Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

Damn, less than 48 hours after i get back into OS X someone leaves. I don't even wanna know what happenned to maxxuss. I remember the deadmoo days (when installing was a PITA) and remember JaS. Little did i suspect the dude was gonna blow up and help make the easiest install ever.

I can understand why he's leaving. In my comp sci classes, there are always people hounding the professors for easy answers. I wouldn't have the patience. It's always easier to bug someone for the answer than researching something.

It took me less than a day to get my install fully working (install, OGL fix QE!, and battery monitor) and i did it all without asking a single question (and the last person i would ask is JaS). Trust me when i say that though our paths may never cross and though we may never pm you we do appreciate the time and dedication you've put into your releases. Software engineering is difficult, even more so when only one person seems to take the brunt of the attacks.

Cheers Jas! Brilliant work!

All of your releases worked right out of the box for me - apart from the stuff that was KNOWN for not being compatible. And that's exactly the point. If you look over at Linux there are a lot of gurus who tell it straight to your face 'If you want this or that distro to run just get the right hardware and stop complaining!'

I always found it amazing enough that OSX86 can work AT ALL.

Nice one! :construction:

cheers

sol

PS. there's a Leopard lurking around the corner...

Well After this last release I just can't read another post of ppl complaining about some small issue they could fix themselves.I am just f***ing over this whole thing,

The fun is goneThis was my last release.

Later,

JaS

hey JaS

i am sorry to hear that, and thank you for all your contributions to the community :D also thanks for the 10.4.7 amd patched dvd, i like it alot.... and i hope taht all your endevors go well, and people learn theyre lession and stop bugging people with stuff that they could have fixed themselves instead of sitting around whining to the person who was kind enough to make the dvd even start to boot off of theyre system.... its a shame....

thanks for everything that youve done for the community and i hope that everything goes well for you

max

Hey JaS, good luck man. You've done some great work for the OS X scene for sure and you'll definitely be missed.

As for the rest of you... I find it hilarious how whenever a dev decides they're going to jump ship, you all band together to thank the person and beg them to stay but the second they decide to do so, everything goes right back to the way it was before - this is the exact reason why I left dev status - people are just totally ungrateful for the time and energy that us devs put into the project without expecting any sort of monetary compensation in return.

So what is the compensation DEV's are asking for because obviously us people that are used to being handed their code/fixes aren't doing enough to keep em here.

As far as saying 'THANK YOU' I'm sure you 'Dev's' had had alot of it.

So that's why im miffed... what else can we do? buy you guys macbook pro's? or join those getstuffforfree.com things?

If people complain about your releases learn to ignore them.. It's the adult way to handle things.

resignation not accepted!

I substitute your reality and replace it with mine!

In my reality you tell everyone to FU and ignore them and keep up with the great job you been doing.

I know how it can be when a couple of people get frustrated when they don’t get something to work when it supposed to work. But its not your fault that their freaking hardware is just not compatible with the release you put out doesn’t work for them.

YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE!

I can’t get to work the 10.4.7 even though I downloaded the version from 2 places and it says that the file is corrupted but I DON’T GO COMPLAINING AND BITCHING to JAS that his copy doesn’t work!! A real tech try’s to find out why it doesn’t work and maybe put in a little effort on trying to get it to work.

I just hope to see you come back and keep sharing a little of your talents with us noobs.

Thx you Sir Jas!

Burninator

Hey, its me again,

i think its funny that people are saying "i wont accept your retirement" etc... wow, i think that people should respect your decision no matter weather it is goood or bad, and just be grateful that you did what you have done so far :gun:

thanks for everything that youve done and i hope you will have fun with what ever it is you move on to :)

max

BIG ASSED THANKS GOES OUT TO BEZEEK AN JAS........

Yes I meant to yell that.....

I was stuck with trying to figure out how to convert that dmg..... then I saw the RAR file.....

I've installed 10.4.7 off bezeeks image twice (unfortunately on the same machine, forgot to install the gma900 package.....) although when trying to do a new install on vmware it doesn't get past the apple with the spinning thing at the bottom. Oh well. I'm putting it on a machine that I got specifically for building a native mac. I'm putting osx on one drive and the other drive is going to have win xp and linux partitions. The asus mother board has a selectable boot drive option in it's bios. Which I love.... Since my dual and triple boot systems are mostly multiple drive systems and not partitions that works great for me.

I've been a silent participant on this site for a while and wanted to show my appreciation....

I really liked the gma900 package in the installer. Made getting QE and CI a snap....

for the spec happy people here's what I have

Asus P5GD-VM (intel 915 chipset)

Celeron 3ghz

512 meg ram

80 gig hard drive

sony DVD-RW

All works perfectly.

Thank you thank you thank you for making this install so easy.

Most problems could be solved if the stupid people would research out hardware compatabilities before buying equipment for such a machine..... That's what I did. I found people who had been successful with a good quality board and went and bought the equipment others recommended and had success with. Trying to make osx work with hardware that's not compatible is an insane process and most don't have the technical ability to figure out that stuff...... I know I don't so that's why I got a very compatible board.

