Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

Thanks for telling me how I should act.

I didn't want anything in return for what I was doing,other then to see people enjoy mac os x and have an "as easy as posable install" on there amd/intel rigs.

you never saw me with one of those help me get a mackbook pro sigs,or any sig for that matter.

I only did it to help out. The best I could.

In the beginning when I first installed os x on my pc (deadmoo image) I tried to find out how to make a bootable dvd and what I needed to do,I even asked bender12 in his thread along with myzar and some other ppl like zef. I was the one that was blown off and not responded to,did that stop me,no. I just didn't ask anymore and found out how to do it.

I am sure someone will come along and do the same again. Thanks for all the kind words everyone,I really appreciate them more then you know. ( you all are starting to me me feel guilty about this :) )

Originally my response was to another user that i quoted..So dont quote me as telling you to act a certain way.. it wasn't aimed at you.

Post #108 was to 'EtherealRemnant '

But like everyone else said , thank you,you will be missed .

Sad that you don't hear about all the people who do their homework and make the best of the most inclusive OSX86 releases to date.

...until a thread like this, I guess.

---

JaS: I'm just a lamer with a cable modem and you brought OS X to my PC.

On behalf of us laymen who search the forums, trial-and-error through our kernel panics, and respect the problem-solving process, thanks for making the disc that made it all possible.

Cheers--

I might be a complete noob, but I understand that all of this wasn't possible without you. It's a shame you feel dissapointed by the comments you got from some people within the community, tho you should know, 90% of the people get it to work, and the 10% who can't, start to complain.

If you ever get bored, go do what you are good at :blink:

Thanks for helping alot of people in here out with some fine releases, and goodluck in whatever you are going to do next.

Best regards,

Rippance from Holland.

Hearing the news about Jas' quit makes me wonder about the future of this entire project. There seems to be so few people capable of understanding the depths of this OS. And they are leaving us one by one by leaving messages stressing their disappointments about the complaints and rudeness of others in the community. Linux community managed to create an OS from scratch by sharing responsibilities not by yelling for food like the chicks in the nest. What will happen when Leopard arrives if we don't stand together? Will we wait for the arrival of the Messiah, the one who will complete the project alone, or will we start sharing source codes and resources, teach each other driver programming and work together? I am getting desperate about our future now.

Hey JaS,

sorry to hear that. :-(

I don't give up the hope that you'l maybe change your mind after you see all the

people here who appreciate your great effort. :blink:

Anyway: If you need my acc or assistance again for some upcoming nightly kext

compiling, just drop me a mail. Although I'm not at irc, I enjoyed our 10.4.3 dcc :poster_oops:

Thank you JaS. You have brought me to a daily working machine. YOU have enabled me to use my P4 as a daily work Mac. (Specs below in sig).

Thanks again JaS,

JD

Loved your work JaS.

We'll miss you horribly.

Maybe by the time Leoapard rolls around you'll get the urge to try it again.

Good Luck

Oh P.S

I'm downloading your 10.4.7 iso...i gotta question will it work on my hardware???? Just Kidding...Thanks soo much

who the F*** started that BS thread in the first place I hope your happy you lousy whining pricks. Now complain all you want JAS is a sorted person and all those stupid threads slammin mr JAS geez we already have people slamming windows but in the end you run it. Kind of Contradicting innit?.

Anyway Im sorry to see you go JAS your a nice person Never had any Issues with your work mate. Despite all the complaints of people who dont know how to unzip their pants to take a {censored}. Hopefully youll be around just to chat at least catch you later mate. Just remember you dont have to hear another newb complaint, cuz the newbs killed a good thing while it was around.

JaS

You are a ray of light in a murky world. Although If you need to move on...do what is best for your spirt. You have been a solution for many of us without the skill sets to digg deep into the workings of OSX.

Let your soul be free...

You have educated many of us to the beauty of the apple OS.

You have done your duty.

Thank you > Thank you> Thank you

"Drive Fast and Take chances"

I appreciate all your releases so far and I think you've done a superb job.

But with all new developments, you have to be prepared for a new onslaught of traffic, and problems that come with it.

If you quit, someone else will simply just take your place. This wont be a lost for the community at all; it will be a lost for yourself. The people who actually succeed in this software business are those who capitalise on their strengths and emerge from the challenge, stronger and wiser (not to mention richer if possible) than before.

Think about it, life is though, dont give in to it.

On the other hand, what you are doing is not really legal, so i suggest you stop for your own safety.

JaS - Im just getting to grips with hackintosh and Mac OS X86

I guess this is my second post and ive only just installed OSX86 with your patch on my computer!

Im gonna miss you (although i never knew you). Thanks for all the work that youve done. Your someone i could look up to for an example!!!!

Sad to see you go - Hope you return

JaS - Im just getting to grips with hackintosh and Mac OS X86

I guess this is my second post and ive only just installed OSX86 with your patch on my computer!

Im gonna miss you (although i never knew you). Thanks for all the work that youve done. Your someone i could look up to for an example!!!!

Sad to see you go - Hope you return

I want to thank Jas and everybody that works hard to get osx working on non-macs.

If it was not for Jas's 10.4.6 DVD I would not be running mac on my Toshiba A105-S4054 laptop.

I had some problems but I tried to find the answers without asking for help.

Everything I have learned on computers is by trial & error and searching the web.

To all the lazy complainers get a life and figure out how to do things without some else doing it for you.

Hi

Very sorry to hear that

But as everybody say I can understand that. We all know the amount of hours and the hard piece of work you have done to release mac os version for the hapinness of hundreds of people

We respect your decision, and again thank you thousand times for all your job

Polo

This is one of those sad times for everyone, when a respected and hardworking individual feels the need to leave.

It reminds me of the time when my favourite dj left the local radio station and played The Three Degrees - When will I see you again? as his last record.

Sorry you're leaving JaS. Good luck in the future.

Its a big lost to the community, but you really deserve a good break after you selfless commitments to help others in the OSX86 project. I won't be surprise if this thread grows when more people know that you will be leaving. Sad to hear that there are minority that takes you for granted.

Wish you all the best in your future endeavor. We can't thank you enough.

You will be missed.

It's too bad you let other people decide for you what you enjoy doing. I also do some open source projects and there are always morons out there who complain when you give them free stuff. Why let them be the ones that decide for you how you feel about what you do? Do it for yourself and the people in the community whose opinions you respect. If you do anything that gets any kind of attention publicly, you have to learn to not care what the morons think of you or your work, because there are a lot of morons. You need to be more stuck up about it like me :)