Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Still doesn't work :( I installed EvoReboot.kext with KextHelper, then Repair permissions in DiskUtility and restart.

I will try to recreate kernel cache manually by the terminal:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions"

And I will report back.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Unfortunately it's not work for me :( I tried every possible way :)

Thanks Shane :)

One last attempt for you. If it doesn't work then I'm not sure why.

mach_kernel.zip

• Like 1

Is this kernel related?  Got this message when trying to launch Pro Tools 11.  Not sure if it's the kernel or if my processor actually doesn't support SSSE3 LOL

Your CPU doesn't, the devs have tried to emulate as much as possible but some apps have their own SSSE3 checks.

Favour for anyone with Xcode to test please, too many mix of different Xcode's & cmdtools on my side... Uploading a xnu-builder with git clone from sinetek's.

• Like 2

Try this kernel. Just shutdown normally using it. Also noticed that my Launchpad is sorted but that is nothing to do with me lol.

attachicon.gifmach_kernel.zip

Also this is the Mobo Sinetek has http://www.msi.com/product/mb/890FXA-GD70.html#?div=Detail

Thanks Shaneee!

Sleep and Shutdown work for me now. I just have some issues about the Restart. 

One last attempt for you. If it doesn't work then I'm not sure why.

attachicon.gifmach_kernel.zip

I think the only strange things I have with restarts, is that when it restarts it's like a hard power off and on. The computer turns off completely for 5 seconds and powers back on, instead of just going back to the boot logo. No idea if that's something with the power in the kernel or what.

Without VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext

I'm still get pink launchpad with all sinetek kernel

With VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext

sinetek_v2 : everything is ok no pink, no shutdown problem

sinetek_v4 : audio lag in VLC, shutdwon problem , can't save editing on preview

shanee kernel : shutdown OK,  can't save editing on preview

for shutdown/reboot send your FACP and DSDT tables and i'll see what i can do.

also the reboot right now is a hack, looking into adding ACPI reboot :-)

TSC is a complete hack, it seems to give everybody trouble.. time to get my hands dirty and look at the FreeBSD code i guess

• Like 2

for shutdown/reboot send your FACP and DSDT tables and i'll see what i can do.

also the reboot right now is a hack, looking into adding ACPI reboot :-)

TSC is a complete hack, it seems to give everybody trouble.. time to get my hands dirty and look at the FreeBSD code i guess

I can get you any file you want, just say or write in PM :)

FACP and DSDT (from darwinDumper)

FACP = FADT...

TSC is a hack and also the old network card built in = false  really messes up things for app updates....

Chameleon doesn't work and maybe dsdt mod might work.

On hacked Intel box... the network card shows as built in...en0, but on the amd shows as en0 but not builtin...

@Shaneee

@Sinetek

all last 7 kernels give this error

OPEMU:  lock cmpxchg16b [rdi]

4 times this line and then

MACH reboot

interesting, it seems you have one of the very first amd64 cpu's .. it can't run windows 8.1 either.

i'm not sure how to add support for it. there are only 2 lines inside the kernel that cause problems, so it might be possible

• Like 1

interesting, it seems you have one of the very first amd64 cpu's .. it can't run windows 8.1 either.

i'm not sure how to add support for it. there are only 2 lines inside the kernel that cause problems, so it might be possible

win8.1 x64 not run only x32

win8 x64 and x32 run

ML 10.8.5 works fine  :)

10.9.1 with Sinetek`s V4 here.

Normal icons, no artefacts

Launchpad normal

Reboot  normal

ShutDown normal

Snappier system overall...

Not working:

Sleep - it just powers off

Without "cpus=1" stuck at "waiting for boot device" - can`t pass through this on any kernel

EDIT: Tried VoodooTSCSync, edited it`s info.plist, still no success..

Edited by hiperborean
[Edited to post my comment about cpus=1 as moving my post to pre-release]. Just a test try VoodooTSCSync for cpus=1 and see if that sorts it out (ALWAYS remember to edit the kext for the amount of cores you have)

10.9.1 with Sinetek's v4 on Athlon II X4 / 760G / GeForce 210. Everything seems to be ok, except shutdown (I see it will be fixed in next release). I don't use sleep mode on my desktop, so can't say anything here.

10.9.2 is only for developers as of now. As I remember, only those enrolled in Apple Dev Program can get pre-releases.