Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I am using Clover in conjunction with generic two port/slot bootable pci-e add in card using I think the Marvel 9128 chipset for the controller. Clover sees both SSDs I have in the enclosure at the moment and boots from either my main or backup drive I have in it for testing new updates or for changes I make to the OS.

And you use the uefi option in Clover for booting or Legacy? Any specific settings I should check in Clover for this setup?

I have a kext for the drive "siliconimagexxxx.kext" I just added that to my Clover booting SSD and now I can see the PCIE SSD from that drive. clover menu still doesn't see it. This is all to get iMessage lol. Otherwise I'd stick with chameleon.

Hey again guys.

I managed to finally erase my partition. From Windows and by wiping and formatting it to FAT32 first, then formatting deleting it and formatting it as HFS+. So the partition seems to be clean now. But in terms of iMessages...no result. It still does not connect. Clover installed in UEFI mode, on my USB stick. You can see in the attachments what I selected when installing it. Also, attached the error I get when trying to connect to iMessage (though I'm pretty sure some of you already know it by heart).

If you need any kind of file to debug this issue, please, let me know. I'll do my best to provide it for you as soon as possible.

I'm tired of this. There have been days of trial and error. I just want to get it to work already. Especially since it worked before.

So things I installed on the stick to make it boot are: the OS of course, FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10). Once booted up, I just installed RealtekR1000SL.kext by Slice for the network. For now I'm booting up usign the USB stick. I don't mind it that much. Right now I just want to get iMessage fixed already. Oh, by the way, I installed all the updates from App Store.

post-1303722-0-49033000-1403731955_thumb.png

post-1303722-0-91330000-1403732128_thumb.png

Hey again guys.

I managed to finally erase my partition. From Windows and by wiping and formatting it to FAT32 first, then formatting deleting it and formatting it as HFS+. So the partition seems to be clean now. But in terms of iMessages...no result. It still does not connect. Clover installed in UEFI mode, on my USB stick. You can see in the attachments what I selected when installing it. Also, attached the error I get when trying to connect to iMessage (though I'm pretty sure some of you already know it by heart).

If you need any kind of file to debug this issue, please, let me know. I'll do my best to provide it for you as soon as possible.

I'm tired of this. There have been days of trial and error. I just want to get it to work already. Especially since it worked before.

So things I installed on the stick to make it boot are: the OS of course, FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10). Once booted up, I just installed RealtekR1000SL.kext by Slice for the network. For now I'm booting up usign the USB stick. I don't mind it that much. Right now I just want to get iMessage fixed already. Oh, by the way, I installed all the updates from App Store.

Try this : 

Make sur you have EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi. Ethernet need to be en0.

Open Clover Configurator

1. On RtVariables section, put MLB Value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A and ROM VALUE = UEZdNpmp

2. On SMBIOS section, put SmUUID Value = 9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9

3. Reboot and enjoy :)

• Like 1

Time2Win...

Try this : 

Make sur you have EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi. Ethernet need to be en0.

Open Clover Configurator

1. On RtVariables section, put MLB Value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A and ROM VALUE = UEZdNpmp
2. On SMBIOS section, put SmUUID Value = 9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9
3. Reboot and enjoy 
If one uses the as you wrote, but what he is then recognized Hacki? as iMac or MacBook or a Mac Mini as? 
and that is to really work? have you tested more than once rebooted it?

And you use the uefi option in Clover for booting or Legacy? Any specific settings I should check in Clover for this setup?

I have a kext for the drive "siliconimagexxxx.kext" I just added that to my Clover booting SSD and now I can see the PCIE SSD from that drive. clover menu still doesn't see it. This is all to get iMessage lol. Otherwise I'd stick with chameleon.

UEFI boot never have tried iMessage so don't know if that works on my install.

UEFI boot never have tried iMessage so don't know if that works on my install.

Ah ok. I have iMessage working with clover on my sata ssd so it should work on pcie ssd as well. Seeing some promise when I changed revodrive to mbr partition with clover recognizing it in boot menu. But then will my 280x work without efi partition?! Oh the suspense!

I have a question about the new Clover 2728 Refers to Yosemite DP2

How can I set the default volume? in the conig.plist? 

With the "Univ unique identification." From the Disk Utility information - that does not work

and with your entry eg hd (1,2) also does not work.. 

AND how can you change the font color of the label partition

Thanks for info

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>MacHDD</string>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>

this is the 1st time i use clover, i don't know how to boot clover with bootflag dart=0 ?

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>-v dart=0</string>

From Slice:

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>MacHDD</string>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>

Slice thank you for this standart answer... i have MORE as 1 Mac partitions !!

What you write not work !

@pinarek: post a boot log to see how the default volume is picked.

@oculto: I think the difference is that the commits posted in the ProjectOSX thread are mostly user oriented changes, whereas the list from SourceForge shows every little change, be it important or meaningless for the user.

