Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I have a FX 8120 and gtx 580 on a asus m5a97 evo (not r2) trying to boot maverick. my screen just goes blank but no restart about when install screen should open. Tried with boot flags npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabled=Yes and No PCIRootUID=1 and 0 -v

I have a similar iron, all the boot flag: -v npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 

This is not a support thread. Please make you post in the appropiate place...

• Like 1

Not only... but I can understand Bronzovka.

If you work really hard to create something it's always cool to get a little reward.

@Bronzovka: Do you have Paypal? If not, create one... post your e-mail address here.

I'm sure somebody will give you a donation as you've done a lot for the AMD project.

@Somebody who can't understand that: check the code... the caching (including TLB) and cpu freq detection code is Bronzovka's... not to mention some improvements to the opemu.... he deserves to get something too...

EDIT: Oh yeah and I forgot to mention the new style PAT fix... Sinetek made the graphics fix by disabling PAT (Page Attribute Table).

Bronzovka understood what was wrong and added code to change WT (WriteThrough) in WC (WriteCombine) on AMD CPU's so it would work just fine...

This made using PAT graphics fix fully supported...

Also, in my opinion, a lot of talk for a guy with only 15 posts...

I've been around since early times (10.4.1 developer Intel edition) and have seen a lot of devs leave because of talk like that...

Choose your words more carefully...

East-Europe stick together, what a surprise.

I totally agree it is nice that he gets a reward for his work. But by the way, he wrote like that he quit if we don't pay money. So he almost force us to donate, that's not OK!

Fact is: At his statement and my reaction to it, it doesn't weight how much he worked, how much u believe to know or even how much postings i got :) . So claim down and choose your words more carefully as u tell me before.

Sad to see that Mod's are delete my post cause they don't like my opinion.

I totally agree it is nice that he gets a reward for his work. But by the way, he wrote like that he quit if we don't pay money. So he almost force us to donate, that's not OK!

Fact is: At his statement and my reaction to it, it doesn't weight how much he worked, how much u believe to know or even how much postings i got :) . So claim down and choose your words more carefully as u tell me before.

Lol )))

I don't requirement from you .
One problem - situation and i need temporarily close )

Hi Traace

Thing is the Mod's DIDN'T delete your posts, but instead are viewable only to those that feel it is needed.

I feel we are all talking this a bit far now and for the sake of the AMD community & peace leave it at those that feel the dev's deserve credit & money for the work done can donate.

• Like 4

Hello Bronya!

mach_10.8.5_rc5 + OSX 10.8.5 installed to hard drive in portable bay tested on 2 different AMD setups (boot from USB)

1. AMD Netbook:
AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325
4GB Patriot DDR2 800
ATI Radeon HD 3200

Works great never a kernel panic!

2. AMD Desktop
AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ Toledo
4GB Patriot DDR 400
PNY GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

Opemu invalid user 64-bit opcode: F0 48 F C7 F 75 EF 5B
12/2/13 6:03:30.000 AM    kernel[0]    *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

i see others with AMD family 15 processors that have 10.9 and 10.8.5 running. is it possible there different kernel instructions inside each cpu family?
thank you again work all your hard work!

Hello Bronya!

mach_10.8.5_rc5 + OSX 10.8.5 installed to hard drive in portable bay tested on 2 different AMD setups (boot from USB)

1. AMD Netbook:

AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325

4GB Patriot DDR2 800

ATI Radeon HD 3200

Works great never a kernel panic!
2. AMD Desktop

4GB Patriot DDR 400

Opemu invalid user 64-bit opcode: F0 48 F C7 F 75 EF 5B
12/2/13 6:03:30.000 AM    kernel[0]    *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***
i see others with AMD family 15 processors that have 10.9 and 10.8.5 running. is it possible there different kernel instructions inside each cpu family?

thank you again work all your hard work!

try it 

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/releases/download/10.8.5_v1/mach_kernel

I have works fine

i tried the same tests with Sinetek kernel. i will have to try the mavericks one too, thank you Sinetek

10.8.5_v1 + OSX 10.8.5 installed to hard drive in portable bay tested on 2 different AMD setups (boot from USB)

1. AMD Netbook:

AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325

4GB Patriot DDR2 800

ATI Radeon HD 3200

Worked great in my tests!

2. AMD Desktop:

4GB Patriot DDR 400

invalid opcode panic

post-15891-0-75235000-1387001194_thumb.jpg

Bronya and other developers

when you are developing the kernel of mavericks that I'm trying,

but all I found problems with the audio with both applehda patchto with both VoodooHDA, I find myself always a sound delay,

the cause may be the kernel?

Christmas comes early this year!

Now seems the good time to announce that I have made major changes to the opcode emulator, short of fully rewriting it. Dare I say the code looks a fair bit better now, and it should be easier to add support for other instruction sets.

I still have some testing to do, however, but it shouldn't be very long before you guys can try this new engine! More info later, stay tuned.

A fun new feature that is in the plans is support for SSE3, so I will need more Intel and AMD testers!

-- Sinetek

=============================

Initial build available at:

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/releases/tag/10.9.0_v2

Source is available at:

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/tree/master/osfmk/OPEMU

The bug hunt is open, have fun!

Features:

[x] No more pink icons

[x] SSSE3

[~] SSE4.2, initial support for pcmpistri

[x] Able to reboot

==============================

Build 2, fixed (some) heisenbugs

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/releases/tag/10.9.0_v3

==============================

Build 4,  initial sse4.2 support

Should run much faster in general.

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/releases/tag/10.9.0_v4

• Like 18

Sinetek, with the last two kernel of Andy and Bronya with Phenom II X6 T1100 I have no problems with pink icons!! :)

the sytem is working still, very neat and very reliable :yes:

Edit:

I will also be testing your kernel as soon as I'm home

Edited by spakk

your kernel works perfectly, the first time I was able to boot with the DSDT.aml
now after a few
minutes after I was in the desktop, has the mouse and the keyboard adopted. no problems with pink icons!! too

Now seems the good time to announce that I have made major changes to the opcode emulator, short of fully rewriting it. Dare I say the code looks a fair bit better now, and it should be easier to add support for other instruction sets.

I still have some testing to do, however, but it shouldn't be very long before you guys can try this new engine! More info later, stay tuned.

A fun new feature that is in the plans is support for SSE3, so I will need more Intel and AMD testers!

-- Sinetek

Source is available at:

Features:

[x] No more pink icons

[x] SSSE3

Will try it soon and let you know ;)

next test with these boot flag: -v -f npci=2000 ahcidisk=1 debug=8 darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1 dart=0

mouse and keyboard are back :hysterical: :hysterical:
  :hysterical:

I run just the update with Adobe Applications Manager to look after it all works

you are the true perfectionists :w00t: :drool:
  :thumbsup_anim: :hysterical:

-- Sinetek

Source is available at:

Features:

[x] No more pink icons

[x] SSSE3

Tested this kernel, still have pink icons.  Hardware listed in my sig.  

Thankful and appreciative of your work either way!  Merry Christmas!!  :thumbsup_anim:

the update still needs almost five hours, I think I hackintosh my overnight at'll leave.