Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

@ pkdesign

If PatchVBios isn´t working automaticly you can have a look on your vbios, find the correct entry and patch it on the fly via the key PatchVBiosBytes.

@ Slice

Have you seen this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-578?do=findComment&comment=2309338

I posted it because since 10.12 a custom hibernatefile isn´t working.

Hi

I just setup FileVault2, but now my nvram.plist is not loaded on boot (Which it shouldn't as the disk is encrypted), can I somehow tell 80.save_nvram_plist.local to save the nvram.plist to the EFI partition instead of the root of the boot drive?

Also I tested out the EnableHWP flag, it's working great!

EDIT: Does anyone know if it is possible to have native NVRAM on Gigabyte Z170? I have been searching high and low, but haven't found anything, as that would fix the nvram.plist problem. (Sorry if this is OT, but I was just thinking that this was bootloader related).

Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi

I just setup FileVault2, but now my nvram.plist is not loaded on boot (Which it shouldn't as the disk is encrypted), can I somehow tell 80.save_nvram_plist.local to save the nvram.plist to the EFI partition instead of the root of the boot drive?

Also I tested out the EnableHWP flag, it's working great!

EDIT: Does anyone know if it is possible to have native NVRAM on Gigabyte Z170? I have been searching high and low, but haven't found anything, as that would fix the nvram.plist problem. (Sorry if this is OT, but I was just thinking that this was bootloader related).

Thanks for all your hard work.

Yes, this is related. This is a part of Dmazar's work on OsxAptioFixDrv but he is absent and nobody can continue.

The question about nvram.plist location is very interesting. May be Micky1979 may look at the script how to write a file into unmounted volume.

I also think that for the case of FV2 it will  be better to use Recovery HD.

Or we should propose always use ESP and account it to be always mounted. Else logic?

Does anyone know if it is possible to have native NVRAM on Gigabyte Z170? I have been searching high and low, but haven't found anything

Are you using AptioFix? It might be you are not because Aptio V likely fixed some stuff AptioFix is doing today...

If you are using AptioFix, up a memory map dumped from UEFI Shell (memmap > fs0:\memmap.txt) and one from macOS with DarwinDumper. Also, if you are using AptioFix non-2 right now, please make a working boot stick and use AptioFix2 for dumping the map... If not possible, use non-2 but add a note you did.

How to do sleep/wake working with UEFI BOOT.

It was problem #1 with UEFI BOOT.

Users usually claim that sleep-wake is not working with Clover while working with Chameleon. This is wrong claim.

There is a problem with UEFI BOOT which is possible only with Clover but all is good with LEGACY BOOT with Clover, Chameleon and other bootloaders.

Now I may said exactly that for working sleep/wake in the case of UEFI boot you need a videocard with UEFI BIOS. I reflashed my Radeon HD6670 with custom-made UEFI BIOS, 

set the follow in mother bios

Full LOGO = Disabled

OS = Windows 8

CSM support = never

attachicon.gif130712183332.png

And now I have only UEFI boot (no legacy is possible).

I have native resolution in Clover GUI 1920x1080 without additional UEFI drivers.

I have full working sleep and wake.

New ACPI table VFCT.

No custom DSDT, just Clover provided fixes for BIOS.aml

FixDSDTMask=0x30DF

RESOLVED.

With Clover rev 1942+ sleep/wake works fine without any conditions. In UEFI mode you need OsxAptioFixDrv new revision.

Slice thank you so much for your devotion.

Please help me understand what to do. 

I have currently an AsusK53E Laptop that doesn't sleep or shutdown, restarts are inconsistent sometimes quick sometimes long.

I have searched and asked questions but haven't found a answer yet.

I used your MacBook4_1.plist edit section to input what isn't there.  (restart-action) (CSD3) 

I'm using MacBookPro8_3.plist not quite sure if I have the next to last part right in editing the plist.  I'm using Xcode 8.1 with Sierra 10.12.1.

Using as minimal as I can in config.plist. 

I have in the Kernel and Kext Patches set to KernelPm. I have patched AppleRTC, patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext.  I tried these to see if it would resolve my shutdown and sleep issues.

I'm actually at a loss as to what to do.  I tried many things, as suggested on this forum.

But I believe you're the expert in this and I seek your help in resolving sleep, shutdown restart without hangups.

I have tried so many combinations that it would be difficult to explain them all.  

Please can I get your assistance?

Thank you for making all this possible.

Mak

Are you using AptioFix? It might be you are not because Aptio V likely fixed some stuff AptioFix is doing today...

If you are using AptioFix, up a memory map dumped from UEFI Shell (memmap > fs0:\memmap.txt) and one from macOS with DarwinDumper. Also, if you are using AptioFix non-2 right now, please make a working boot stick and use AptioFix2 for dumping the map... If not possible, use non-2 but add a note you did.

I'm using AptioFix2 (cannot boot with AptioFix (non-2) on Clover 3895.

I hope the attached files are the correct ones (memmap > fs0:\memmap.txt and DarwinDumper -> Firmware Memory Map).

Yes, this is related. This is a part of Dmazar's work on OsxAptioFixDrv but he is absent and nobody can continue.

The question about nvram.plist location is very interesting. May be Micky1979 may look at the script how to write a file into unmounted volume.

I also think that for the case of FV2 it will  be better to use Recovery HD.

Or we should propose always use ESP and account it to be always mounted. Else logic?

Looks to me like the nvram rc script already supports mounting the drive for writing? (This would add a few seconds to shutdown/reboot, but nothing too serious for SSDs).