Last login: Thu Jun 26 17:14:14 on console
Petros-Macmini-Server:~ pinarek$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *512.1 GB   disk0
   1:                  Apple_HFS Intens1-Mavericks-10... 99.6 GB    disk0s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS Intens2-Win8.1-Prof.... 89.1 GB    disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS Intens3-Mac-Sicher      323.4 GB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *480.1 GB   disk1
   1:                  Apple_HFS San1-Mavericks-10.9.... 94.4 GB    disk1s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS San2-Mavericks-10.9.... 94.4 GB    disk1s2
   3:               Windows_NTFS San3-Win8.1-Prof.64Bit  99.6 GB    disk1s3
   4:               Windows_NTFS San5-Win-Sicher         92.1 GB    disk1s5
   5:                  Apple_HFS San4-Frei               99.6 GB    disk1s6
/dev/disk2
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *120.0 GB   disk2
   1:                  Apple_HFS Mu1-YosemiteChameleon   60.1 GB    disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Mu-Yosemite-DP2-14A261i 59.9 GB    disk2s2
Petros-Macmini-Server:~ pinarek$ 

i will boot from disk2 and disk2s2 with Name: Mu-Yosemite-DP2-14A261i Partition.

Clover ist installed on disk2s1.

From this Partition will Clover ever start, i muss in the Bootmenue ever 

to right (in GraficMode) to my another Yosemite Partition change and start this.

The first Partition from disk2 

Yosemite was previously installed with chameleon, have the boot file from Chameleon easily removed and installed as Clover Version 2728.

There must be a solution to give in Clover set he always! of disk2s2 boot without any sometimes in botmenu select this partition by hand.

Welp, this's got me stumped to the point of having to ask for help.

I can't seem to get Clover to boot anything on my notebook. While the flash drive will boot and install OS X without a problem on my desktop, I can take that same drive, plug it into my notebook, and while Clover itself seems to boot fine, if I select any boot source (USB or HDD), the display just goes black and it seems to hang there, regardless of what OS was selected. This occurs both with legacy and pure UEFI installs of Clover, with/without CSM. I reenabled and then redisabled Secure Boot just to make sure that it wasn't the issue. I'd prefer to use Clover so I don't have to constantly patch the kernel because of Haswell, if possible. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

System's an HP Envy 15t-j000 (Intel Core i7-4700MQ, hybrid HD4600/GeForce 740M graphics [i know the 740M will never work and I'm okay with that], 8GB DDR3-1600 memory, Intel HM87 Express chipset for all the specs). I've attached a debug.log, but I personally didn't find anything that seemed out of the ordinary.

debug.log - https://db.tt/Ul1avbXL

• Like 1

yes i will this "Mu-Yosemite-DP2-14A261i" as default boot device 

So Maniac10 .. so a rank beginner, I no longer am now. do you think I would not have all these options already tried? but all to no avail! 

I'll show you out my section of "boot" in clover here:

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
                <key>Legacy</key>
		<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string> I could still change but is not really necessary, he will still not boot from the desired partition
                <key>Arguments</key>
		<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
                <key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key>
                <false/> or true (not change)
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>HD(1,MBR,0CD1A145-1316-30C4-8B11-41E5D333D6C4,0x800,0xFF000)</string> i have tests mit any Options we, in your Link to this no change !
		<key>Fast</key>,
		<false/>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<true/> or false (not change) no boot.log see
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>500</integer> (0 not work beginn immediately) also set for many Time to 500 Seconds !
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>-1</string>
	</dict>

Show my Comments behind each option, unfortunately this can not color highlight in the code window.

Maniac10 ... got a question: Have you ever tried it because even with you, in the same circumstances or with similar same config as I have to change that sometimes?

You should try it for YOURSELF and not only refer to specified pages. Because this is all there is to Clover's were still not tested under YOSEMITE that relates but most for

ML or Mavericks. Since it will probably maybe everything work as it stands, but not yet under Yosemite!

Update: i have added this:

<key>DefaultLoader</key>
 <string>BOOTX64.efi</string> 

no change always the same

here is one possible reason....

with Yosemite DP2 on my system, the clover /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local script (which is run by /Library/Application Support/CloverDaemon ) gets a segmentation fault at the time it runs during the shutdown. so it does not update the /nvram.plist file.  upon next boot up, clover will look at the most current nvram.plist file (in my case on the mavericks partition) and choose to boot that one unless i manually select Yosemite.

Note: if I send the CloverDaemon process a SIGTERM any other time - it runs fine. not sure why seg fault at shutdown. could be a timing issue upon launching a script when its about to shut down?  

Edit- Yes. adding IgnoreNVRAMBoot true makes clover boot from the DefaultVolume listed in config.plist (instead of booting from volume with most recent nvram.plist)

Edited by tluck