Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Try this kernel. Just shutdown normally using it. Also noticed that my Launchpad is sorted but that is nothing to do with me lol.

attachicon.gifmach_kernel.zip

Also this is the Mobo Sinetek has http://www.msi.com/product/mb/890FXA-GD70.html#?div=Detail

Omg, people still buy MSI {censored} products? That's why u PC died ^^. He just suicide. Dont blame him for that u would do the same

Never noticed that. Give me a few minutes.

Edit: Built from Sinetek's latest edits. Includes ACPI restart support. Assuming this is V6 now as shudown would have been V5 :)

attachicon.gifmach_kernel.zip

thanks, i've posted a new release

https://github.com/sinetek/xnu/releases/tag/10.9.0_v6

i haven't had the courage to dig into yall's ACPI tables yet :rolleyes: 

@tragediana   your FACP is missing the reset register thingy. it's an easy fix, i'll just make it reboot by poking the default PCI bus.

• Like 4

@tragediana   your FACP is missing the reset register thingy. it's an easy fix, i'll just make it reboot by poking the default PCI bus.

I don't understand it, but it's ok :D So I need to wait for your another release, yep? Or what? :)

so I tried with your v6_kernel but I can't shutdown and reboot again :(

I must doing something wrong (because it's working with others users) but I don't know what is it...Becuse you mentioned only that there is easy fix for my reboot, so the shutdown should work properly without this fix and with your latest v6_kernel...I'm lost now... :(

Edited by tragediana150

there are ways to make the P-State Control? I put VoodooPState, appeared 4 modes, but the frequencies were determined not true, 1000-800-800-800, just not correct voltage is determined.

есть способы сделать P-State Control? я ставил VoodooPState, появлялось 4 режима, но частоты определялись не верные, 1000-800-800-800, так же не правильный вольтаж определяется.

Everyone concerned about iMessage, go sign up for a Google Voice # (it's free) and install GrowlVoice.  App lives in your menubar, and you can text all your friends (not just iMessage users) til your heart's content LOL

…and drop the iMessage convo already LOL

5U6iX.jpg

• Like 3

@bronya  Halp! fx fix?

Yes , i need have free time )
I tried your kernel v6, working :
1) reboot is ok 
2) shutdown is ok 
3) "sleep" don't is working .

But with my kernel working :
1) reboot is ok 
2) shutdown is ok 
3) sleep is ok , but if after enable power button - is reboot ... 

your kernel shows :

hw.optional.floatingpoint: 1

hw.optional.mmx: 1

hw.optional.sse: 1

hw.optional.sse2: 1

hw.optional.sse3: 1

hw.optional.supplementalsse3: 0 <-- disable 

hw.optional.sse4_1: 1

hw.optional.sse4_2: 0 <-- disable

hw.optional.x86_64: 1

hw.optional.aes: 1

hw.optional.avx1_0: 1

hw.optional.rdrand: 0

• Like 5

Yes , i need have free time )
I tried your kernel v6, working :
1) reboot is ok 
2) shutdown is ok 
3) "sleep" don't is working .

But with my kernel working :
1) reboot is ok 
2) shutdown is ok 
3) sleep is ok , but if after enable power button - is reboot ... 

your kernel shows :

hw.optional.floatingpoint: 1

hw.optional.mmx: 1

hw.optional.sse: 1

hw.optional.sse2: 1

hw.optional.sse3: 1

hw.optional.supplementalsse3: 0

hw.optional.sse4_1: 1

hw.optional.sse4_2: 0

hw.optional.x86_64: 1

hw.optional.aes: 1

hw.optional.avx1_0: 1

hw.optional.rdrand: 0

Bronya I work with your latest kernel, it works excellent, but I must honestly confess no matter what kernel we highlight here, you all have done a great work. two years working behind the other class involved here of all. and now after effects works without problems. :w00t: :drool: :thumbsup_anim: :hysterical: :rofl: :yes:

Edited by spakk
  • Like 4

I've tried deleting some kexts from my Extra folder, but it's not help.

1.Deleted corecrypto.kext - no shutdown / no reboot

2.Deleted AppleRTCMavericksPatched.kext - no shutdown / no reboot

3.Repair permissions with DiskUtility - no change

4.Used MyHack MyFix - no change

(All that with v6_kernel)

I just thought that maybe some kexts blocking my shutdown and reboot but no :(

P.S. Now I am using only AppleNForceATA.kext and TSCSync.kext and v6_kernel boots perfectly, but no shut and reboot.

EDIT: I also used a DSDT without flags and there was a KP. With flags too so...

@Sinetek - What do you mean with the default PCI Bus? Is it something connected with flag -PCIRootUID=1?

Because I have no idea right now what is the problem on my Mavericks.

Edited by tragediana150

Bronya I work with your latest kernel, it works excellent, but I must honestly confess no matter what kernel we highlight here, you all have done a great work. two years working behind the other class involved here of all. and now after effects works without problems. :w00t::drool::thumbsup_anim::hysterical::rofl::yes:

which kernel?Beta rc4?

Can someone PLZZZZ. . .Fix kernel so photoshop can work normally (crash on Black and White process. . .etc)

Tnx ;)

Search for mmxcore in this thread, bronya posted a modified version while ago you need to replace it inside the adobe apps you've installed...

interesting, it seems you have one of the very first amd64 cpu's .. it can't run windows 8.1 either.

i'm not sure how to add support for it. there are only 2 lines inside the kernel that cause problems, so it might be possible

me too :(

pic from 10.9.0_v1 ...10.9.0_v4 stuck at PCI Configuration

interesting, i just learned that windows 8.1 doesnt support this cpu from you guys

EDIT: after some reading i can only find 1 socket 939 that supports CMPXCHG16B Athlon 64 X2 3800+

seems as though socket AM2 has more cpus that support CMPXCHG16B Athlon 64 X2 4800+

favorite quote while reading up on 8.1 + old amd, from TK@guru3d: "what a coincidence, I do not support windows 8.1" :)

post-15891-0-02873900-1387697515_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

which kernel?Beta rc4?

mach_kernel_beta_rc4_fix (last version) by bronya or  Andys mach_kernel_rc4 (last version)work with my hardware very good.

Search for mmxcore in this thread, bronya posted a modified version while ago you need to replace it inside the adobe apps you've installed...

I installed yesterday the last Update 10.9.2 and all Adobe updates and now all tools run without problems.

so far no crashes get with after effects and the other tools

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

if there is interest, I invite like this data in my working builds?? :)

I will upload the same from my /System/Library/Extensions folder (once Extensions from Mavericks 10.9 and the other Extensions from Mavericks 10.9.2)

then my extra folder as well as my root data in my (AMD) Working builds!
what you should note is her:
this file 10de_1244.rom based on my graphics card -> GTX 550 TI because you have to create your own !
An appropriate DSDT.aml for my system!  you have to create your own!
Add to lean on my Chameleon.boot.plist you thought about your can adjust the boot flags that are suitable for your system! Furthermore, an EFI string for your graphics card provided it is not immediately recognized.
Furthermore, I have gained with the Extra/modules/ I have good experiences copied to the folder .
as next I have an SMBIOS for iMac14, 2  , I have adapted my AGPM in System/Library/Extensions and correspondingly the video drivers for Nvidia in the Extensions folder.
in root are: boot file and a few test kernels. Best experience so far with the last two amd kernels of Bronya (bronzovka) and Andy Vandijk

• Like 1