Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

Do you use AppleIntelE1000.kext? If yes i had the similar symptoms. Try disabling ethernet in preferences->network (make inactive) and if you see same beach ball than it's same as me. I have uninstaled AppleIntelE1000.kext and put Intel82566MM.kext instead. Since, i have perfect sleep and wake anytime. You could try also disabling network in BIOS and than sleep, wake sequence...see what that will tell you. My board ASUS X58 rampage III gene.

Where is this kext Intel82566MM.kext   :) 

I am experimenting with Clover's SLIC loading function and trying to load a Dell Server 2.2 SLIC to activate Server 2012 (for educational purposes only :), I much prefer OSX).

After placing SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and rebooting into Windows, I observed that SLIC version, Public Key and Marker were unchanged from my stock BIOS SLIC (Dell M09, ver 2.1) but the XSDT & RSDT are successfully changed to Dell PE_SC3:

post-846696-0-21518000-1388181008_thumb.jpg

Activation cannot succeed until XSDT=RSDT=PubKey=Marker, then loading the corresponding SLIC certificate and key........

• Like 1

Do you use AppleIntelE1000.kext? If yes i had the similar symptoms. Try disabling ethernet in preferences->network (make inactive) and if you see same beach ball than it's same as me. I have uninstaled AppleIntelE1000.kext and put Intel82566MM.kext instead. Since, i have perfect sleep and wake anytime. You could try also disabling network in BIOS and than sleep, wake sequence...see what that will tell you. My board ASUS X58 rampage III gene.

No I only booted with FakeSMC, so no ethernet at this time.

Edit: also enabling ethernet did not change anything. Actually tied some of the fixes clover offers, like WAK but they made things even worse, ie just preventing complete sleep like I have with my main installation. So the "best" result I have withpout any patches, but of course not useful since the machine begins to hang after wake as soon as I try to do anything. Maybe related to storage access?

Anyway, something is not right.

@fusion71au,

What did the log say about injecting?

@frankiee,

You definitely need to make different changes to dsdt for clover. Most likely it's something to do with a hardware element, from what you said it's probably your cpu. I'm not sure any dev has a haswell yet, so there's possibly some issues with them that we don't know. Another thing is that when uefi booting the device tree passed to boot.efi most likely contains devices that aren't completely supported, something that cham does not do because it's legacy. As I recall you didn't have an issue with CloverEFI did you? So the problem is somehow related to firmware.

You definitely need to make different changes to dsdt for clover. Most likely it's something to do with a hardware element, from what you said it's probably your cpu. I'm not sure any dev has a haswell yet, so there's possibly some issues with them that we don't know.

Actually I am on 4930K, not Haswell. Yeah, could be the CPU, or also maybe my newer X79 revision. But how do I know?

Another thing is that when uefi booting the device tree passed to boot.efi most likely contains devices that aren't completely supported, something that cham does not do because it's legacy. As I recall you didn't have an issue with CloverEFI did you? So the problem is somehow related to firmware.

And how do I find out what device it is? At least seems not to be one of the USB devices. As I said, Chameleon works, but I did not try legacy clover.

@fusion71au,

What did the log say about injecting?

I can't see anything in the log about injecting SLIC.aml......however Clover definitely is injecting the XSDT and RSDT when I place the SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and boot into Windows.....

Edit: Enabled logging in config.plist.  Debug log confirms injection of SLIC

54:038  16:711  StartLoader() start

54:062  0:023  Finally: Bus=199453kHz CPU=2493MHz

54:084  0:022  Loading bootmgfw.efi

54:305  0:220  OtherOS: Found Acpi 2.0 RSDP 0xDFA9C000

54:328  0:022  RSDT at DFE7213A

54:350  0:022  XSDT at DFE73A00

54:373  0:022  FADT pointer = DFE7389C

54:397  0:023  found EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\Windows\SLIC.aml

54:435  0:038  Table SLIC.aml inserted.

54:457  0:022  SLIC: Rsdt OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId ' M09    ' to OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId 'PE_SC3  '

54:503  0:045  SLIC: Xsdt OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId ' M09    ' to OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId 'PE_SC3  '

.....however Clover definitely is injecting the XSDT and RSDT when I place the SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows and boot into Windows.....

No, it is not. This is from my ProBook 4340s. It may has a SLIC table in BIOS, but it's locked (and thereforе unavailable to the SLIC Dump Toolkit) and the BIOS is RSA encrypted, preventing it to be modded:

post-60007-0-26403500-1388189386_thumb.png

As you can see, the activation status has nothing to do with the XSDT nor the RSDT table. Also, on a PC without stock SLIC table, you won't be able to see the injected by Clover SLIC table with the SLIC Dump Toolkit, you should use AIDA64 instead.

On your PC you see your stock XSDT/RSDT.

Activation cannot succeed until XSDT=RSDT=PubKey=Marker, then loading the corresponding SLIC certificate and key........

Well, that's not so true. It's all about the SLIC table (and the public key inside it) and the sertificate file (and the private key inside it) or maybe it was the oposite. A piece of random data is being encrypted with the public key and then Windows is trying to decrypt it with the private key. If these two keys matches, it really doesn't matter who is the owner of the product key and which Windows 7 edition is it for, as long as it's an OEM SLP key.

