Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Have you managed to install Monterey yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not yet

18 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Did your hackintosh stop after completetion of kernel patching (******************************* appears) ?

exact

if you've taken those patches, they're tailor-made on its TRX40, so I don't think they work best on ryzen

if someone with AMD ryzen and already monterey wants to try these kernelToPatch, finally from me starts macOS but I have not yet installed monterey.
I created the config in a way I didn't want to do, but given the current inability to translate the OC kernel patches in full, this could be an effective temporary solution for everyone.
Basically I took mine in use kerneltopatch for mojave, catalina and big sur, then of those of OC I translated and named 12.x 12 only those that serve for monterey

CLOVER_17H_19H_MJ_CT_BS+MRbeta1_iCan.plist

• Like 2

if someone with AMD ryzen and already monterey wants to try these kernelToPatch, finally from me starts macOS but I have not yet installed monterey.
I created the config in a way I didn't want to do, but given the current inability to translate the OC kernel patches in full, this could be an effective temporary solution for everyone.
Basically I took mine in use kerneltopatch for mojave, catalina and big sur, then of those of OC I translated and named 12.x 12 only those that serve for monterey

What do you mean by temporary solution?

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

What do you mean by temporary solution?

in the sense that I would like to find a way to make functional the simple translation of OC patches for Clover and not my solution for mojace, catalina, big sur + the only patches apart from monterey 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Slice said:

Why Count=0?

I have also propose to use more human name for procedures:

instead of "_i386_switch_lbrs" you'd better write "i386_switch_lbrs".

sorry if I insist, but in your opinion Counts how should it be set up to make it work best with Clover?

16 hours ago, iCanaro said:

CLOVER_17H_19H_MJ_CT_BS+MRbeta1_iCan.plist 41.26 kB · 5 downloads

Hi, Could you Please Share your Efi Folder without your Serial. I am on Ryzen 3600 + MSI x570 A Pro. I have Installed Monterey beta 1 using Opencore. I am new to Clover Bootloader.  so please Share your Clover EFI. Thank You!

I couldn’t boot my already installed (with OC) with these patches.

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is there any reason Clover cannot adopt OC’s KerneltoPatch? For us AMD users it would be a blessing.

I have successfully translated OC kerneltopatches for Clover several times and made available to everyone.
I'm not a programmer, a developer but a simple enthusiast, so I don't always have answers to questions, but from my point of view the issue now with this latest version of the patches, or there's a bug in Clover where it doesn't apply something properly in kerneltopatches, or some developers should tell us any mistakes we make in translating patches from OC to Clover

11 hours ago, iamprabhuantony said:

Hi, Could you Please Share your Efi Folder without your Serial. I am on Ryzen 3600 + MSI x570 A Pro. I have Installed Monterey beta 1 using Opencore. I am new to Clover Bootloader.  so please Share your Clover EFI. Thank You!

I ran out of space to uplod files, click in signature and find the EFI I put 

• Like 1

I ran out of space to uplod files, click in signature and find the EFI I put 

And you do a fantastic job my friend, my post was just a question to the Clover devs to see if Clover can use the same kerneltopatch as oc. Then no translation would be needed.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:43 PM, Slice said:

Second compilation resolved the problem:

CLOVERX64.efi.zip 698.16 kB · 16 downloads

Hello everyone, hello @Slice I have been using this "corrected" r5136 version for some time, without issues except Custom Entries.

For the love of me, I have been doing many tests and either no icons ever appear on the boot screen or the one that appears fails to boot Big Sur.

Finally after checking some shared config.plist files in earlier pages, I managed to show an icon for PreBoot container:

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		[...]
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				   <dict>
					<key>CustomLogo</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Finally PreBoot</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<true/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Title</key>
					<string>Just PreBoot</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>95052FAF-1CDA-4FE0-A720-98F1EA09D664</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
					<string>Internal</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	[...]

So the icon appears but when I boot (verbose) I get after a couple of verbose pages something about not being able to mount root or similar.

The Volume data/ID was retrieved from the boot log of Clover:

0:748  0:000  - [00]: 'Big Sur'
0:748  0:000      Checking volume "EFI" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x17,0x0)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,FBE1ACEF-BC5C-494E-9793-46EE27B47E99,0x800,0x32000)) ... skipped because volume does not match
0:748  0:000      Checking volume "EFI" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1D,0x4)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,52-C4-C1-91-38-E4-D2-5C)\HD(1,GPT,71BF5FC3-4AD1-41E8-8AA1-A943E33A017E,0x28,0x64000)) ... skipped because volume does not match
0:748  0:000      Checking volume "Preboot" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1D,0x4)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,52-C4-C1-91-38-E4-D2-5C)\HD(2,GPT,95052FAF-1CDA-4FE0-A720-98F1EA09D664,0x64028,0x3B97D260)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,A393FCACDEAA034693B76232A5B6BCE8)) ... skipped because volume is hidden
0:748  0:000      Checking volume "Intel NVMe - Data" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1D,0x4)\Pci(0x0,0x0)\NVMe(0x1,52-C4-C1-91-38-E4-D2-5C)\HD(2,GPT,95052FAF-1CDA-4FE0-A720-98F1EA09D664,0x64028,0x3B97D260)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,12AC4AEDA939D443B80728A6049F074D)) ...   - search volume 'ACFC93A3-AADE-4603-93B7-6232A5B6BCE8', but MediaPath 'ED4AAC12-39A9-43D4-B807-28A6049F074D'

I am not sure what is going on and why, since the same Volume is selected as the "Preboot" detected by Clover, I don't get to boot?

