Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

P.S.: I redid the installer from scratch, same issue. This time using an 8 GB MBR/HFS+ USB disk with a 10.9.2 installer. Don't know why I can't even get to the boot menu, so I can get any debug info. Really lost now.

P.P.S.: pressing F2 won't sabe the preboot.log in /EFI/Clover/misc!

P.P.P.S.: Adding the boot7 file dmazar posted here            #943             didn't change a thing!

P.P.P.P.S.: Well, my hardware must be suffering serious incompatibility issues: following the instructions here FAQ took me nowhere, perhaps because it's really not a black screen, but a black screen with a blinking cursor. Even the dreaded "7" described here FAQ doesn't appear!

Did you try choosing BiosBlockIO instead of SATA in the installer?

Yes, but I already solved it (see             #4762            ): it was happening because I was choosing boots0ss. Just changed to boot0af and now everything's fine: I can even use BiosBlockIO now (I was using CloverEFI 32-bit, since I was unsure of what had solved my issue, but it wouldn't see my internal disks).

All the best!

@arsadu - i have done both installations of DP2 on clover 2721 - a clean install and then one on top of 10.9.3. iMessage (and iCloud) works for me both cases. i did get some weird extra stuff in my recovery HD both times - but i just removed the extra folders there and then things worked as expected. Note: i personally don't like the logical partition style of disk management the installer created from DP2 so i just reverted to physical partition. 

@arsadu - i have done both installations of DP2 on clover 2721 - a clean install and then one on top of 10.9.3. iMessage (and iCloud) works for me both cases. i did get some weird extra stuff in my recovery HD both times - but i just removed the extra folders there and then things worked as expected. Note: i personally don't like the logical partition style of disk management the installer created from DP2 so i just reverted to physical partition.

Thanks, man. UEFI or legacy installation of Clover? it might be important. I don't remember having troubles in DP1. But I don't seem to be able to login to Messages anymore, not even with a clean installation of the OS. It says it cannot be activated...try again later. Or something similar. I always check the checkbox for Emu...something something in Clover upon installation, which for as far as I know is responsible for the functionality of Messages. Anyway...I'm trying DP2, clean install again. If i still have troubles, I'll try reverting to DP1, and report my findings. Thanks again. :)

UPDATE: Ok...I'm not sure it's from DP2 anymore... I still have this issue, even after a clean install of DP1.

But I've got something else that's weird. I've got two EFI partitions. One somewhere on my HDD...though none of the boot partitions seems to have it, but I can boot from BIOS, and the other one on my pen drive, which is intended. Now...How do I remove the other one? Where is it located?

UPDATE2: Nevermind. I got it. :D

Hi, a help from you, you who are more experienced.

I have the problem for artifacts with Intel HD3000 integrated in my laptop... the problem occurs with both the Mavericks and Yosemite.

I have selected various combinations - EDID and configuration in the Clover.

I have not solved the problem.

Thanks to all for your help

Clover rocks!!!!

As if you guys didn't know this already :hysterical::D.

One of the only drawbacks with using Clover on older legacy BIOS machines is the long delay to arriving at the Clover GUI - on my desktop GA-P55aUD3 it was approx 15-16secs using the Standard CloverEFi 64-bits SATA.  On a whim, I decided to install with the BiosBlockIO option ....

post-846696-0-70754200-1403501286_thumb.png

Notice the time taken to arrive at the GUI (from boot.log) is now only 4.6secs!!!  Now hardly any difference compared to a UEFI boot.

Thanks Slice and the Clover developers !!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Word of caution from the Clover Wiki however: depending on the computer's BIOS "it not always works, for instance with the Dell Inspiron 1525."

Make sure you have a boot-able Clover USB (with standard boot files) handy before changing your Clover installation on your hard drive :) .

• Like 3

Clover rocks!!!!

As if you guys didn't know this already :hysterical::D.

One of the only drawbacks with using Clover on older legacy BIOS machines is the long delay to arriving at the Clover GUI - on my desktop GA-P55aUD3 it was approx 15-16secs using the Standard CloverEFi 64-bits SATA.  On a whim, I decided to install with the BiosBlockIO option ....

attachicon.gifBiosBlockIO.png

Notice the time taken to arrive at the GUI (from boot.log) is now only 4.6secs!!!  Now hardly any difference compared to a UEFI boot.

