Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

I feel quite guilty posting this here as i know its probably nothing to do with the excellent guide op :) but im not even sure i will be able to describe the problem to anyone esle out of context so i will just try my luck. i might ring apple technical support ;)

see the blue dot that is what i think is causing the hang, as this hang happens in 10.6.8 kernel and apparently 10.7.x kernal (whatever the details are about that are)

post-758130-0-94978300-1333660690_thumb.jpg

i hope sombody will be able to help me off this topic and in the right direction.

there isnt a osx DVD per-say its usb or app store download (as long as your cpu is recognised) some countries cannot buy a usb installer from apple store.

@bibendum, i am a little bias to insanley mac :) but i was aware of that topic

Hello All,

Trying to do an install with Lion 10.7.3 and Chalemeon on a USB thumbdrive. I have a HP dv9700 laptop. Followed all the instructions to the letter, but I'm stiuck at a kernal panic and I got the dreaded:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.24.8/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1504

Any helpful hints?

i used my hack method but i guess its just an automated version of this method. i would like to say that i have resolved my issue by adding my smbios to the usb extra including smcputype=2305 for i3 systems. i then added fake smc that i was using to boot and also fake smc to S/L/E on the installer for good measure. i then edited the usbs com.chameleon.plist and added the string to point it to my smbios. that made it boot! lots of errors came up but it booted, i now type to you on my absolutely brilliant almost a mac book pro Acer 5750 and I'm so so happy!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an Extras Folder for iMac8,1?

all it is ..what u make of it.. u need smbios.plist of imac8,1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>02/09/08</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>IM81.88Z.00C1.B00.0802091538</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F227BEC8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>iMac</string>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>iMac8,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>FC812T69ZE3</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

• 1 month later...

Ok, I had a working hackingtosh...hardware failure #%^ing nvidia card. well I finally got it coaxed into booting agian. however I had deleted the chameleon partition, and the chameleon partition on my usb drive. So I setup per this thread a new usb drive with chameleon 1902. when I boot that laptop with it, it will not list drives it just stops and displays "/" but I tried it on another laptop and it lists drives when it boots(command line tho). oh and once i do get this working from what i remeber to remake my boot partition(chameleon) in disk utility i would have to reinstall wouldnt i?

Um I have a problem, im using this guide to install iAtkos_l1 via USB but, when im installing Chameleon on usb its stuck on Writing Reception (or something like that) anyway i thinked its problem on installation, i was waiting for one hour and then killed application, ( i was doing this on my compaq 6720s, and i wanna boot it on custom pc (look in signature)) then pluged usb on pc and booted, BUT.... when i click install Lion he open Apple logo with gray background and little circle is loading in hours.... nothing more, i cant type anything in boot, just chose install or boot from HDD.... so i cant start boot in verbose mode? or i can? :D

S.O.S :D

Ok, I had a working hackingtosh...hardware failure #%^ing nvidia card. well I finally got it coaxed into booting agian. however I had deleted the chameleon partition, and the chameleon partition on my usb drive. So I setup per this thread a new usb drive with chameleon 1902. when I boot that laptop with it, it will not list drives it just stops and displays "/" but I tried it on another laptop and it lists drives when it boots(command line tho). oh and once i do get this working from what i remeber to remake my boot partition(chameleon) in disk utility i would have to reinstall wouldnt i?

I have same problem with that "/" when i try to boot up lion via DVD drive....

Edit:

I managed to install iAtkos v2 via usb on my pc, but.... Its boot only in safe mode, and when i try to boot it on normal, its just show me gray background of iatkos, and i have mouse nothing more. i cant fine any error in logs so no clue whats problem... If someone have some solution or something please share it here :D or pm :)

Edited by Blabry

Hi everybody!

I tried thismethod installier lion to my old MSI GT725 (1722) Notebook but without luck. I get stucked in the beginning of the Installations process where u could choose your country, timezone, name, etc. I see only the loading icon and a grey Background and nothing else happens.

can u please have a look on my dsdt.aml which i made from my live linux.

