Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

also not working on toshiba nb100 :wacko:(((

thats all intel hardware

intel gma950 (i added my device id to the kexts) - 27ae

ive tried guid partition and ive tried mbr and ive tried booting with commands -v i also found from kexts.com an atom kernel and tried that with the atom kernel it showed the apple logo once. now it keeps on rebooting

i skipped the dsdt part as ive no idea what on earth to do at that point i would love lion on it as i have fully working osx 10.6.8 on it as ive replaced the wifi with some out of the box broadcom chip from a dell machine via ebay......

with -v smbios=no i get gray screen (black with nothing on it) waited like that for an hour just in case it was the speed of the usb being shlow lol... but nope ..

with -v mach_kernel_atom smbios=no it loads the kernel but then reboots same on any machine ive got ...

please help what the heck am i doing wrong ? is it the dsdt ? i didnt need it for snow ..

EDIT just an update i only tried this time with CPUS=1 Maxmem=1014 (thats my sick of ram in it chameleon says thats how much there is) and now i get the apple screen but no spinning wheel and its not doing anything .. ideas guys an girls ?

Hi,

I'm trying to install/ recovery my old Lion install, i have upgraded my computer CPU and Mobo.

I'm trying to install using this instalation method, but i get IOUSBFamily kernel Panic, also in my old instalation i get the same kernel panic.

I also get Kernel Panic because of the firewire but i disable it and than started to ger Kernel Panic on the IOUSBFamily.

The only kexts i have is the one recomended in the first post.

i'm uploading my DSDT.aml taken from aida64 from my windows instalation, if someone could help me on this, i don't realy understant abou patching DSDT

My system is

CPU: 2600k

Mobo: MSI Z68A-GD80 G3 (Marvel Network, ALC892)

Ram: GSkill DDR3 PC 12800 16GB

GFX: GTX580 (working previously)

Thanks

My_MSI_Z68A_GD80g3.zip

Hello-

I seem to have trouble booting off the boot drive. I believe I followed the instructions correctly and have tried both formatting as both GUID and MBR to no avail. I also tried to use the installer for Chameleon in the second post of the link provied in the OP as well as the newest Chameleon for 10.7.2. I am using a GA-EP45T-USB3P.

Any ideas on what the issue could be? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Actually, I WASN'T following the directions correctly. Instead of restoring to the new partition on the usb drive, I was restoring to the drive itself. Maybe I overwrote the EFI partition and therefore the bootloader did not install properly. I am now getting an error saying: "Can't find /mach_kernel" but I think I saw something about that earlier in this thread...sorry!

EDIT 2: Copied mach_kernel to root of drive, disabled FireWire, replaced OSinstall, and I was on my way. If only I could get HDMI sound and lose the phantom VGA display on my MSI Hawk R5770, I'd be on my way! This is an excellent installation method, MaLd0n, Thank You!

hi,

i have made the lion install on a 30 gb external hard disk. my pc boots into lion but i cannot see my internal hdd in disk utility.

i have only 1 hdd with windows 7 - 4 ntfs partitions and 1 fat32. i want to install lion on the fat32 one but i cannot see it and hence i cannot format it into mac os x journaled partition.

i had previously installed leopard and in that cd i could see my internal hard disk.

any link to a thread or direct help will be appreciated

hi,

i have made the lion install on a 30 gb external hard disk. my pc boots into lion but i cannot see my internal hdd in disk utility.

i have only 1 hdd with windows 7 - 4 ntfs partitions and 1 fat32. i want to install lion on the fat32 one but i cannot see it and hence i cannot format it into mac os x journaled partition.

i had previously installed leopard and in that cd i could see my internal hard disk.

any link to a thread or direct help will be appreciated

@in-fi-ni-ty.

You most likely have installed Leopard on an MBR partitioned drive.

It was possible with 10.5. Not with 10.6 or 10.7. Well, not easily.