Thanks Slice and the Clover developers !!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Word of caution from the Clover Wiki however: depending on the computer's BIOS "it not always works, for instance with the Dell Inspiron 1525."

Make sure you have a boot-able Clover USB (with standard boot files) handy before changing your Clover installation on your hard drive :) .

Great solution

hey guys, still suffering on random shutdown issues...the board doesn't completely switch off!!!

green led is still burning?!?!?

any suggestions?!

thx fellas

Strange on your gigabyte ?

UEFI or Legacy ?

Guys, I can't use Messages anymore... And I erased the EFI partition on my HDD (yes, I know, stupid thing to do) and now, as you probably can imagine, i can't boot from HDD anymore. I can still use the EFI partition on my USB stick to boot Yosemite or Mavericks... But anyway. The thing is that, even if booting from the USB, my Messages (iMessage) app doesn't connect anymore. Yes, anymore. It worked when I first installed Yosemite, and I'm pretty sure I selected the exact same things in Clover that I did when I first installed it. I'm using UEFI bios (and of course, UEFI options in Clover). And no, it doesn't seem to make any difference if it's DP1 or DP2. Both clean installations (minus the EFI partition, I guess).

So my question is: what should I do to have iMessages working again? Should I recreate the EFI partition (Clover alone doesn't seem to create it, just uses it if it finds it). Should I just create a new partition and format it as FAT32 and name it to EFI? How exactly does this work? Isn't that supposed to be hidden?

I thought that when I format my USB stick, the EFI partition is also wiped. Now I'm not so sure anymore... So what exactly is it stored in there? Can some information that might have been left on the EFI partition affect the functionality of the iMessage app? It seems to be the same version (at least the same version number) in both DP1 and DP2.

Thanks so much for your help, guys.

Hi all !

Just a little thing here, how i can get rid of this little graphic glitch ? (distorted spinning wheel at boot) even if you boot with -v you will have distorted commende lines.. when i were on chameleon this glitch was not happened; resolution is 1366x768.

But if i switch to a stretched theme (1024x768) the spinning wheel will be displayed correctly, but the theme and the apple logo will be stretched then horribly ugly..

http://cl.ly/image/0...21/IMG_0669.JPG

here is a picture for when you boot on verbose mode : http://cl.ly/image/0o3l0R3l1H36

its only happening on booting, when you shut down / restart the pc, the spinning wheel is normale here is a picture : http://cl.ly/image/3j23191h2O15

Best regard ! Sorry for bad english.

•  

Forgive my lack of knowledge, iam new on hackintosh world, but i dont know what log i can post for that.. :)

What about hardware? For as far as we can tell from your pictures, it's a HP laptop. But that's about it. Model number? Some specs like: Motherboard, Video card, CPU, RAM? You can find all that on manufacturer's product pages, if you don't know them already. Or Google search for the model and find out more. In Linux there is a command for finding out your hardware information: lshw (that's LSHW, or, to be easier to remember LiSt HardWare). You can try that on Mac as well. Though we don't need everything that command will output.  But alexanderq is right. So far, you are the only one with this issue (or at least the first one I know). Which means that something is specific to your hardware. So, in order to be able to at least guess what can be wrong with that, we need to know some hardware details like the ones I mentioned above.

What about hardware? For as far as we can tell from your pictures, it's a HP laptop. But that's about it. Model number? Some specs like: Motherboard, Video card, CPU, RAM? You can find all that on manufacturer's product pages, if you don't know them already. Or Google search for the model and find out more. In Linux there is a command for finding out your hardware information: lshw (that's LSHW, or, to be easier to remember LiSt HardWare). You can try that on Mac as well. Though we don't need everything that command will output.  But alexanderq is right. So far, you are the only one with this issue (or at least the first one I know). Which means that something is specific to your hardware. So, in order to be able to at least guess what can be wrong with that, we need to know some hardware details like the ones I mentioned above.