Magicman

PS..... I do tech support and put up with idiots all day who can't figure out what a right click is or where the start button is....... So I understand....... Good luck..... we'll miss you and we'll be here if you get that old hacking urge on a new release.......

thanks for your work and efforts to the community.....

Buy an AK-74 (not the ak-47) and go to the shooting range....... put up targets an imagine they are the idiots..... makes me feel better all the time.....

If people complain about your releases learn to ignore them.. It's the adult way to handle things.

Thanks for telling me how I should act.

I didn't want anything in return for what I was doing,other then to see people enjoy mac os x and have an "as easy as posable install" on there amd/intel rigs.

you never saw me with one of those help me get a mackbook pro sigs,or any sig for that matter.

I only did it to help out. The best I could.

In the beginning when I first installed os x on my pc (deadmoo image) I tried to find out how to make a bootable dvd and what I needed to do,I even asked bender12 in his thread along with myzar and some other ppl like zef. I was the one that was blown off and not responded to,did that stop me,no. I just didn't ask anymore and found out how to do it.

I am sure someone will come along and do the same again. Thanks for all the kind words everyone,I really appreciate them more then you know. ( you all are starting to me me feel guilty about this :mellow: )

Thanks for telling me how I should act.

dont worrry about it, just people who are sad to hear you are leaving and taking your tallents with you, but they have to RESPECT you enough to respect your decision in retiring, its your decision and yours alone! people bug me who are trying to disrespect you and tell you that you have to stay, or how you should act, RESPECT PEOPLE, thats why hes leaving in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry that people are {censored} some times, myself included

max

Hey, its me again,

i think its funny that people are saying "i wont accept your retirement" etc... wow, i think that people should respect your decision no matter weather it is goood or bad, and just be grateful that you did what you have done so far :)

thanks for everything that youve done and i hope you will have fun with what ever it is you move on to :)

max

OMFG! didnt you notice that i was sarcastic?

you definately need some humor slap into you!!!!

and dont feel guilty man, if you dont feel like doing this is up to you. no one will think bad about you if you decide what ever you decide.

Once again, thx A LOT JaS!

OMFG! didnt you notice that i was sarcastic?

you definately need some humor slap into you!!!!

Once again, thx A LOT JaS!

sorry, i wasnt meaning to flame you or ne thing, i just was saying that in general and you were an easy target :) my bad.... and no hard feelings

max

Hey JaS, sorry to hear you're leaaving. Reminds me of the story of a man called Steve Jobs, who was fired from his own company at developing something revolutionary(the mac), and then came back and revolutionized apple.

well thanks JaS for everything, whithout you I couldn't have used mac programs I needed for school, you saved me big bucks! :)

JaS, please don't leave us please please? :D

I know a lot of people in Korea respect your work and also appreciate your work a lot.

You're an international star!!

You are just too big to quit now..please reconsider :D

Well After this last release I just can't read another post of ppl complaining about some small issue they could fix themselves.I am just f***ing over this whole thing,

The fun is goneThis was my last release.

Later,

JaS

Dear JaS.

I hate to write this but I am sincelery shocked by the fact that so many people are complaining about the astonishing amount of work you did for this community.

They have probably not the slightest idea how much effort you put in the releases you made for us.

I life in The Netherlands and I am convinced that there are a lot of people over here that do love your work and installed OS X on their PC.

They would not be able to do that without YOUR work.

I respect the fact that you are frustrated by all the people complaining about the little 'mistakes' the could have solved themselves easily.

What the do not realise is the tremendous effort you made to make the different OS X releases available for this big community.

I am now sitting behind my OS X 86 PC installed with your 10.4.7 release and it is a pitty to know that this all was made possible by an, in my eyes special, person who did not receive the credits he deserves.

Therefore I would like to shout it from the roofs:

JAS, WE ALL LOVE YOUR GOOD WORK AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

WE LIKE YOU TO CONTINUE IT, SO;

JAS MUST STAY,

JAS MUST STAY,

JAS MUST STAY,

--------

To JaS

Please reconsider your decision and take some 'vacation'.

If you than still decide not to come back I sincerely respect your decision.

To everybody in this community

The community is here just for the fact that a few good man do all the work that is needed to allow you to run OS X an a PC platform.

All the work that has been done sofar was made posible by a few people that had the guts and the believe to bring the project where it is now.

So do not p..s of those people.

You / we need them.

With regards,

Klaas de Jong

JaS, I can definitely relate to your situation...but on a much smaller scale.

In May, I believe, I had released a PPF that updated Myzar's 10.4.5 to your 10.4.6 release. In my release notes, I had stated people may contact me via PM on this board if they had any issues with the patch (I had a linkto my profile).

However, within a few days, dozens of people started PM'ing me with questions entirely unrelated to the patch I had released.

Anyways, JaS, I wish you the best in all of your current and future affairs :)