I suggest, you can choose from 2 (Easy) options:

1. Get a new spare hard disk drive.
  2. Modify your Lion installation USb thumb drive, with a MBR enabled OSIntall.pkg

1 Difficult way is:

1. Backup all your working Windows Data.
  2. Destroy the entire partition map
  3. Use the Lion (10.7) instal usb thumb drive to re-partition your existing hard drive into a GUID partition table type.
  4. Install OSX.
  5. Install Windows.
  6. Restore working Windows data.

That's it!

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :)

Hi all! I have the following problem:

on lenovo y570

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 1GB

8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Conf...novo-Y570-V2-06

please help...

I tried:

iAtkos_L1

Mac OS Snow Leo 10.2 10.1 Hazard

Snow leo 10.6.3

and the result is the first image

post-905172-1319619146_thumb.jpg

post-905172-1319619517_thumb.jpg

@in-fi-ni-ty.

You most likely have installed Leopard on an MBR partitioned drive.

It was possible with 10.5. Not with 10.6 or 10.7. Well, not easily.

I suggest, you can choose from 2 (Easy) options:

1. Get a new spare hard disk drive.
  2. Modify your Lion installation USb thumb drive, with a MBR enabled OSIntall.pkg

1 Difficult way is:

1. Backup all your working Windows Data.
  2. Destroy the entire partition map
  3. Use the Lion (10.7) instal usb thumb drive to re-partition your existing hard drive into a GUID partition table type.
  4. Install OSX.
  5. Install Windows.
  6. Restore working Windows data.

That's it!

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :unsure:

i selected ahci instead of ide in bios and my partitions popped up in lion.

thanks for the help. i am trying to install on the same hdd as i have space. i dont have a spare ext. hdd to backup my 360 gb hdd.

my problem now is whenever i format my intended partition into mac os journaled my windows installation gets screwed and i have to format. i formatted my windows twice today.

so any one has links to a good guide for dual booting windows and lion on a single hdd?

edit - when i format a partition into mac journaled the partition table remains unchanged i.e that of windows or whichever was original one, right?

so i have to format my entire hdd to mbr/guid first and only then i can install lion ??

Hi MaLd0n,

Excellent guide and it has been a great help with my Laptop install. I am running a similar setup to Beakster in post 601 and have tried your dsdt in your reply post 602. The laptop even though using a dsdt from another machine is actually running very well with only a few minor issues. Could you please patch my dsdt that I have made and enclose.Once again many thanks for all your help.

System is Asus X53E (aka K53E ) i5 -2410M 2.3 Ghz

8 Gb DDR3 -1333(pc3 1600 )

Intel HD Graphics 3000

send_me.zip

I tried this guide to install Lion on a Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard on which I have been running 10.6.8 for the last 2 years or so, but I am running into two issues. The first is that Chameleon does not install to the USB stick_it complains that that disk does not have OS X installed. The second issue is that because of that I have to use the HackbootLion iso to boot from and then I select the USB stick in the boot screen and all kexts seem to load initially until almost the end and then I get a KP right around some com.apple.Firewirefamily.kext trying to load.

I will post a picture in a few minutes.

I am trying to install Lion on my workstation using this method after the success I had loading onto my HTPC, but come across one issue:

As soon as the Chameleon GUI loads, everything boots slowly. I have timeout=4 and it takes around 10-15 seconds (instead of four). I also have verbose mode on and it only loads maybe 3 kexts a second. It takes minutes to completely load all the kexts up. After lion finally boots, everything seems to work properly (speed wise). I was worried something was wrong with the Intel SSD, but it reports similar speeds (using xbench on my HTPC) as it does on the workstation.

Any ideas on what this might be?

Thanks!

Hi MaLd0n

apart from

Kernel[0]: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

I'm clueless why I'm getting this message so often:

post-548553-1319937594_thumb.jpg

I believe the IOSurface error message it's related to Adobe Flash and I never read it to be KPing systems

I've already exhaustively tested my RAM with MemTest86+ finishing with zero errors, so this time I'm sure it isn't RAM related.

