Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

i have a netbook i have got

2GB ram

1.6Gh'z (solo)

everything intel i have followed this to the T i get a reboot all the time ... so i tried replacing the osinstall.mpkg thing still getting a reboot.

its a toshiba NB 100 with snow leopard already on it and windows 7 and linux i plan to format the hdd and have just lion on it but cannot boot the usb thumb drive i get as far as seeing the chameleon screen and it rebooted..

so i reformatted the pendrive and did everything and chose extra install lion dp4 and then instead of chameleon rc5 i used chameleon wizard and applied version 2.1svn r1754 to the thumb or pendrive and chose a theme of black osx button i did this to see if it was my settings in chameleon .. but the same thing happend so i went to the kexts dot com site and searched for lion atom and added and renamed that kernel in the root of the pen drive to mach_atom and at the nice looking boot screen i typed in mach_atom -v and it loaded the atom kernel and everything (all kext we're wizzing passed on the screen) but then it just rebooted AGAIN lol

why is it rebooting what is it that im doing wrong ? as snow works flawlessly is it my bios version ? for the toshiba nb100 im on v2.10

specs

chip n270 speed 1.60Gh'z (atom)

memory 2GB (works in snow win + Linux {ubuntu} ) + (samsung)

wifi ar5008 working out of box (replaced the wifi that came with it for known working one)

sound card unknown but again works on all other oses

gfx intel GMA94x to GMA 960 (GMA945 to 950 not sure)

bios settings

sata mode to AHCI instead of compatibility

legacy usb is on but i am told that it should be off can someone advise me on that please ??

thank you for anything that anyone can do !

the latest is i have re done everything making sure its MBR and now i get past chameleon and hit the apple screen but no spinning wheel what options do i need checked in boot.plist file ??

/bobert ! :P

ps i have not yet had a chance to read through every page as of yet but im looking through its just theres loads of replies !

Hi MaLd0n,

The HackBoot Lion boot CD download link is broken:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=94070

Working download link is this:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=94070

Does this boot CD generic enough for Intel Core i powered notebook? I don't have working Mac OS X right now to check the content of Preboot.dmg in the ISO file.

Many guide I found required existing Mac OS X to prepare the installation disk/partition. I don't know whether anyone realized or not, they can install Lion without an access to Mac OS X. Lion installation disk can be prepared in windows using TransMac. The only downside is if the .dmg file is large, expanding the compressed image might take a while. But this is useful to anyone who don't have access to Mac OS X. OK, honestly I'm not successfully installing Lion yet because it stuck at "DSMOS arrived".

I have questions about this <The system is running, but it doesn't boot without the USB stick, then we have to install the (Chameleon), the essential kexts and the DSDT> I have it booted and installed its the essential kexts and dsdt no one ever explains HOW you install them, its assumed we know.

once you copy the extra folder(post install) to the hd how do you use it? I still have my boot/install drive how do I access my installed os so I can edit it? what I have been doing is removing the hard drive , putting it in a usb enclosure and editing it in my lion VM

i figured out about the kexts sorta. Intinally I tried a bluetooth keyboard and it picked it right up. Then I looked for kexts on my keyboard, I put them in /e/e. now I just got to get sound and wifi working. out of the box my webcam works :P. I still dont have any idea about the dsdts and if I need to modify them

Where is a good tutorial on dsdts, what do they do for you. i am not concernIied about sleep mode or keyboard backlights.

3 things not working : wireless, higher resolution and audio....wifi would be #1 priority but as far as i can tell its an unsupported card.

i need a good tutorial on using this install method to modify my system. Right now i have remove the drive and place it in a usb enclosure and modify it in my lion vm. I did try with the recovery but all i get is term and diskutility no finder.

Btw i did find a pkg for my wifi it was for snow lep and it said it would kp. When i tried it it said it was a linux drivsr

Hello,

I cannot boot from the USB installation drive. In normal mode the boot crashes almost instantly (I see only a black screen after [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]), in verbose or single user it crushes at webdav_fs or directly after it (cannot tell for sure as it happens very quickly).

I have installed Lion from USB drive following this guide: http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html

The installation was successful, but the subsequent boot results in the same fail as described above. In ignoring cashes mode I get to the boot screen, but the loading "circle" does not appear and I am seeing the grey apple logo infinitely.

What might be the measures to solve the problem?

the configuration:

GA-P35-DS3R

Q6600

8GB ram

9600GT 512mb

Barracuda 7200.9 250GB drive for mac os

Kingston Data Traveler 16GB usb drive for the install

F3 bios, AHCI on, ACPI to S3(STR), HPET to 64 bit

Hello,

I cannot boot from the USB installation drive. In normal mode the boot crashes almost instantly (I see only a black screen after [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]), in verbose or single user it crushes at webdav_fs or directly after it (cannot tell for sure as it happens very quickly).

I have installed Lion from USB drive following this guide: http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html

The installation was successful, but the subsequent boot results in the same fail as described above. In ignoring cashes mode I get to the boot screen, but the loading "circle" does not appear and I am seeing the grey apple logo infinitely.

What might be the measures to solve the problem?

the configuration:

GA-P35-DS3R

Q6600

8GB ram

9600GT 512mb

Barracuda 7200.9 250GB drive for mac os

Kingston Data Traveler 16GB usb drive for the install

F3 bios, AHCI on, ACPI to S3(STR), HPET to 64 bit

Do you have nullcpupowermanagement.kext in your /Extra/Extensions folder?

You'll also need fakesmc.kext in that same folder too. In addition, you'll need to have a proper smbios.plist.

My motherboard is a GA-P35-DS3P F7 Bios

Does anyone know how to manually rebuild kernelcache? I'm personalizing the installer for my computer. I inject bin-patched ATI4600Controller.kext for ATI HD4570 support. So, need to rebuild the kernelcache. I googled but didn't find anything yet. I'm still at 10.6.8. I will install Lion after I finalized the installer.

You might want to list here all of the Extensions you use in Extra folder & did you use any flag(s) when booting (e.g. arch=i386, arch=x86_64).

K I'm not sure exactly what I need but I put all of the stuff in the extra folder in and I didn't do anything special when booting

@soundpwns909,

Please post full specification of your computer. If I have the full specification, I can help you with the Extra Extensions.

@demian12,

I can see kernel flags you use in the picture. There is duplicate entry of "PCIRootUID"; PCIRootUID=1 & PCIRootUID=0. Please try boot with less flags, e.g. "-v npci=0x2000" should be enough.