I think its related to theme on clover, or clover itself, cause when i was on chameleon the issue was not heppend

There is my hardware details : HP ProBook 4540s H0W34ES, Intel Core i3-3110M, BIOS F.41: Dual Boot : OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 / Windows 8.1 Professional

Also, i have runed the lspci -nn commande on linux. Note that the wifi card was replaced with an atheros 9280 :)

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lspci -nn

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller [8086:0154] (rev 09)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)

00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller [8086:1e31] (rev 04)

00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1e3a] (rev 04)

00:1a.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1e2d] (rev 04)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1e10] (rev c4)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 [8086:1e14] (rev c4)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 [8086:1e16] (rev c4)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:1e1a] (rev c4)

00:1d.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1e26] (rev 04)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller [8086:1e59] (rev 04)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [8086:1e03] (rev 04)

02:00.0 System peripheral [0880]: JMicron Technology Corp. SD/MMC Host Controller [197b:2392] (rev 30)

02:00.2 SD Host controller [0805]: JMicron Technology Corp. Standard SD Host Controller [197b:2391] (rev 30)

02:00.3 System peripheral [0880]: JMicron Technology Corp. MS Host Controller [197b:2393] (rev 30)

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Ralink corp. RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe [1814:3290]

03:00.1 Bluetooth [0d11]: Ralink corp. RT3290 Bluetooth [1814:3298]

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 07)

I think its related to theme on clover, or clover itself, cause when i was on chameleon the issue was not heppend

There is my hardware details : HP ProBook 4540s H0W34ES, Intel Core i3-3110M, BIOS F.41: Dual Boot : OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 / Windows 8.1 Professional

Also, i have runed the lspci -nn commande on linux. Note that the wifi card was replaced with an atheros 9280 :)

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lspci -nn

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller [8086:0154] (rev 09)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)

00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller [8086:1e31] (rev 04)

00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1e3a] (rev 04)

00:1a.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1e2d] (rev 04)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1e10] (rev c4)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 [8086:1e14] (rev c4)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 [8086:1e16] (rev c4)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 [8086:1e1a] (rev c4)

00:1d.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1e26] (rev 04)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller [8086:1e59] (rev 04)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [8086:1e03] (rev 04)

02:00.0 System peripheral [0880]: JMicron Technology Corp. SD/MMC Host Controller [197b:2392] (rev 30)

02:00.2 SD Host controller [0805]: JMicron Technology Corp. Standard SD Host Controller [197b:2391] (rev 30)

02:00.3 System peripheral [0880]: JMicron Technology Corp. MS Host Controller [197b:2393] (rev 30)

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Ralink corp. RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe [1814:3290]

03:00.1 Bluetooth [0d11]: Ralink corp. RT3290 Bluetooth [1814:3298]

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 07)

Looks like a video card issue to me. There is not much performance you can expect from the onboard video chipsets in general. And this is no exception. If the Clover screen looks ok, then it's most likely the kexts. Did you try to use Hackintosh Vietnam Tool (v 1.7.1) or M u l t i B e a s t (v 6.3) to install the appropriate kexts for your video card? If not, I recommend you to do it. Again, if Clover looks ok (the screen where you select which partition to load) when you boot from it, then it's most likely not Clover's fault. And from as far as I can tell, your problem happens after you exit Clover and enter the OS. So this is where I would start.

Looks like a video card issue to me. There is not much performance you can expect from the onboard video chipsets in general. And this is no exception. If the Clover screen looks ok, then it's most likely the kexts. Did you try to use Hackintosh Vietnam Tool (v 1.7.1) or M u l t i B e a s t (v 6.3) to install the appropriate kexts for your video card? If not, I recommend you to do it. Again, if Clover looks ok (the screen where you select which partition to load) when you boot from it, then it's most likely not Clover's fault. And from as far as I can tell, your problem happens after you exit Clover and enter the OS. So this is where I would start.

Yes, its happen just when you exit Clover screen, i dont think its a graphic card problem cause i dont have issues with that, and dont have artefact or glitches.. Everything look ok, even the Clover screen :)

Hello, I hope someone can help!

I'm running latest Clover UEFI. Since updating to 10.9.3 booting hangs at the gray Apple screen. -v indicates hang at:

vm swap subsystem is on

flow_divert_kch_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1

The result is the same booting with -x -v. I can however boot using a Chameleon USB stick, but it only boots with the -v flag.

Thank you!

Hello, I hope someone can help!

I'm running latest Clover UEFI. Since updating to 10.9.3 booting hangs at the gray Apple screen. -v indicates hang at:

vm swap subsystem is on

flow_divert_kch_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1

The result is the same booting with -x -v. I can however boot using a Chameleon USB stick, but it only boots with the -v flag.

Thank you!