Actually I am on 4930K, not Haswell. Yeah, could be the CPU, or also maybe my newer X79 revision. But how do I know?

And how do I find out what device it is? At least seems not to be one of the USB devices. As I said, Chameleon works, but I did not try legacy clover.

oh same deal for ivy bridge e. Unsure it could be many things... Please see if legacy works for you, as getting that to work well first is first step to uefi clover.

No, it is not. This is from my ProBook 4340s. It may has a SLIC table in BIOS, but it's locked (and thereforе unavailable to the SLIC Dump Toolkit) and the BIOS is RSA encrypted, preventing it to be modded:

attachicon.gifgqil.png

As you can see, the activation status has nothing to do with the XSDT nor the RSDT table. Also, on a PC without stock SLIC table, you won't be able to see the injected by Clover SLIC table with the SLIC Dump Toolkit, you should use AIDA64 instead.

On your PC you see your stock XSDT/RSDT.

Well, that's not so true. It's all about the SLIC table (and the public key inside it) and the sertificate file (and the private key inside it) or maybe it was the oposite. A piece of random data is being encrypted with the public key and then Windows is trying to decrypt it with the private key. If these two keys matches, it really doesn't matter who is the owner of the product key and which Windows 7 edition is it for, as long as it's an OEM SLP key.

Thanks for the reply. 

You raise some valid points about the SLIC Dump Toolkit program not being able to read the RSDT & XSDT tables on your computer due to BIOS being locked.  However my computer is quite a deal older than yours (an XPSm1530 from 2008) and its BIOS is not locked.

I have always been able to confirm the activation status of windows on my computer with the said program (it definitely works in Windows 7 on my computer but I've read of issues with Windows 8).  If you look closely at the screenshot from my earlier post, RSDT & XSDT is able to be read and is = DELL PE_SC3 (from the injected SLIC 2.2)

The PubKey and Marker however are read as the original values from my real BIOS = DELL M09 with SLIC ver 2.1

post-846696-0-43676000-1388234938_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-38288100-1388239652_thumb.jpg

If I remove SLIC.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows, then all the fields RSDT=XSDT=PubKey=Marker=DELL M09 so this proves that Clover is injecting something from the 2.2 SLIC (but maybe not everything or not in the right memory address- I will check later with another program rw-everything).

post-846696-0-16226500-1388234983_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-80714100-1388235016_thumb.jpg

My questions to you are:

1. Are you able to load the Dell 2.2 SLIC (link to post at MDL forums) successfully with Clover in your computer and activate Windows with it (I certainly can if I use Daz loader instead of Clover.  Unfortunately the loader only works on mbr drives)?
  2. If "activation status has nothing to do with the XSDT nor the RSDT table" can you show a successful OEM activation where XSDT/RSDT is not the same/equal to the PubKey & Marker?  Your screenshot only shows blanks (since SLIC Dump Toolkit doesn't work on your computer), not that XSDT/RSDT is not the same as the PubKey & Marker.

Edit rweverything has same results as SLIC dump toolkit.  Will upload ACPI files soon.

@fusion71au,

I don't know what you mean by XSDT/RSDT as those are just the main tables that point to the location of other tables and acpi code. Did you drop your previous SLIC? It sounds like a conflict to me, can you dump tables and see what tables are there? Do you have two SLIC tables? I'm not sure if table dropping actually does anything for windows though, maybe SLIC should be auto dropped if injected but as I recall it was only implemented so I could reinject mine when my new firmware had none.

@magnifico,

Did you try KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true? Or you can use SSDTPrGen to generate for the time being, as I'm unsure really what's going on with haswells and such since I'm poor and still on sandy bridge.

@apianti

Thanks for replying.  My understanding of Windows 7 and Server 2012 OEM licencing is that Windows searches for descriptors in the RSDT/XSDT tables and compares it to the string found in the SLIC eg the string "DELL PE_SC3" is found in the BIOS of Dell Servers while my XPSm1530 laptop BIOS has "DELL M09".

The Daz loader is able to load the Dell v2.2 server SLIC into memory so the string "DELL PE_SC3" is found in the RSDT/XSDT & SLIC tables overwriting the native RSDT/XSDT/SLIC marker/Public Key ie overwrites "DELL M09" with "DELL PE_SC3" (it looks like with Clover, it doesn't overwrite the OEM SLIC, hence 2 SLICs as you suggested).  See this post by Daz

"Microsoft tried to block all loaders from working by denying activation status to systems that have their RSDP located in the EBDA (Extended BIOS Data Area). We've solved this problem"

Unfortunately, the Daz loader only installs on mbr drives and I've converted mine to fully GPT.  I was just wondering if Clover could do the same thing eg like a dsdt, mask the licencing tables with the injected tables from the SLIC in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows.  NB I don't condone piracy and this is purely an educational exercise for me.  My laptop is already OEM licenced with Windows and I much prefer to use OSX anyway.

