Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

@demian12,

I can see kernel flags you use in the picture. There is duplicate entry of "PCIRootUID"; PCIRootUID=1 & PCIRootUID=0. Please try boot with less flags, e.g. "-v npci=0x2000" should be enough.

Hello, thanks with this commands achieve boot from usb [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

now, I have other problem, at the boot from HD (chameleon svn 2.1), no booting. here screen capture now:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8320/dsc02527a.jpg

seems no problems booting, except for the last line, do I want to know what is that?

PS: if you need a full screen capture, let me know, I just focus on the last line

sorry for my bad english

Ok, thanks, that makes sense, heres what I have.

Dell Dimension 2400

Intel Pentium 4 Processor: 2.66 GHz

2GB DDR

80 GB IDE HDD

Is that everything you need?

Full specifcation please. I want to know what chipset you have. For the processor, please install Processor ID utility & post here the screenshot.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you need a 64bit processor and that a Pentium is not... a Core 2 Duo or Atom Dual Core, I think is the minimum, but hopefully someone else will verify this.

best,

Patrick

Some of the Pentium 4 processor also 64-bit processor.

Hello, thanks with this commands achieve boot from usb [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

now, I have other problem, at the boot from HD (chameleon svn 2.1), no booting. here screen capture now:

http://img197.images...0/dsc02527a.jpg

seems no problems booting, except for the last line, do I want to know what is that?

PS: if you need a full screen capture, let me know, I just focus on the last line

sorry for my bad english

That indicate fakesmc.kext is not installed. You need fakesmc.kext. The one included in Extra_Lion_DP4.pkg.zip is 32-bit only.

Hello!

I've tried to build install/rescue USB stick using this method and found issues that cannot resolve by myself. So I need help and some guidelines where to look.

First of all, source data.

Hw:

CPU: Core2 Quad Q9550

Mobo: ASUS P5K-E WiFi-AP Solo (successful installation is approved - found my mobo in HCL).

RAM: 8Gig

HDDs: SSD 128G, 1T, 750G, 500G (yep, HDD zoo... but prices are evil for now :( )

Soft:

InstalESD.dmg from 10.7.2

TransMac

Difficulty No1: 500G HDD has existing Gentoo system. However, I've successfully converted partition table to GPT and reserved near 75Gig for Lion. Other HDDs could not be used because of Win system and non-UEFI mobo.

Difficulty No2: Only source of existing Snow Leopard installation is pre-built VMware installation (10.6.2). USB works, so I think it could be enough.

My troubles/questions:

1. I've made all steps, but was unable to install Chameleon. Chameleon installation hangs at last stage. Progress is near end and never finished. I've tried 1799, 1700 SVN builds snd third build from older XCode 4.1 - result is the same.

My guesses:

a) 10.6.2 issue

B) VMware USB issue

Possible solution 1:

Try to use another (newer) loader. For example, use Chimera instead.

Possible solution 2:

Create install USB by another method at Win or Linux.

2. Chimera refused to install after unsuccessful Chameleon installation.

Guess: unsuccessful Chameleon installation junk

Possible solution: delete unnecessary files.

Question 1: is it possible to replace Chameleon by Chimera in this guide?

Question 2: How to cleanup failed Chameleon installation to enable Chimera install instead of this?

Question 3: is it possible to build bootable USB stick from original InstallESD.dmg and Chameleon/Chimera using my existing Windows or Linux installation and .dmg?

I did a 10min install video using this USB method . Maybe it is helpful for some people. It shows a 3 times reboot phase using such a USB drive:

first for booting up, partitioning internal disk and installing OSX onto the hard disk

second to copy /Extra folder from USB drive onto hard disk

third to boot the local hard disk with the USB and install chameleon onto the hard disk.

This Video is specific designed for my L500 Satellite, but the general procedure with such a USB drive is the same .. therefore :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPbZMAMAy-g

Hey guys, I have a dell studio 1558. Have 10.7.1 on vmware running. Now want to install lion natively and not virtually. I tried making the bootable usb as shown here but while m trying to install "Extra Lion DP4" package to the usb, i am getting an error that "com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1" .

Please suggest whats wrong. M dying to install the osx lion.

please see the screenshot for reference.

Can i proceed without installing the extra_lion package???

post-955286-0-84541200-1327753310_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

what step of this procedure copies mach_kernel to the root of the USB?

If none, why is this procedure not corrected?

I have a Latitude D630 and this results in a USB that does not boot even after a manual addition

of mach_kernel to the root of the USB.

