to do my choice at installer

Guys, since we're on the sleep/wake topic, I've got a weird issue on my PC (specs in the signature).

So, the PC goes to sleep with no issue. Also, wakes from sleep with no issue.

BUT, if I let it sleep for a while, after about half an hour, maybe an hour, it would just wake up for no reason, the monitor is still black, and it just stays like that. I could probably wake the display up too. But, why is it waking up in the first place? I don't remember having this issue in older versions of macOS. But then again, both Clover and the OS got updated in the meantime.

Any idea what causes this issue? I saw some mentions about hibernation and stuff like that. Not sure if it applies to this case.

Anyone else had this issue before?

I also had this issue with previous versions of Clover. So I'm sure it's not something related to the last version of Clover or something.

It´s not a bug..... it´s a feature :D , mdnsresponder does this every hour i think (before it was 2 hours) to support wake on demand.

But there is a fix for it. ;)

Just install the "disable sleep proxy client" via clover.

It´s not a bug..... it´s a feature :D , mdnsresponder does this every hour i think (before it was 2 hours) to support wake on demand.

But there is a fix for it. ;)

Just install the "disable sleep proxy client" via clover.

Well I was gonna say I already have the latest version of Clover. And it still happens.

And yes, it's after an hour. Right now, I'm just typing on my PC because it just woke up after an hour (looks like it's been exactly 1 hour) of sleep.

And I was checking the console logs. But I don't even know what am I looking for. I found no "wake reason" so far. And now, you're saying it's intended... But it kinda freaks me out every time my computer wakes up all of the sudden. :))

"disable sleep proxy client" is this an option in the config?