Together with installing the correct certificate and key using cmd prompt in windows

slmgr -ilc C:\NAME.xrm-ms

slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

this should activate Windows (Vista, Windows 7 with SLIC v2.1 & Server 2012 with SLIC v2.2) - reference MDL post.

For Clover config, I tried dropping the OEM SLIC but doesn't seem to work-->still see 2 SLICs.  Just put SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows following directions in this post by pernacabeluda.

Attached are the ACPI tables I extracted with the rweverything program:

AcpiTblsNative.rw--->Without SLIC.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows

AcpiTblswithCloverSLIC.rw---->With Dell server SLIC 2.2 into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Windows

Edit 1:  Output from Debug.log (after enabling boot logging in config.plist) confirms Clover SLIC injection when booting Windows

54:038  16:711  StartLoader() start
54:062  0:023  Finally: Bus=199453kHz CPU=2493MHz
54:084  0:022  Loading bootmgfw.efi
54:305  0:220  OtherOS: Found Acpi 2.0 RSDP 0xDFA9C000
54:328  0:022  RSDT at DFE7213A
54:350  0:022  XSDT at DFE73A00
54:373  0:022  FADT pointer = DFE7389C
54:397  0:023  found EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\Windows\SLIC.aml
54:435  0:038  Table SLIC.aml inserted.
54:457  0:022  SLIC: Rsdt OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId ' M09    ' to OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId 'PE_SC3  '
54:503  0:045  SLIC: Xsdt OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId ' M09    ' to OEMid 'DELL  ', TabId 'PE_SC3  '

Edit 2: Fixed with the latest build of Clover that drops the OEM SLIC r2427+.  Thanks v much Dmazar :thumbsup_anim:

post-846696-0-41744700-1388318722_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-58270300-1388318745_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-39628100-1388318817_thumb.jpg

ACPITbls.zip

• Like 1

Hi.

To do UEFI boot  u need to select uefi boot option in bios not legacy one.

boot1: error means that u boot legacy...

You need to override your default EDID in System/Library/Displays/Overrides google it 

Hi,

...first of all: You might think thats quite easy or why are you asking for help to do that, BUT in my situation this is kinda impossible. Here is why:

I have clover bootloader working perfectly fine on a 8gb usb formatted MBR and fat. I can boot from it (even though i get artifacts) and therefore i thought i could migrate from chameleon. So i installed clover on my HD for UEFI bios and the EFI partition was mounted. Then i copied the config.plist that was working with usb and replaced the one in EFI. *reboot* Surprisingly, not clover but chameleon bootloader showed up. I've tried the whole process more than twice and other settings, also copied all of the files from usb but no luck...

I ended up with boot1: error

My hard drive is formatted GPT. What am i doing wrong, am i missing any steps?!

If you cant help me with that, do you know why i get graphics artifacts? My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Thank you in advance  :)

regarding the intel 3000 artifacts,You need to override your default EDID in System/Library/Displays/Overrides.google it

:rolleyes:

Hi Slice

Hi Apianti

Hi to all

I tried to google this error :

X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x1f
X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send PStates

I have haswell 4770k 

How can i fix?

Carmine,

I hope Haswell speedstep will be better with Clover 2415+ ,  2420, 2422

Carmine,

I hope Haswell speedstep will be better with Clover 2415+ , 2420, 2422

Suorceforge.net ?

I see 2403

Sergey i dont have clover grow ...i am sorry ...

@magnifico,

Did you try KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true? Or you can use SSDTPrGen to generate for the time being, as I'm unsure really what's going on with haswells and such since I'm poor and still on sandy bridge.

Why kernelpm ?

Mhmm ... I do not have sudden restarts or KP

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1972349

• Like 1

i need some help i installed 10.9.1 maverick 

here my system specs 

Here are the specs:
i7 3930K
Intel DX79SI
Bios SIX910J.86A.0525.2012.0709.1221
32 GB DDR3 667MHz
NVIDIA Quadro 600

I'm having problems with quadro  600 and little laggy ..performance is an issue anyone have any solutions ?

ok Sergey now i don't have spam in kernel log 

but now i see this 

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
  -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

Ok, dropping of original SLIC if new SLIC is injected is in Clover rev 2427.

Hi Dmazar welcome ..how are you?

I'll never forget first aid , you are a very humble guy , i wish you a Happy new year

:rolleyes:

why restart dont work from GUI clover????

• Like 1

oh same deal for ivy bridge e. Unsure it could be many things... Please see if legacy works for you, as getting that to work well first is first step to uefi clover.

Booting in legacy exhibits the same problem! So it seems NOT to be UEFI related, but still something with clover. (As chameleon works).

OK, what can I do next?

Edit: PS: FWIW, I also use dual UEFI booting with Win 8.1. Sleep works in Win like a charm.

I'm friends with a question regarding the configuration of a specific starting CloverEFI in HD!

I have two hd's. An installed the Mavericks 10.9.1 which I use as the main system and another installed 10.9.2 Mavericks (Build13C32 beta) for testing. Except that when I boot the boot by CloverEFI, he fires up the HD test and not on my main system. How do I change the automatic boot hd test for my main?