Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

Rocketlynx, I am running the same hardware setup as you. Only difference is the Rev version on our boards.

GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 BIOS F10

Intel C2Quad 9550

EVGA 9800GTX+ 512MB

I was able to follow the directions on the first post and get Lion installed. Can you help with your dsdt or your extra's folder to get me up and running? The only thing I seem to be missing is the DSDT in the post installation instructions, and the auto patcher it down.

Thanks for the tutorial MaLd0n!

My system spec:

C2d 2.2ghz

Gigabyte g41mt-s2p

Nvidia 8600gt

2x2gb corsair ram

Followed the steps, created the pendrive and installed the system.

Downloaded the txt file (auto patcher file) for my motherboard and used

Dsdt editor and patcher to patch the dsdt. When I selected the file and applied, got 3 error messages

With a fix button. I clicked on fix and it automatically fixed the errors and recompiled then I saved the dsdt generated to extra folder along with the three kexta that were attached (in extra/ extensions).

Now needed to know wot to do.

Still my gfx doesn't work, no sound either, no onboard LAN detected. And I haven't tried on sleep yet..

Needed to know wot did dsdt patching did? And now how to enable these things...

Help needed pals....

Thanx

Angel

Hi All, I have installed Lion via MaLd0n's tutorial but with a couple of issues. My ATI HD5770 freezes the system on startup with graphical errors. I switched to my old ATI X800gt and installed like a breeze. But now the video card is not recognized nor is the Azalia audio. I tried using DSDT editor with the patcher- it fixed one error. I have to reboot with the cdrom- chameleon just causes the system to pinwheel at startup when booting from HDD.

Thanks to all.

ga-g41mt-d3

e5500 cpu

ati x800gt

2 gig ram

downloaded the patch file from dsdt autopatcher

and when i used dsdt extractor and patcher to patch dsdt...

got this error....

post-161712-1315577097_thumb.jpg

but on clicking fixing the error and recompiling.... it got ok....

what is this error for????

can any1 patch my dsdt for me....

here is the file attached...

if some1 patches it for me...

would also like to know,,,,what all things have been fixed....(if possible)

tahnx

angel

send_me.zip

I got it installed and everything so far is working except the App Store!! Woo woo :unsure:

I even installed OSX Lion Server!

I used the patcher to create my custom DSDT for my GA-EP45-UD3P, used the extra's folder for core2quad, then dropped the DSDT in the extra folder, installed chameleon on the Lion drive and rebooted.

Back in Lion, video not working, audio is working, and network card not working.

Edited the plist for GraphicsEnabler=Yes and video was working after reboot. Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 and installed realtek network card kext and utilities to correct permissions, rebooted and network card works.

I have been using it so far with only one issue of it kernal panicking when I would have a lot going on for the network, like I would overload the network card and it would panic. Wondering if maybe I need a new, or better kext for the network card...

downloaded the patch file from dsdt autopatcher

and when i used dsdt extractor and patcher to patch dsdt...

got this error....

IMG_0138.JPG

but on clicking fixing the error and recompiling.... it got ok....

what is this error for????

can any1 patch my dsdt for me....

here is the file attached...

if some1 patches it for me...

would also like to know,,,,what all things have been fixed....(if possible)

tahnx

angel

use "Fix errors"

I'm having a problem booting with chameleon after installing Lion. The usb stick as prepared in this guide works perfectly. I'm using the linked chameleon 2.1 on the usb stick, and installing it on the system drive after installing Lion. After installation the usb stick will boot the system, but the installed chameleon on the osx drive will not. I've seen a variety of hangups and don't remember the exact one now (I've been working on this all night and need to boot back to windows at this point).

Is there something I need to do after installing chameleon to make sure that the system will boot? I've used the chameleon wizard to make the org.chameleon file to see if that would help and it does not. Should I try something other than the linked 2.1 chameleon?

Thanks for any help.

Am having a similar issue as evahnyird, is that after completing installation successfully and trying to boot from HDD, and after the apple logo with the spinning wheel, i get a light grey screen with the mouse cursor at the upper left corner and that's it, it's not hanged as the keyboard and mouse still works.

The specs is in my signature btw.

PS. Is there any use of the Boot CD/HackBoot Lion included in the first post? I don't see it gets used in any of the procedures.