I was just thinking that if we use the EFI partition, then we would have "real" nvram, supporting the same nvram on multiple installs on the same PC, I'm not sure if anyone else would like that, but it is something I could have used while testing Sierra while still having El Capitan installed.

memmap.clover.txt

memmap.darwindumper.txt

assuming that was aimed at me... just question why does it work with 3763 and not 3882???

not changed anything yet.

Making preboot.log (F2 key press) may help us to speak with you.

@ Slice

Have you seen this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-578?do=findComment&comment=2309338

I posted it because since 10.12 a custom hibernatefile isn´t working.

This is probably resolved in 3897.

assuming that was aimed at me... just question why does it work with 3763 and not 3882???

not changed anything yet.

oh sorry than, yes was for you and was a simply question, no accusations, just the first more reliable possible cause. but you answer with another answer, so I have nothing more to say :) .

With Clover r3900, Boot UEFI  Mode

Previous OS Version "El Capitan 10.11.6", "Sierra 10.12"

To Hibernate mode to operate properly, run this in Terminal:

"sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25"

It works

But "Sierra 10.12.1"

Dont wake up

It is a log of when I started to reset

-----boot.log (Only Target Partition)

3:012  0:016  - [14]: 'Sierra 10_12_1 HD'
3:051  0:039          AddLoaderEntry for Volume Name=Sierra 10_12_1 HD
3:067  0:015      Check if volume Is Hibernated:
3:067  0:000      Check sleep image 'by signature':
3:137  0:069      read prefs \Library\Preferences\com.apple.PowerManagement.plist status=Success
3:137  0:000      using default sleep image name = \private\var\vm\sleepimage
3:151  0:014      Reading first 512 bytes of sleepimage ...
3:160  0:009      OurBlockIoRead: Lba=30272720, Offset=604E4E4000 (BlockSize=512)
3:160  0:000      sig lion: 73696D65
3:160  0:000      sig snow: 0
3:160  0:000      got sleep image offset
3:160  0:000      Reading completed -> Success
3:160  0:000       sleepimage offset acquired successfully: 604E4E4000
3:160  0:000       gSleepTime: 1478121423
3:173  0:012       HFS+ volume modifyDate: 1478121422
3:173  0:000       image older then volume: -1 sec
3:173  0:000      hibernated: yes
3:173  0:000      UEFI with NVRAM:  Boot0082 no

-----

What does it mean "UEFI with NVRAM:  Boot0082 no" ?

@Slice

what is your works about last official CLOVER 32 version or last commit?

i hope save this file

thanks in advance :)

Last oficial release containing 32bit was 3859.

Last tested release was 1590.

• Like 1

Guys, the latest build (3899) fails to install on a Z170 motherboard, although everything worked fine with the previous version.

It works on the Z97S Krait I've got at home. 

In case it helps, the SSDs on both computers are now encrypted (using FileVault). But I've got an issue installing Clover update only on the Z170 based one. I also tried reinstalling 3882 on the Z170 system and it worked fine. So it looks like it's an issue only with the latest release, and only with this particular system.

Weird... Any idea?

post-1303722-0-39592300-1478155156_thumb.png

arsradu: Check the clover install log (it might be on the root of your disk) and see if it gives any clue. Maybe it's having trouble reading your drive(s).

Awesome tip. I didn't know that.

Well, I checked the log and it says it cannot mount the ESP partition.

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk0s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk0s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

But I'm confused. 3882 can mount the ESP partition, but 3899 can't?

I had this error in the past.

What I did:

1 - Unmount the EFI partition.

2 - Run the installer again.

If I have the EFI mounted and run the script, I have this same error.

Hmm. Well there are a few things I don't quite understand here:

1. If EFI is already mounted, why can't the installer simply proceed with the installation? Why try to mount something that's already mounted?

2. Assuming it's mounted (which I'll definitely check and try what you said), isn't it mounted for both versions? :))) How can it work on 3882 but not 3899? Especially since I tried 3899 first.

@ Sergey

There is something that does not convince me with clover on the Z97, I'll explain: when I turn off the PC, as soon as you turn off by itself, it does so even with El , there something that corrupts clover NVRAM? He does this only with Sierra, Yosemite while no

Let me know what can be

Carmine

Ps Where is on repo old version clover ? I don't see 36××( 3577 to 3811 mhmmm )

Hmm. Well there are a few things I don't quite understand here:

1. If EFI is already mounted, why can't the installer simply proceed with the installation? Why try to mount something that's already mounted?

2. Assuming it's mounted (which I'll definitely check and try what you said), isn't it mounted for both versions? :))) How can it work on 3882 but not 3899? Especially since I tried 3899 first.

I don't know bro, sorry...

When I had his issue here, for me what was most important was have Clover installed.  :P

Now the 'whys' can be solved in the future for our Devs  ;)

Hint: To get the last Clover version, I make a download of the CloverISO and update the current files.

I don't know bro, sorry...

When I had his issue here, for me what was most important was have Clover installed.  :P

Now the 'whys' can be solved in the future for our Devs  ;)

Hint: To get the last Clover version, I make a download of the CloverISO and update the current files.

You're definitely right about getting it installed. :)

But you wanna hear the funny part? EFI is not mounted.

• Like 1

The MountESP script was updated a few versions back to handle logical volumes. Maybe there's something in your disk setup that's off? Or maybe it's changed again as I'm still on 3895 here.

If you post your full clover install log it might help find the problem.