Does someone have an idea?

Thx a lot!

greets

Hi everybody!

I tried thismethod installier lion to my old MSI GT725 (1722) Notebook but without luck. I get stucked in the beginning of the Installations process where u could choose your country, timezone, name, etc. I see only the loading icon and a grey Background and nothing else happens.

can u please have a look on my dsdt.aml which i made from my live linux.

Does someone have an idea?

Thx a lot!

greets

dsdt.aml.zip

Hello Gents. I am a stupid newbie and I seem to be having a problem with booting to the flash drive. I've got a stock ASUS G74-BBK7 with Windows 7. I went and set all the BIOS settings that I could and everything, but when I try to boot to the USB my system completely ignores it. No matter what I do. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I might be screwing up here?

Hi folks!

I have a problem after installation. My keyboard is PS2 and I don't start installation.

I opened the USB where the installation was maked and in the Extra folder didn't have any kext.

Where and what kext I have to put in my installation USB, to enable the PS2 keyboard?

I can't seem to get hold of a BaseSystem.dmg. I downloaded countless Lion installation DMGs, copied the contents folder that was inside of the Install Mac OS X Lion.app for each DMG, but it simply does not contain any such DMG. I'm starting to feel hopeless.

Followed everything in the guide but the kernel panic remain..it mismatch the kernel and at boot messages can't find legacy kernel

Passed command line at boot "legacy_kernel" but..nothing..anyone suggestion's?

Based on gigabyte P35-Ds4 as in signature..

I installed lion on Hp 7700 using iatkos l2. I'm not mac smart. used usb boot loader on win 7 to format and load iatkos image on usb drive. then booted to cd booter and selected the usb. booted then went to utilties>format to guid and then options selected what I needed and installed no problems.I have win7,win8 and lion installed on the same drive.

I can't seem to get hold of a BaseSystem.dmg. I downloaded countless Lion installation DMGs, copied the contents folder that was inside of the Install Mac OS X Lion.app for each DMG, but it simply does not contain any such DMG. I'm starting to feel hopeless.

- /Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

- mount that image

- go to terminal and enter "open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg" without the quotes... et voila !

ALL EXPLAINED IN THE 1st POST !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys ,

I have successfully installed Mac OS X Lion from the Retail app Mac OS X Lion.app from the Appstore using the Maldon Guide by Restoring the BaseSystem.dmg on a usb(16gb) from a VMWare Mac.

After Installation I followed whatever was given there but none of it worked.

My Specs:-

Dell Studio 1558

Processor- Intel i5 M450(2.4GHz)

RAM-4GB

Graphics Card- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

My Graphics Card is not working(it is showing 1024x768)

No Sound.

Glitchy Screen..

whenever i install Kexts using Kext Utility or ###### and Restart I get Kernel Panic.

And That whatever be done does'nt go.

I have reinstalled Mac Lion 4 times but still never get anything to work.

The System shows Graphic to be 3MB.

Sometimes the TrackPad doesnt work after KExt,###### installation

Please Help

I did all,but when i unmount the usb stick from finder and from virtual box ,i restart the pc and it stuck on bios,if i don't plug the usb the bios go smooth,what is it?

Pretty sure that the problem is the partition mode GUID Partition Table.

It freeze my bios ,anyway to fix it?!

for keyboard: voodoops2 kext (attached) but youll have to get in SLE of the installation HDD somehow. and then redo the kernelcache. just did this for my install :) format a flashdrive to fat32/hfs/ntfs and put the kext on there and then you can use the install dvd to move it to the installed lion. or if you still have windows on the pc, then you can read the kext from there at do it that way.

thats strange for the mouse though, usb keyboard or mouse almost always work. try w/o the keyboard (you dont really need a keyboard until the user setup)

kext is for lion for sure and 64/32bit

VoodooHDA.kext.zip