Thanks in advance,

ToBeMac

UPDATE:

The problem was in my graphics card, i had to delete ATI6000Controller.kext from S/L/E to be able to login then installed the Netkas patches.

Hello,

I am trying to install Lion for my mainboard which is P5Q3 Deluxe.

On first boot OS X was unable to detect my keyboard which is connected trough PS/2. I tried many different .kexts for PS/2 port. Non of them worked so I was forced to use /var/db/.AppleSetupDone trick. Then I was able to create new user and log into OS X. Keyboard was working at this point. Then I tried to install Extra Folder package. Both .kexts that the package install make my keyboard to stop working so I had to remove them.

I need DSDT.aml for my PC to see how the things will continue :D

None of my devices work: ethernet, wifi, video.

I use P5Q3 2105 BIOS SLIC & DSDT modified.

Please help

send_me.zip

I can't boot from chameleon after installing it onto the OSX drive. The flash drive still works to boot into the installed OSX system. Does anyone know what might cause this?

i have same problem.when i boot with -v switch i see it was "waiting for dsmos". i copied /boot from flashdrive to /boot hdd, now i am stuck later in the boot process.

Hi, I’ve a tricky problem whit my Hackintosh.

Whit leopard 10.5.8 my pc works perfectly.

My MB is asus p5e3 deluxe (NO WIFI) , q6600 and 8800 gt 512 oc. I installed successfully Lion whit usb metod and chameleon rc5 r1083.

First of all I Booted whit my USB and I haven’t any problem with shutdown.

After that I installed on my lion hdd chamalen rc5 r875, extra_macpro3.1, added in boot.plist GeneratePStates ………, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, LegacyAHCI, NullCPUPowerManagement, but not dsdt auto patcher (the link didn’t work) , And I repaired the permissions.

Everything works fine except Shutdown (half shutdown, monitor off usb and fan on) , sleep and Audio.

I tried to remove NullCPUPowerManagement but the situation was the same.

I reinstalled NullCPUPowerManagement and evoreboot.

Now my pc can shutdown properly but sleep still doesn’t work.

What should I do????

thanks

Hi, I’ve a tricky problem whit my Hackintosh.

Whit leopard 10.5.8 my pc works perfectly.

My MB is asus p5e3 deluxe (NO WIFI) , q6600 and 8800 gt 512 oc. I installed successfully Lion whit usb metod and chameleon rc5 r1083.

First of all I Booted whit my USB and I haven’t any problem with shutdown.

After that I installed on my lion hdd chamalen rc5 r875, extra_macpro3.1, added in boot.plist GeneratePStates ………, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, LegacyAHCI, NullCPUPowerManagement, but not dsdt auto patcher (the link didn’t work) , And I repaired the permissions.

Everything works fine except Shutdown (half shutdown, monitor off usb and fan on) , sleep and Audio.

I tried to remove NullCPUPowerManagement but the situation was the same.

I reinstalled NullCPUPowerManagement and evoreboot.

Now my pc can shutdown properly but sleep still doesn’t work.

What should I do????

thanks

i am not much of expert just, started playing with hackintoshes but maybe you should try SleepEnabler

i have same problem.when i boot with -v switch i see it was "waiting for dsmos". i copied /boot from flashdrive to /boot hdd, now i am stuck later in the boot process.

I was also unable to boot using just the chameleon installed to the drive without first either creating my /extra folder or inputting custom DSDT.

So I don't think the chameleon will boot on it's own drive without the extra folder and DSDT.aml file.

What I did was once booted into Lion with the USB drive, extracted and copy/pasted extra folder for my machine to the root drive, then copied my patcher DSDT.aml file to the same folder, installed chameleon to the lion drive, then renamed the apple.boot.plist to the chameleon plist name and rebooted. Booted off the drive with no issues.

Hi MaLd0n,

My apologies if this isn't the right forum.

While trying to install Lion, the screen flashes and the computer just reboots. Options -v, GraphicsEnabler=Yes had no effect.

I have attached dsl file of my PC. The components are:

Abit IP35-Pro

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

Diamond 5770 Model 5770PE51GT

I tried to compile but was getting errors, can you plz patch and compile this for me?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

dsdt.spoiled11.zip