I even used the kext wizard to fix permissions all across the USB, which made the USB completely

dead, whereas before the kext wizard 'fix' (but after the addition of the mach_kernel) the boot process

starts and then dies...

what step of this procedure copies mach_kernel to the root of the USB?

If none, why is this procedure not corrected?

I have a Latitude D630 and this results in a USB that does not boot even after a manual addition

of mach_kernel to the root of the USB.

I even used the kext wizard to fix permissions all across the USB, which made the USB completely

dead, whereas before the kext wizard 'fix' (but after the addition of the mach_kernel) the boot process

starts and then dies...

did u add dsdt fix with Device (PCI0) change _ADR, 0x00 to _UID, 0x00 works wonders for dells and 10.6.8 + and MacBook5,1 NOT PRO or 6,1 Smbios.plist ?

osxlatitude.com has more specific info.

they have a bios that installs a special dsdt that helps alot. however i dont know its compatibility with windows.

You'll need to hookup a usb keyboard for this part of the install.

Okay, I am going to try again. It will be done in 10 minutes.

You'll need to hookup a usb keyboard for this part of the install.

Nope still doesn't work. Still saying need to connect the keyboard. :\

Got your PM.... hmm not sure what else to try. You tried to reinstall from scratch with the keyboard connected... correct?

Yes I did from scratch with the keyboard. My Laptop Keyboard and USB Keyboard = Don't work.

Also, when i get to Keyboard Configuration Screen, when it goes to sleep and I press random button on my keyboard it went to unsleep (you know what I mean?)

Boot with 32-bit mode. VoodooPS2 included at first post only support 32-bit mode.

If USB keyboard doesn't work, then USB ports on your notebook doesn't work.

(P/S: You have two issues unrelated to each other.)

Yes USB Port do work, I boot my Mac OS x Lion from USB to install it.

I have 64-Bit

Try a different usb port and reinstall. On my HP laptop the left USB ports don't work during install... only the right.

OH okay, I did it on the left. Give me 30 minutes to reinstall it. Hopefully it will work.

Try a different usb port and reinstall. On my HP laptop the left USB ports don't work during install... only the right.

Okay, I reinstall it, putting USB Keyboard at other side, still doesn't work :\

Boot with 32-bit mode. If you want keyboard to work in 64-bit mode, then you need to replace current VoodooPS2 kext with 64-bit one.

How do I boot 32 bit on Laptop? (Not to be dumb).

Also, this VoodooPS2 Kext - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16660 that is 64 bit right? or can you provide me the download link?

At Chameleon boot menu, enter arch=i386

I use this kexts: http://www.osx86.net...&id=1448&page=2

This support 32-bit & 64-bit.

I have Asus K35E, i5 processors, and it is a Laptop. Now my 500GB is now 500GB of Mac

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K53E/#specifications

Feb 14, 2012

Okay, I did differently this time. I install using iAtkos L1. It works like a charm. So I reboot it and got into Lion Desktop. I install important Kexts. After that, I can't get Wireless Internet working even I boot it for first time, Internet still not work. Any help guy? Thanks.

Shoutout - Thanks to people who helped me. Thank you.

Hi guys!

I've a dv6-1040el Hp notebook, 

P7450 penryn CPU on  PM45 chipset, 

9200m gs 512mb ram gpu, 

ICH9

IDT Audio

I was running 10.6.7 (started from iatkos s3v2) with lapic.c issue fixed (CPUs=1 always needed to boot before the fix).

Some problems with USB but nothing serious...

Now I'm trying to install lion with this guide without success, I created the bootable USB but can't boot from it,  I tried to initialize it in guid and in mbr, same problem, next I tried to install the latest chameleon to my sl partition and boot the USB from it, now it start but I'm stuck on a white screen and the "charging mouse pointer"

tried:

-v, 

-v cpus=1, 

-v -x, 

-v -x cpus=1, 

-v PCIRootUID=1 -x CPUs=1 )

Without CPUs=1 i have kp when it tries to use the other core, so I can't see the white screen without this flag, it's obvious..

Any suggestion? 

• 1 month later...

I followed this guide:

http://www.insanelym...3

I couldn't figure out what to do with the DSDT Auto Patch thing. I noticed that in the get info section is says my serial number is "null." What should i do to fix this. I am also getting the "apple cannot verify the device" message when trying to dload from the app store. Installs of applications are failing sometimes as well. Any ideas?

I also updated to 10.7.3 via the software update. Right now the audio works from the two green outputs, usb's work, dual monitors and video card works, the network works, but i can't use the app store or return the computer from sleep mode.