Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I implemented Sinetek's new opemu in my new kernel.

I also added his restart and halt functions.

I fixed the new opemu so it doesn't warn about casting issues, etc...

It doesn't support SSE3 yet but it does support SSSE3.

SSE3 support will come soon.

I also added SYSEXIT emulation to the opemu in user mode.

I also changed the fast exit function to iretq (Sinetek's idea).

EDIT: Also I didn't remove the warning flags (not even -Werror or -Wcast-align) so the code is very clean.

Please test it and let me know how it works :D;)

Works fine with fx6100!!!!!!!!!

Edit: 10.9.2 booting now good!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

kext what you replaced after the update? I tried to run all night poppy, all without success, please share your way to run 10,9,2.

#49 icon_share.png  then install the last Amd Kernel bsa_r5 by Andy
  • Like 1

я не сохранил архив системы, и у меня нет файлов System.kextAppleMatch.kextSandbox.kext от 10,9,1. я сглупил, и сразу обновил на 10,9,2  без копирования этих файлов, вы можете дать мне свои файлы, которые нужно заменить?

I do not keep an archive system, and I have no files System.kext, AppleMatch.kext, Sandbox.kext of 10,9,1. I foolish think, and immediately updated on 10,9,2 not copy these files, you can give me the files that need to be replaced?

Reboot don't work with clover and chameleon

Yes , it so, but, one version clover don't correct work reboot, other version clover correct work reboot..

if with old clover version 2.1 , work reboot on system 10.6.8 or new ???

With my latest kernel don't works reboot ?

Yes , it so, but, one version clover don't correct work reboot, other version clover correct work reboot..

if with old clover version 2.1 , work reboot on system 10.6.8 or new ???

With my latest kernel don't works reboot ?

Your latest kernel reboot good. 

• Like 1

I have to step it stops, no further loading, and the last two lines were loaded long. Then I waited 10 minutes, nothing happens, periodically go to the hard disk requests, but not what happens.

у меня на это этапе останавливается, дальше не идет загрузки, и последние две строчки грузились долго. потом я ждал минут 10, нечего не происходит, периодически к жесткому диску идут запросы, но не чего не происходит.

post-1250527-910093_thumb.jpg

Hi Sinetek, Hi Andy, Hi Bronya,

is it also possible to boot without the restriction with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to boot the AMD Hackintosh? .......without to hangs the system in PCI Configuration begin.....please do not laugh!

I follow the theory of Toleda when he writes that the boot with the boot flag npci=0x3000 prevents the internal audio card works, the effect of my Question whether it sees an opportunity this, this narrowing by modification of the kernel can handle. that would certainly be a huge challenge? :) and we are all very hungry for new challenges :drool:

Edit:

in German:

Ist es Möglich auch ohne die Einschränkung beim booten mit dem boot flag npci=0x2000 / npci=0x3000, den AMD Hackintosh zu starten? Jedoch ohne das beim booten, das system an dieser Stelle hängen bleibt: PCI Configuration begin..  bitte nicht auslachen!! Ich verfolge die Theorie von toleda indem er beschreibt dass, das booten mit dem boot flag npci=0x3000 verhindert, das die interne Audiokarte arbeitet,

dahingehend meine Frage: welche Möglichkeiten sieht Ihr,  diese Einengung durch eine modifizierung des kernel zu umgehen. Das ist sicher eine enorme Herausforderung? und wir sind alle sehr hungrig nach neue Herausforderungen. :drool:

Edited by spakk
  • Like 4

I have to step it stops, no further loading, and the last two lines were loaded long. Then I waited 10 minutes, nothing happens, periodically go to the hard disk requests, but not what happens.

у меня на это этапе останавливается, дальше не идет загрузки, и последние две строчки грузились долго. потом я ждал минут 10, нечего не происходит, периодически к жесткому диску идут запросы, но не чего не происходит.

take another System.kext, possibly the System.kext by Andy he has uploaded with R5 kernel or from 10.9, I had had such a similar picture

Hi spakk ! if write no flag npci=0x3000 , so should maybe fix kext iopcifamily.kext ... i think ...

Ok! Many thanks for your prompt response :thumbsup_anim:

Hey spakk,

I also needed a solution for this issue. I know some people just had to replace the current IOPCIFamiliy.kext with the one patched by netkas. 

Didn’t work for me, but maybe you have more lucky :)

------------------

Hey spakk,

ich brauchte auch eine Lösung für dieses Problem. I weiß von ein paar Leuten, dass du nur die aktuelle IOPCIFamily.kext durch eine von netkas gepachtet austauschen musst.

Ich hatte leider keinen Erfolg, vielleicht hast du mehr Glück :)

Bronya,

should I try the patched IOPCIFamily.kext of Netkas?
or must a new IOPCIFamily.kext be patched?

Hey spakk,

I also needed a solution for this issue. I know some people just had to replace the current IOPCIFamiliy.kext with the one patched by netkas. 

------------------

Hey spakk,

ich brauchte auch eine Lösung für dieses Problem. I weiß von ein paar Leuten, dass du nur die aktuelle IOPCIFamily.kext durch eine von netkas gepachtet austauschen musst.

the patched IOPCIFamily.kext is not sufficient to solve the problem :(

Hey spakk,

------------------

Hey spakk,

PS: viele Leute, viele leute erzählen viel, (das hat nichts mit dir zu tun mein Freund, das ist ein generelles Problem bei AMD) :(

• Like 1

take another System.kext, possibly the System.kext by Andy he has uploaded with R5 kernel or from 10.9, I had had such a similar picture

tried everything, nothing helps, you can give (to share, put) their kexts with whom you work 10,9,2?

Ok, I decided to move the new shutdown functions.

The routine is defined where it was but with extern C statement.

In osfmk/i386/AT386/model_dep.c it's used as the last resort to try to shutdown / halt.

I've added SSE3 to the new opemu.

Let me know how it works please. :D

Damn... upload fails for the kernel...

Download URL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/taf38zdm8va6l4h/BSA_kernel.zip

BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R6.diff.zip

• Like 6

Hey Andy,

thank you very much for your work.

I just tested your mach_kernel and everything works fine. 

Although, I still have some graphic glitches and pink launchpad icons. Apart from that, I have no issues so far :)

Edit: No issues with Shutdown and Restart