Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

I think JaS has heard your words and come to the conclusion that if there is enjoyable work remaining to done on this project he will remain...

I am not speaking for him (yet) :) but I have a great source for arriving at this conclusion...

@ALL

Remember to give him time and space when you come to him for help...

Keep the PMs to a minimum and the questions to relatively educated origins...

Read twice...ask once...ask well...help always! :)

@JaS

And you told me you didn't have a public...pfff... :D

JaS, thank you for your work. You are the best!

Your work for osx86 became a irreplaceable for many of us.

Unfortunately, we begin it valued that the fact that we loose it.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." (The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery)

Sorry for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok well I thought I would just say that after reading this thread , and seeing how everyone thinks I should stay,then that is what I will do.

Jas, I'm pretty new to this scene... but if it wasn't for your disk and your help there is no way at all me or many people on this message board would even attempt to do what they do with their computers.

You're one of the major people that have helped out this community 10 fold. I didn't even know this topic existed until today almost two months after the fact. This community needs people, knowledgeable people that know the ins and outs of the OSx86 platform; and from what I understand they're few and far between.

There are a few things that don't work exactly as planned on my lappy, do I really care? No, because it was never truly meant to run on our systems. I don't see where people get critisizing those that help out. The fact that we've gotten people this far with running OSX on their PCs is absolutely mind boggling, considering Apple just moved to Intel chips a little over a year ago. A lot has happened in a year, from what I've read researched, etc. etc. I'm quite impressed to see what has happened with this community in the past few months.

If I haven't said it before, thanks for all your hard work, the membership here needs to remember that this a community without it --- OSx86 would be nothing. Just because things don't work, or won't work, or are in the processes doesn't mean to critisize the team here. It just makes things worse.

Good to hear that you've decided to work it out; we need good brains like you around man. Hell I've got a four year degree in IT and some programming, irregardless I'm still learning new things each and every day to the Mac Platform.

Ok well I thought I would just say that after reading this thread , and seeing how everyone thinks I should stay,then that is what I will do.

YES! Please stay! My dream of running OSX on my Sony VAIO came true because of you. I have helped many of my friends do the same to their PCs and they love it. It is true what they say... "one noisy complainer is louder than 1000 quietly satisfied users". I hadn't visited the forums in a while and when I saw your post, my heart sunk to the very bottom.

It may sound cheezy or whatever but you have been my inspiration for helping other people to get OSX working on their PC's. Especially getting the video cards to work properly at the proper resolution. I could not have come this far without your hard work and dedication.

I applaud your efforts and sincerely hope that your expertise in this field of OSx86 is not lost or given up on because of some very childish whiners.

Keep up the amazing work JAS! We hope to see you around for a long time!

Dear JaS

I´m really a new MacOS User...before I only use Win and last Time Linux.My first Steps with the new OS i only can do because you have done such really fine work.

Thanks a lot....

By the way...is there anyone with the knowledge to patch the OS,or where can we get the Information to help you to do the patches..???

Is it possible to do something altough i´m not a programmer

greetings from germany and sorry for the bad english

I never got to thank you JaS, and I doubt you'll read this anytime soon, if at all.

You've put a large smile across the faces of people all across the world, what more could a guy ask for?

But just the same, there's those that expect free help from somebody to be flawless; maybe they weren't beat as a child enough to not know to not look a gift horse in the mouth. It is to those brave souls to complain I offer a harshly sarcastic Thanks.

The real thanks goes to you JaS, enjoy your time off from the stress :D

EDIT:

Hey, look what I found by reading, a half page up, you're going to stay you say!! ;P

Glad to hear, and i still say, don't let the critisizers scare you off :)

And I was about to give in the the supersticion that friday the 13th and the days about it were bad luck, Ha, take that supersticious believers ;P

Glad to hear that you are staying. I remember when I first tried to install. Wasn't working, but did I come to the forum immediately, NO, I tried to fix it myself. I never yelled about something working, and with a bit of searching I got my PATA drives to work amazingly. Don't worry about what the f***ign nubs think

You're real community are the ones that posted in here, and we will always support you. Hell, I would donate a lot to you, but I can't afford to pay attention at thsi time I would donate, not because you asked, because you shown me what real genius can do, and you've shown me that winblows..well..blows ;) Thanks bro.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great that your staying. Thanks for the great releases, as I am successfuly running Mac OS X on both my PCs until I can afford to get a real Mac, as before I never knew how great macs are.

• 1 month later...

I can fully understand how you feel JaS. It's unfortunate that you have a bunch of people who do not appreciate the work you had put in. I have been a PC user for the longest time, and took me 2 weeks to understand and after 15 formats on my HDD and 15 installations, I manage to solve my own problems with some help from others. I even donated to your cause because I feel that people like you should be gratified. Please do not give up. Especially from those who believe in you and respect your work. You have brought great joy to my family, my wife and I have a new OS to play with and she's loving the stability of the Operating System not to mention play.

Don't give up, we're right behind you all the way. Take a break, you deserve it. But without you around, the community would probably just die.

Your friend from Singapore,

BladeZ