Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

Hey JaS, good luck man. You've done some great work for the OS X scene for sure and you'll definitely be missed.

As for the rest of you... I find it hilarious how whenever a dev decides they're going to jump ship, you all band together to thank the person and beg them to stay but the second they decide to do so, everything goes right back to the way it was before - this is the exact reason why I left dev status - people are just totally ungrateful for the time and energy that us devs put into the project without expecting any sort of monetary compensation in return.

Until people learn to quit bitching about having everything handed straight to them, this is going to be a vicious cycle that won't end until there are no devs left. Period.

That's my fourty-seven cents for the day, carry on now.

Hi JaS,

I finishi dowload a new 10.4.7 JaS DVD, and now my system run fine, all functions of my Hack_intoshi is perfect! i am a very happy user now :D

Good luck in your life!

Thanks for more one GOOD work.

Keep Walking, Keep Working Keep Living....

:)

DONT LEAVE US JAS!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the only thing keeping this going. If i knew who you were i would send you a 10000 dollar money order! All your work has been awsome and i hope to see you back. That guy is just a and i will swear and risk my account banned for this is a f***ing ass hole and dont listen to him. I will miss you if you do leave. If you are leaving it would be really awsome if you would put up a website for just a bit with all your knowlege of oxx86. PLEASE! Dont leave us. We need you!

DONT LEAVE US JAS!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the only thing keeping this going. If i knew who you were i would send you a 10000 dollar money order! All your work has been awsome and i hope to see you back. That guy is just a and i will swear and risk my account banned for this is a f***ing ass hole and dont listen to him. I will miss you if you do leave. If you are leaving it would be really awsome if you would put up a website for just a bit with all your knowlege of oxx86. PLEASE! Dont leave us. We need you!

Yeah...Don't.

Jas thankyou really you and Myzar and ome other ppl wich one can count with the fingers of just one hand are the guys who make this wonderfull hackintoshes possible, i have to respect our desicion so farewell , and the best of lucks, but try to stick around, Leopard will be a new challenge for al us.

Good Bye JAS!!!!!!

It's really a shame to see you go. You've helped bring things a long way since x86 first hit the scene, and the 10.4.7 release was pure gold, working perfectly after the standalone update shot me down in all my best efforts.

I hope work on these releases continues, (by others, or perhaps by you again sometime,) but now I believe many people are undeserving.

When I was having trouble with the standalone 10.4.7 update, I started again from scratch. I documented each step I took, the errors I recieved, and put forth efforts to best diagnose each problem I encountered. When I couldn't fix my problems, I accepted that and decided to stick with 10.4.6. I also didn't let my efforts go to waste. I reformed that documentation and published it in hopes of helping others who were having trouble.

It didn't kill me to try, and I doubt it's killed anyone else with half a brain either.

People shouldn't expect to rely on you and the other software engineers to take care of everything for them. It doesn't take any sort of expert to know that. You've done what you can at your own expense, and that in itself is astonishing for the fact that you get no compensation for your time.

We'll all miss seeing your work around JaS, (even the ungratefuls, I'm sure,) and I can say that everyone who knew you will miss you as well. (Correct me if I'm wrong guys. Anybody? Good.)

Thank you for at least publishing this one last release, and for making it as well as you did.

See you around.

Jas all i can says is thank you for contributing to the osx86 project as a whole and inspiring people to want to expand there knowledge and do the types of things that you do and know what you know. i wish i...we could persuade you to stay, but you cant make a dead horse walk, and we cant make you stay if you dont want to, but just know that everything youve done is just simply amazing. :laser:

Well After this last release I just can't read another post of ppl complaining about some small issue they could fix themselves.I am just f***ing over this whole thing,

The fun is goneThis was my last release.

Later,

JaS

When this guys don't understand how to do things...

I wish all of this is not true... I hope that you reconsider your decision and help

us out more. I only hope that people will understand what they've done when

they read this post of yours...

If you want to stay here more time, even just discussing and helping others and

not releasing new discs, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you JAS, to you and everyone else who spends so much time developing for this community for nothing but the knowledge that you are helping people out. Its you people that make computers exciting! Taking something that shouldn't work at all and spinning it on its ear! You rock.

And for those people who can't see something special when its sitting right in front of you, well, you'll never be happy. Too bad you have to spread your sadness to those who are trying to help. (But, being in technical support myself, I know they'll never realize it)

Kudos, JAS! Good luck in everything you do!

Oh, and to Apple, its people like JAS that helped me love OS X and eventually buy a Mac Book Pro of my own. You should be paying this man!

Frankly, instead of people sitting around whining about a release not working for them, they should try to figure out the problem. Everyone should put some effort into making stuff work instead of constantly complaining that it doesnt.

Frankly, instead of people sitting around whining about a release not working for them, they should try to figure out the problem. Everyone should put some effort into making stuff work instead of constantly complaining that it doesnt.

You're right... Me too some days ago i was searching for a way to make Front Row work but before starting to ask in the forum, i tried searching for a couple of days around the net for possible solutions...

Probably nobody read the sticky thread "how to ask questions"...

JaS, All I can say is thank you. You have been totaly awesome. When I first came here, i was a total noob, and thanks to your help, im not anymore. That one time u even cared enough to talk to me on irc to rip apart the 10.4.7 package get out the nVidia drivers and try to make them work. Sure, it dint work, but I had a gret time talking to you, and it felt good to actually know that u cared enought to try to help me out.

You have contributed more than you can ever imagine to this community.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!

Please don't go Jas.

I am running your release and everything works great.

If it weren't for you many of us would have given up the whole thing.

This project is not for idiots.

Idiots who want to run OS X just go out and buy a Mac.

For every idiot who complains, there are thousands of people who are grateful to you.

Just look at Demonoid: yours is the most popular "application"