Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

OK, so I had to completely reinstall Clover and then the EFI partition reappeared. But updateing the BIOS also did not change anything at a first glance.

But, when installing Clover from scratch, and using the default patch settings (and no custom DSDT), the sleep behavior is actually a bit different: now, the machine completely shuts down, but the power light does go off (and does not blink as it should). Now, when I press the power button again, the machine starts up, but monitor stays black and after a few secs the machine shuts down again. And again, the only way out of this loops seems to force shutdown the computer.

OK, so I had to completely reinstall Clover and then the EFI partition reappeared. But updateing the BIOS also did not change anything at a first glance.

But, when installing Clover from scratch, and using the default patch settings (and no custom DSDT), the sleep behavior is actually a bit different: now, the machine completely shuts down, but the power light does go off (and does not blink as it should). Now, when I press the power button again, the machine starts up, but monitor stays black and after a few secs the machine shuts down again. And again, the only way out of this loops seems to force shutdown the computer.

have you try another boot loader?

@Hackintosher1,

Means the uefi boot is failing and falling back to the next boot option which is legacy. You probably didn't add a uefi boot option for clover, or make sure \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi exists because it probably doesn't.

i have the file, but im not sure how to add it as boot option. my bios says: /path/filename.efi

Yes, had Chameleon before, without sleep problems. So the problem still points to something with clover. But what is it? How can I find out?

Mhmm I thought so, try to sleep enabler.kext for now ....and see if that solves the problem with the kext, then wait .... Sergey if he reads your post .... definitely will give you more help ... even Apianti can help

@Hackintosher1,

\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi is the default path for an efi bootable device, so if it's there it will boot it when you select the drive for uefi boot. Normally it has UEFI: DRIVE NAME. Otherwise use bcfg from efi shell or efibootmgr from Linux to add boot entry.

@frankiee,

Problem is with your firmware, efi and bios use different methods to sleep, efi is more complicated so problems appear more often. Probably your dsdt it's wrong, probably has to do with usb or cpu.

@christ1111,

Not sure that you can change it you'll have Christmas theme all week I think.

I am used this tactic   delete my nvram and I put  the entire orange themes on the folder christmas and its work  :rofl:  :w00t: 

Why  this christmas themes is set at  default themes  :yes:

• Like 1

It didn't worked for me. I've cleared the NVRAM with sudo nvram -c, but Clover still loads the christmas theme by default. I could rename any theme to christmas and force Clover to use it instead, but that's not the point. Why Clover doesn't obey the settings in config.plist? Is this a kind of "easter egg"?

Sorry, guys, but I still have the problem. I installed the latest version and removed the christmas theme from themes folder and the only thing that has changed is Clover has started to load the bluemac theme by default (because alphabetically it's the first theme) and that's not the theme from my config file (Mavs Style). Tried to clear nvram with nvram -c (even in single user mode), even deleted /nvram.plist, but nothing changed. In the Clover window, when I go to Options/Themes, the theme is still set to christmas and it no longer exists in the themes folder. Any suggestions?

You can't change the theme from Christmas until the new year, then it will be the new year theme until the seventh.

Is this by design? Why didn't you say so? :D  Most of us are no coders (well, not that kind of coders). Ok, I'll just use the "fake christmas trick" then...

OK, so can anybody help me after all?

Just confirmed that chameleon still sleeps OK, (with the same DSDT) so I still think that this is actually a clover problem. Another observation: I actually could get Clover to sleep, but ONLY at the login screen and only if I haven't logged in before. As soon as I log in, sleep does not work anymore, even if I log out again. And if clover sleeps, I can only wake up using the power button.

Also saw that while Chameleon reports the CPU as "XEON", Clover reports it as "unknown". So, could the sleep prob related to the CPU? I am using a 4930K.

OK, so I went one step further ahead, and installed OS X on a fresh USB drive. Also installed a fresh copy of clover and set up the absolute minimum config, ie no DSDT or SSDT patches whatsoever and FakeSMC being the only loaded kext. Now, the System does actually go to sleep, ie shuts down completely and presents a blinking power light!

BUT: unfortunately, the oddities continue. Now, when trying to wake up, the System comes to life, but monitor stays black and I have to press a random key on my keayboard a second time to actually see a picture. But now, the System is in a very odd state. I cannot launch anything now, and if I try then after a while, the cursor just beachballs. Also restart, shutdown etc does just nothing but beachballing, and despite sleep working somewhat better, the only "solution" to get out of this strange state is actually a hard reset again, by poressing the power buttons for some seconds.

I also tried again with disconnecting every USB device except boot drive, keyboard and mouse, but same symptoms. What now? Any insights greatly appreciated.

Do you use AppleIntelE1000.kext? If yes i had the similar symptoms. Try disabling ethernet in preferences->network (make inactive) and if you see same beach ball than it's same as me. I have uninstaled AppleIntelE1000.kext and put Intel82566MM.kext instead. Since, i have perfect sleep and wake anytime. You could try also disabling network in BIOS and than sleep, wake sequence...see what that will tell you. My board ASUS X58 rampage III gene.

• Like 1