I've attached a send_me.zip hopping you could have a clue of what's going on

send_me.zip

:unsure:

launchctl_list.txt

I've used this method successfully on 2 different machines. I am now trying on a GA-P55M-UD2 and got a KP at IOFirewireFamily.kext. I found a couple posts back where people had the same issue, and were told to delete the kext. So does that mean that I only need to delete it from the installer? Or is it something that I'll have to delete from the system once it's installed as well? Lastly, in regards to the installer, is it simply a matter of deleting the kext? No cache/permissions issues to deal with?

Furthermore, while this board does have firewire, it will not be used. Is it possible to fix the issue by simply disabling Firewire in the BIOS? It just doesn't seem like an issue many are having, especially with well supported boards with proper dsdt edits,etc...

Mald0n discontinued Auto Patcher. Thats why the server is unavailable.

But the patches are still available:

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=385

thanks . i am checking it out.

also i think i am facing a kernel panic .

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/img0726ud.jpg/

it say " no hpets found......." and then it is mentioning applecpupowermanagement ....

this is happening when i paste the extra folder and i am not running dsdt auto patcher. after i get an aml file will this error go ??

Hi all, pardon me. but i have try many way to install Lion on My MSI FX400 and still failed. I have try a Macbob Guide Installation, Tony Mac, XPC but always failed.

I stuck on dsmos has arrived on Macbob installations guide even I add some bootflag like PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, npci, etc. still not work,

on tonymac installations guide no hope always restart,

and with XPC hang at MBRStart.

have any one some idea to install Lion on MSI FX400? sad.gif

My Specification's :

Proc : Core i5 480M 2,66 GHz with Turbo Drive Engine

VGA : Intel HD and Nvidia Geforce GT 325M 1 GB

RAM : 4GB DDR3

HDD : 500GB

i use Install_ESD.dmg for installations method

so many thanks if someone can help me smile.gif

Hello all,

PC Specs (different than signature because installing on my old PC):

MB: Asus P5B-E

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo E6600 2.4Ghz

GPU: 8800 GTX 768 MB

RAM: 2 x 2GB Crucial DDR2-800

I have followed this guide to create a USB flash drive and install Lion. The install finishes without any problems. I boot to the HD using the USB drive without problems, but once I install chameleon (latest version) and add FakeSMC to L/E, repair permissions, and reboot. It loads fine but Finder does not function. If I click on finder all my desktop icons disappear and the task bar disappears. They return within a second and an error comes up saying that Finder quit unexpectedly....and I get two options: Restore Windows or Do not restore windows. I thought that there were some hidden files in the Trash that weren't being removed and may be causing this issue but that did not help. I also created a different User profile to see if the profile was at fault, that didn't help either. What could be causing this? Could the usb flash drive have been created wrong? Please, if someone can shed some light on what this may be I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hy!

I used this tutorial a many time to install Lion, and every time is worked.

Now i downloaded the 10.7.2 Mac OS X Lion Install.app, and I want to install this. I make my pendrive, added kext, used nawcom MBR patch, I changed the kernel, anything. It's booted up, erased the drive, cliked to Install, it started, but about five sec after start, I got an error: see my attachment

What can I do?

Thanks for a lot!

EDIT: Nawcom removed his post about 10.7.2 MBR patch. I think it was the problem.

post-809412-1320079496_thumb.jpg

Hy, Dalt0n, first I want to say thank you for your DSDT Autopatcher, this give me a possibility to install Snow Leopard to my PC without a much hassle.

No mather what kind of install I choose (incl this one) I get this screen (see attachment please) and after this a restart , none of the tutorials I tryied same problem.

Befoure this screen all kexts from usb are verified.

This screen say same things to you, becouse to me all seems to be OK.

I see on this category in forum kind a same screen at other few people.

Settings in BIOS are all OK, Snow Leopard working on this settings.

-x, -v, -s at boot kive me same results.

I noticed in chameleon pkg, same options for smbios and apple plist files in extra, I made same of them but with same results.

install ESD witch I use was 10.7.0 and 10.7.2

post-705538-1320093376_thumb.jpg