@Slice is the build r5136 that you fixed, possibly not booting custom entries correctly?

Please, can some kind soul post their config section with Custom Entries that work and confirm it's on the r5136?

In previous Clover releases, we had <key> for "Path" that worked fine for Catalina, e.g. \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi key.

Do we still need a "Path" for Big Sur and what would be the contents, with volume UUID or not?

Thank you again..!

10 hours ago, Slice said:

And why the Preboot volume is hidden? You must start Preboot volume.

I hide everything in GUI -> Hidethat gets detected so I can place my own Custom Entries icons, is that not correct?

I use MacOS and Windows in 2 separate drives and want to add just 2 icons pointing to the correct disk/partition/container etc.

Otherwise I will get a "Preboot" entry shown in the main screen, like some other EFI and Windows icons...

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Legacy</string>
			<string>Preboot</string>
			<string>Recovery</string>
			<string>Windows</string>
		</array>
[...]

Thanks for any advice @Slice and everyone.

Edited by MacKonsti

On 7/2/2021 at 7:56 PM, iCanaro said:

sorry if I insist, but in your opinion Counts how should it be set up to make it work best with Clover?

I think we can neglect those warning by CloverValidator because I can boot FX-6300 at Monterey beta1 now !

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.50.02 PM.png

config-Clover-M5A-Monterey.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MacKonsti said:

I hide everything in GUI -> Hidethat gets detected so I can place my own Custom Entries icons, is that not correct?

I use MacOS and Windows in 2 separate drives and want to add just 2 icons pointing to the correct disk/partition/container etc.

Otherwise I will get a "Preboot" entry shown in the main screen, like some other EFI and Windows icons...

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Legacy</string>
			<string>Preboot</string>
			<string>Recovery</string>
			<string>Windows</string>
		</array>
[...]

Thanks for any advice @Slice and everyone.

Hi @MacKonsti Clover boot Big Sur or Monterey via Preboot despite Big Sur or Monterey icons are showing up. So don't hide Preboot, if you want to start macOS :) @Slice already says that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Matgen84 yes thank you, I did keep in mind what @Slice wrote, indeed.

I am of course not complaining, just seeking help if others made Custom Entries work well.

The idea is to hide all icons on Clover boot screen and use only custom entries -- but seems it doesn't work on Big Sur and newer. OK I accept that.

If anyone has experimented with Custom Entries, feel welcome to send me a PM so we don't flood the thread. Thanks again.

Does clover 5137 require a specific named icns file for Monterey in the boot GUI, or is this a theme issue? 

Created a custom icon for Monterey for BGM theme but have to name it os_mac.icns to display for Monterey.

Since this is the forum for clover, can someone tell me if clover 5137 can use different numbered folders under kexts directory in order to load different kexts for multiboot mac OS versions.

Example: folder named 10.15 for Catalina, folder named 11 for Big Sur and folder named 12 for Monterey.

If so, what is the exact folder nomenclature for these versions?

Edited by HenryV

10 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

I think we can neglect those warning by CloverValidator because I can boot FX-6300 at Monterey beta1 now !

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.50.02 PM.png

would you mind to share the amd fx patch for clover monterey.TIA

Hi [mention=1110743]Matgen84[/mention] yes thank you, I did keep in mind what [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] wrote, indeed.
I am of course not complaining, just seeking help if others made Custom Entries work well.
The idea is to hide all icons on Clover boot screen and use only custom entries -- but seems it doesn't work on Big Sur and newer. OK I accept that.
If anyone has experimented with Custom Entries, feel welcome to send me a PM so we don't flood the thread. Thanks again.

I’ve inboxed you.

163401003_ScreenShot2021-07-04at8_50_02PM.png.ba32035e2ecb10b411ec89e279e641ef.png

I can’t even boot Monterey with Clover on my Ryzen system yet, how did you get fx system to work?

8 hours ago, HenryV said:

Does clover 5137 require a specific named icns file for Monterey in the boot GUI, or is this a theme issue? 

Created a custom icon for Monterey for BGM theme but have to name it os_mac.icns to display for Monterey.

Since this is the forum for clover, can someone tell me if clover 5137 can use different numbered folders under kexts directory in order to load different kexts for multiboot mac OS versions.

Example: folder named 10.15 for Catalina, folder named 11 for Big Sur and folder named 12 for Monterey.

If so, what is the exact folder nomenclature for these versions?

Hi @HenryV Since 25 days, there is a specific name for Monterey Badges: os_monterey

Spoiler

1655900920_Capturedcran2021-07-0507_09_00.png.c7c728325eaff2a35b3ef58d81c23ab4.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cyrhex said:

would you mind to share the amd fx patch for clover monterey.TIA

It was attached at original post here.

• Like 1

@SavageAUS if you want to try these kerneltopatches, they should be the exact translation of those of OC.
NB: anyone can check them if there are errors or forgetfulness

CLOVER_17H_19H_patches_All 3.plist

I double-checked the quirks in my AMD hack and they are identical between Clover and OC
With MONTEREY Boot OC, Clover doesn't start anything with the translation of the latest kerneltopatch

• Like 2

This is why I put the question out there about using OC’s kerneltopatch in clover at least for AMD machines.
Maybe a simple if statement?
If cpu-type = Intel {
Run clover kerneltopatch patch
}
Else if cpu-type = amd {
Run OC kerneltopatch
}
I know it’s not that simple but hopefully a dev will see and have some input.

• Thanks 1