Did you use Clover before? Did you use Chameleon before? If you used Chameleon before, did you try uninstalling it?

Yes, its happen just when you exit Clover screen, i dont think its a graphic card problem cause i dont have issues with that, and dont have artefact or glitches.. Everything look ok, even the Clover screen :)

So the OS looks ok, the Clover screen looks ok, but when it exists Clover and tries to load the OS, you get issues? Does this happen with the default theme?

Did you use Clover before? Did you use Chameleon before? If you used Chameleon before, did you try uninstalling it?

So the OS looks ok, the Clover screen looks ok, but when it exists Clover and tries to load the OS, you get issues? Does this happen with the default theme?

Yes, also when you use the default theme.. juste in comparaison with chameleon, when i used it (chameleon) this little gliche doesn't exist, but with clover yes; so i concluded that was surely match with clover.. and maybe with themes.. because when you use a stretched theme the spinning wheel load normally.. So thats why i asked in this section :)

Yes, also when you use the default theme.. juste in comparaison with chameleon, when i used it (chameleon) this little gliche doesn't exist, but with clover yes; so i concluded that was surely match with clover.. and maybe with themes.. because when you use a stretched theme the spinning wheel load normally.. So thats why i asked in this section :)

Your French is probably a lot better than your English. :)) But anyway, since you have a 16:9 aspect ratio display (widescreen) it would be quite normal to use an appropriate theme. But I'm still curious, did you use the exact same kext or kext version you used before, with Chameleon? Which tool did you use to install your graphics kext? or did you use one before? I might be very wrong but this still looks like a kext issue to me. Also, if, by upgrade, you mean you simply installed Mavericks on top of your previous Mac version, then you might want to consider making a clean installation (by formatting the Mac partition and reinstalling the OS) of Mavericks.

Your French is probably a lot better than your English. :)) But anyway, since you have a 16:9 aspect ratio display (widescreen) it would be quite normal to use an appropriate theme. But I'm still curious, did you use the exact same kext or kext version you used before, with Chameleon? Which tool did you use to install your graphics kext? or did you use one before? I might be very wrong but this still looks like a kext issue to me. Also, if, by upgrade, you mean you simply installed Mavericks on top of your previous Mac version, then you might want to consider making a clean installation (by formatting the Mac partition and reinstalling the OS) of Mavericks.

Really sorry for bad english..

I use the same tool and always used it, (Hp probook installer), so, i dont think its related to a kext problem..

About reinstalling osx, its not the problem because i have formated and reinstalled the os before several times with Clover and always same result :)

Yes, I used Clover during 10.9,10.9.1, and 10.9.2. Everything worked flawlessly. But since updating to 10.9.3 via the App Store this problem occurred. 

I have not used Chameleon, I just have a Chameleon boot stick. 

Yes, Clover menu is fine. 

I'm simply stuck on the gray screen with the Apple logo. There isn't even the spinning loading ball. The aspect ratio and resolution is fine. 

Thank you!

Really sorry for bad english..

I use the same tool and always used it, (Hp probook installer), so, i dont think its related to a kext problem..

About reinstalling osx, its not the problem because i have formated and reinstalled the os before several times with Clover and always same result :)

Don't worry about your English. If the kexts are not updated, it can be a kext problem. Did you try newer kexts? A newer version of that tool you're using might also bring newer kexts for Mavericks. (don't forget to make a clean install of those kexts, if you're planning an upgrade, and also delete kextcache so that the system can rebuild it and take your latest kexts into considerayion). So you might want to give that a try. Or, as I said, you could try a more updated tool (if the one you're using is not updated). If that doesn't work, I honestly don't know what is wrong.

Yes, I used Clover during 10.9,10.9.1, and 10.9.2. Everything worked flawlessly. But since updating to 10.9.3 via the App Store this problem occurred.

I have not used Chameleon, I just have a Chameleon boot stick.

Yes, Clover menu is fine.

I'm simply stuck on the gray screen with the Apple logo. There isn't even the spinning loading ball. The aspect ratio and resolution is fine.

Thank you!

Hmmm... you could try booting in single user mode and trying to delete kextcaches and repair permissions on the root folder. I'm not sure your problem is Clover related though... Might be kext related. Try that. See if it works.

Also, you might want to try making a boot stick with Clover instead of Chameleon.

You might also try a newer version of FakeSMC.kext, if the solution above doesn't work for you.